Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nodin_ wrote: »
    Fair enough then Derek. It's just that the way some posters go on you'd swear they were millionaires raking in the dough. Very low success rate on the advice given here I'm sure you'll admit. Apologies if I caused any offence. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I've got a fairly good success rate partly thanks to this thread, just looking at my bet365 records there, I've about tripled my invested in terms of depositing 720 euros, withdrawing 2057 euros,

I'll get ya screen shots when i'm home.

BTW your names not Coughlan by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I wont be doin many bets this weekend so I went for this ridiculous one for the craic.
    accum.jpg
    €20 returns €113

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Here is a 100% sure bet - Madrid will beat Barcelona

Barcelona has seven wins and three draws against only one loss to Madrid in all competitions under Pep

Of course Mourinho could park the bus and grind out a win but i think to call it SURE BET is comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

R Van Persie to score in 90 minutes and Arsenal to win the match 6/5 is a pretty interesting bet

He's on fire at the moment and Arsenal are all rested up for the match too

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Torquay at 5/6 win later are very tempting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The bet of the weekend to me looks like Charlton away to Walsall at 5-6.

Serie A looks bright this weekend too with Lazio away to Lecce @ 10-11, Milan away to Bologna @ 1-2 and Udinese at home to Chievo @ 1-2.

There aint many times you see Barca at 2-1 for a match so that has to be taken as well in the game of the weekend.

Other notables are West Ham away to Reading @ 7-4. They play much better away from Upton Park.

Gone for Jones to be booked anytime for Schalke 13/8

He's only back from a suspension which was caused by 5 yellow cards :pac:

Its a bit dodgy betting on him for this game because I dont know can Herta cause Schalke trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Look - we can post ludicrous bets here all day long and say things like Brisbane are a sure winner against Melbourne, but the truth is it's all a bunch of shiite talk. The pearls of wisdom from the so-called "experts" on this forum are no better than the opinion of the drunk guy at the bar.

This forum should be for giving out genuine advice to punters. Here is a 100% sure bet - Madrid will beat Barcelona in El Classico this weekend.You can put your house on it. If Madrid don't win or if it's a draw, I will leave this forum forever. But that won't happen. Deal?

Pal if you don't like it around here what exactly are you doing here? Some of the tips & info here is second to none. You take the info, put it with your own & see if it's a sound bet. It's your cash to lose. Your negative attitude is no good to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Explain how I'm trolling. The truth hurts, doesn't it? Read back over the suggestions on the last 5 pages. How many of them were successful? ZERO. Nobody here has a clue, gambling away their dole money. A bookies' dream.
    I said CSKA Moscow looked good against Inter and they won so..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Can anyone see a market up for players to be booked in WBA Wigan?Theres talk of both Odemwingie and Long starting which if is the case I can see them causing a lot of trouble for both Alcaraz and Caldwell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Braga (-1) at 21/20 on 365 looks a very decent bet tonight. Braga have covered the (-1) in 4/5 home games this season in the league. Their other result was a 1-1 draw at home to Benfica. Pacos de Ferreira have scored two goals away from home this season and have let in 10 in their 5 games.

Iv read that Braga are missing players

Make sure on them before ya commit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Norwich V Newcastle

Expecting goals here. Newcastle missing defenders S Taylor & Coloccini, and defensive midfielder Tiote is not expected to be back. Newcastle's defence has been fairly solid this year, but I think I am right in saying the back 4 were ever-presents, and so to now miss arguably their 2 best defenders is a big blow.

Some stats:
    -In Norwich's 7 home games, there have been 22 goals.
    -In their last 3 homes, there were 12 goals – For 6, Against 6.
    -Norwich have yet to keep a clean sheet in 14 games.
    -Both teams to score has landed in 12 of the 14 games.
    -Failed to shut out QPR, Sunderland, Swansea & WBA - all struggling for goals this season.
    -After opening clean sheets away to QPR & Sunderland, Newcastle have failed to have a shut out in their last 5, with both teams to score landing in all 5.

Over 2.5 (8/11) and both teams to score (4/7) look to be solid bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Braga (-1) at 21/20 on 365 looks a very decent bet tonight. Braga have covered the (-1) in 4/5 home games this season in the league. Their other result was a 1-1 draw at home to Benfica. Pacos de Ferreira have scored two goals away from home this season and have let in 10 in their 5 games.

