Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question for baldies.

• 25-07-2014 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a kinda baseball cap to keep the sun off my head while out running. Now I've so little hair left I'm finding my scalp is getting burned. The only one's I've seen are a heavy material. Is there any made out of a lighter material?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

INOV 8 do a range of hats and there light, wiggle usualy have them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Most running shops should have them, even Heatons, Lifestyle, Elverys etc.

I have two I got in the Asics outlet in Kildare, lightweight material, with breathable mesh sections, keep the sun off your head and out of your eyes but don't overheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭PaulieC

The Nike daybreak is a decent cap. nice and light, but the peak is a bit flapy in the wind.
    I also have a brilliant RonHill cap - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ronhill-run-cap-ss14/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a kinda baseball cap to keep the sun off my head while out running. Now I've so little hair left I'm finding my scalp is getting burned. The only one's I've seen are a heavy material. Is there any made out of a lighter material?

Edit ; Ignore above request, the sun has disappeared until 2017 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ever heard of sun screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Go all out with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭PaulieC

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Edit ; Ignore above request, the sun has disappeared until 2017 ;)

was bound to happen as soon as the question was asked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

NSAman wrote: »
    Ever heard of sun screen?
    Ever heard or felt sunscreen and sweat dripping into your eyes and stinging the **** out of them ? , the inov 8 hats are great, UVB protection, soak sweat up really well , good comfy fit and washable , I have mine now for a fourth summer and it's still grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Have you considered rocking the Pirate look and going down the buff / bandana route - suits you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Have you considered rocking the Pirate look and going down the buff / bandana route - suits you sir

Buffs really are great. They keep earphones from popping out (not in races ;)), you can wipe your eyes with them when stinging with sweat, they keep your head cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

Not completely bold myself but more than enough to have to wear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

I used to rock a chrome dome, and I used one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/castelli-garmin-sharp-cycling-cap-ss14/rp-prod120282

Now I've gone fully over to the dark side.

R

Advertisement