Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,423 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That's typical Foley! Was in bits laughing at it aswell! Him and jay have brilliant last few weeks and it's no coincidence imo they've improved a lot since his family moved down here.

Rays family moved down ? So is his wife using the rte cork studios then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeah he's mentioned it a few times. Wonder has she taken an extended holiday from work or is she working down in Cork now too?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Synode wrote: »
    Yeah he's mentioned it a few times. Wonder has she taken an extended holiday from work or is she working down in Cork now too?

Probably working from Cork for the summer while the kids are off school you'd imagine.

(Obvious disclaimer that it's none of our business really, but it's good to hear that he's not away from them all the week)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Probably working from Cork for the summer while the kids are off school you'd imagine.

(Obvious disclaimer that it's none of our business really, but it's good to hear that he's not away from them all the week)

He mentioned a few times they were down with him for the summer, I'm sure it makes it easier on him alright.

Have to say the show is going well, really enjoying it and has be laughing every morning just from them chatting away having the craic mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Violet Young Birthday

IUA14 wrote: »
    He mentioned a few times they were down with him for the summer, I'm sure it makes it easier on him alright.

Have to say the show is going well, really enjoying it and has be laughing every morning just from them chatting away having the craic mostly.
    It's always been the banter and going off in a tangent that's made Ray great! I remember back when he first started on Red and told a story about going to his boss's for dinner and jay was in stitches and couldn't even respond he was laughing (not chuckling) so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

No podcasts again this week? 😞

these guys are hilarious. It's a pain in the arse trying to listen to them from Dublin though!

They remind me of The Full Irish, hosted by Ryan Tubridy on 2FM back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Loving all the little digs at Ray D'Arcy :D

No podcasts again this week? ��

Podcast back today, don't know what happened yday.
    these guys are hilarious. It's a pain in the arse trying to listen to them from Dublin though!

They remind me of The Full Irish, hosted by Ryan Tubridy on 2FM back in the day

I listen in from Dublin too, the "RadioPlayer" app is brilliant for it, better than the Red app.
    buster180 wrote: »
    Loving all the little digs at Ray D'Arcy :D

Everyone taking digs at D'Arcy. Heard the Off The Ball lads last week talking about the money he's on and someone texted in taking the piss, the lads blamed JP since he hates him. :pac:

Wonder what studio in Dublin Foley has been doing the show from for the past few weeks. Looking forward to himself and Jay being back in the studio together after the week off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Wonder what studio in Dublin Foley has been doing the show from for the past few weeks. Looking forward to himself and Jay being back in the studio together after the week off.

I'm sure you had an identical post a few months back which was proven wrong and now you're at it again.
    What's your agenda?

I'm sure you had an identical post a few months back which was proven wrong and now you're at it again.
    What's your agenda?

I didn't actually, no. And "at what" exactly? Its not a criticism...Foley had the Six O'Clock show every day the past two weeks so it would be completely unreasonable to expect him to travel 450KM round trip each day...

I have no agenda but Foley was not broadcasting from Cork the last two weeks...hence the delay on the line from Foley when they had callers on and not Jay...and why yesterday Jay's laptop was playing music on air and neither knew where is was coming from. They pulled it off excellently and the show still sounded great...was simply saying I look forward to them being back in the same studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

Apparently, Foley is in his house in Dublin doing a breakfast show for Cork.

I heard gaps, hesitations, horrible caller delays, crashing over each, Foleys mic quality is bad, a mess.

Howard100 wrote: »
    Apparently, Foley is in his house in Dublin doing a breakfast show for Cork.

I heard gaps, hesitations, horrible caller delays, crashing over each, Foleys mic quality is bad, a mess.

Completely disagree there. Yeah it wasn't ideal but far from a mess. Only time I really noticed it was with callers. Still enjoyed the show the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

What's your agenda?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Couldn't get my head around how Ray was doing the TV show and radio show. Going up and down seemed crazy. But it still sounded fresh and there was no hint to me that he was anywhere other than Cork. If he was doing it from the house, fair play. It sounded well.

The lads are on a week off this week. Didn't catch the fill-in name, but I switched off after part of the link I heard.

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Couldn't get my head around how Ray was doing the TV show and radio show. Going up and down seemed crazy. But it still sounded fresh and there was no hint to me that he was anywhere other than Cork. If he was doing it from the house, fair play. It sounded well.

The lads are on a week off this week. Didn't catch the fill-in name, but I switched off after part of the link I heard.

Completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Colm O'Sullivan is filling in for them this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Boots234 wrote: »
    Colm O'Sullivan is filling in for them this week

Is that Colm O'Sullivan who was on Today FM?

Is that Colm O'Sullivan who was on Today FM?

No. Colm O Sullivan formerly of Spin SW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

It got dirty this morning on the KC show which Im listening to while the lads are on holidays.

KC announced his usual euromillions text in syndicate but I remembered Foley and Jay outing him last week saying it was all smoke and mirrors and there was never a ticket bought, so I text him exactly that and said I was disappointed in him.

So he read out the message obviously omitting their names but everyone knew who he was talking about, so he blatantly denied it and said he had all the receipts and does the same numbers every week and not to believe a word out of those two bluffer's.

He then finished by saying at least his Cork breakfast show was broadcast from Cork and not Dublin, which was a serious dig.

What's your agenda?

Apology accepted.
    It got dirty this morning on the KC show which Im listening to while the lads are on holidays.

KC announced his usual euromillions text in syndicate but I remembered Foley and Jay outing him last week saying it was all smoke and mirrors and there was never a ticket bought, so I text him exactly that and said I was disappointed in him.

So he read out the message obviously omitting their names but everyone knew who he was talking about, so he blatantly denied it and said he had all the receipts and does the same numbers every week and not to believe a word out of those two bluffer's.

He then finished by saying at least his Cork breakfast show was broadcast from Cork and not Dublin, which was a serious dig.

Also seems like you are the one with an agenda trying to stir up something that was always light-hearted ribbing into something more sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ray seems to piss off a lot of people, I thought him and KC were mates.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Ray seems to piss off a lot of people, I thought him and KC were mates.

I wouldn't put much stock into what was said above to be honest...they are pretty good mates for years now and have been meeting up for dinner a bit since he started in Cork, Foley has said as much on air.

Foley and Anton becoming Twitter mates:

https://twitter.com/antonsavageshow/status/916740113476005888

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Well they both have a strong dislike for the station so they have some common ground. They also are both radio presenters and 6'oclock show tv hosts! Would like to hear an ntn podcast from Ray but they look fairly dead in the water.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Well they both have a strong dislike for the station so they have some common ground. They also are both radio presenters and 6'oclock show tv hosts! Would like to hear an ntn podcast from Ray but they look fairly dead in the water.

I’d love a NTN podcast. I miss Alan and especially JP. But yeah they definitely seem dead in the water.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Loughc wrote: »
    I’d love a NTN podcast. I miss Alan and especially JP. But yeah they definitely seem dead in the water.

The last time I unsubscribed from and removed NTN from my iTunes they released a new episode within about two days.

Maybe I should try deleting it again... :P

Loving the show this week...6 months in and I think Monday was probably the best yet...just a loose show with a bit of craic between Ray and Jay. They sound like they are enjoying it and not taking it, themselves, or the station too seriously.

Would love an NTN, surprised there hasn't been one but could be that he can't do them on his contract with Red...or he's just busy/not arsed.

• Advertisement

Loving the show this week...6 months in and I think Monday was probably the best yet...just a loose show with a bit of craic between Ray and Jay. They sound like they are enjoying it and not taking it, themselves, or the station too seriously.

Would love an NTN, surprised there hasn't been one but could be that he can't do them on his contract with Red...or he's just busy/not arsed.

Ya the lads are gelling really well and I’d say the segments on them in gym will be gas

Advertisement