I went for Braga to win to nil @ 2.10 . Braga have one of the best defenses in the league while Ferreira have only scored 2 goals in there last 5 away match's

edit : if only i had seen headshots post earlier , here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Nodin wrote:
    Hmm Melbourne is hammering Brisbane at the moment... I don't think anyone in this forum has a clue. Glad I didn't follow you into bankruptcy
    :D
    nah I don't gamble what i can't afford
    Look - we can post ludicrous bets here all day long and say things like Brisbane are a sure winner against Melbourne, but the truth is it's all a bunch of shiite talk. The pearls of wisdom from the so-called "experts" on this forum are no better than the opinion of the drunk guy at the bar.

This forum should be for giving out genuine advice to punters. Here is a 100% sure bet - Madrid will beat Barcelona in El Classico this weekend.You can put your house on it. If Madrid don't win or if it's a draw, I will leave this forum forever. But that won't happen. Deal?

sounds like someone lost alot money
    never said it was a sure thing, just looked at home form v away form- and bet looked good. And comparing the form, a home win was not a "ludicrous bet"
    open a can and fecking relax man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

We seem to get a troll here every so often.
    I know a lot of people are unemployed with the recession an all but jaysis get a hobby or somethin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for Jones to be booked anytime for Schalke 13/8

He's only back from a suspension which was caused by 5 yellow cards :pac:

Its a bit dodgy betting on him for this game because I dont know can Herta cause Schalke trouble

Gonna follow you on this HS. I miss Jones playing in prem, his card record last season was literally second to none!

Hopefully the Luiz performance was only a blip and he'll be back to his usual self against City. In fairness he didn't get much of an opportunity to put his foot in against Valencia.

Who you gonna back in Barca/Real? Alonso, Di Maria and Pepe for Real are the standouts. Pique, Mascherano and Alves for Barca. I wonder would Paddy quote a price on accum for all on them:pac:

Yardie wrote: »
    Gonna follow you on this HS. I miss Jones playing in prem, his card record last season was literally second to none!

Hopefully the Luiz performance was only a blip and he'll be back to his usual self against City. In fairness he didn't get much of an opportunity to put his foot in against Valencia.

Who you gonna back in Barca/Real? Alonso, Di Maria and Pepe for Real are the standouts. Pique, Mascherano and Alves for Barca. I wonder would Paddy quote a price on accum for all on them:pac:

Pepe is a nutter so I would go for him but the odds are brutal over all

Headshot wrote: »
    Pepe is a nutter so I would go for him but the odds are brutal over all

yeah PP's odds are unbackable, Unibet is a bit better but still not great. Alves is 6/5 on unibet and 1/2 on PP. Busquets is 1/5 on PP and 15/13 on unibet. Some difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

over 8.5 cards 11/10 on bet 365.. should still come in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Yardie wrote: »

Careful Yardie, Is luiz not suspended for the city game?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/12/09/SOCCER_Premier_League_Statistics.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

Good shout for the over 65 cards on VC for the el clasico btw! signed up to them just to lump on that bet :pac:

Careful Yardie, Is luiz not suspended for the city game?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/12/09/SOCCER_Premier_League_Statistics.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

Good shout for the over 65 cards on VC for the el clasico btw! signed up to them just to lump on that bet :pac:

Ah damn had forgotten about that suspension! I would've been nice to see him up agaisnt Aguero balotelli and Silva!Thanks for reminder.

Hopefully VC gets worked tomorrow anyway!

Hertha Schalke under 9 Asian corners @ 9/10 worth a look

Hertha average 3 corners p/g at home. 6 out of 7 home games under 9.
    Schalke average 4 corners p/g away. 4 out of 7 away games under 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

weekend accum:

man u
    arsenal
    west brom
    b dortmund
    cardiff (rugby)
    Leinster (rugby)

5 folds return about 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

free in play bet with 365 for the city game if you place a bet before the game.Wonder if theres a way to lock profit...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Man City 2/1 away to Chelsea. This is a crazy price, I will be having a good bet on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

ft9 wrote: »
    Man City 2/1 away to Chelsea. This is a crazy price, I will be having a good bet on that!

Yeah thinking of doing them and barca double myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Had a punt on Braga -1 @ 21/20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Reading v West Ham

Reading score 91.4% of their goals in 2nd half
    West Ham score 56.1% of their goals in 2nd half
    My bet: Most Goals in 2nd half @ 21/20 or Over 1.5 Goals in 2nd Half @ 11/10

Stockport V Stalybridge

Stalybridge Celtic are in 2nd place in league below Stockport, who are a team in terrible form (haven't won since 18th October, and has got only 1 point from last 8 games) and facing almost certain relegation. Stalybridge will target this game as a scalp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Ya same here set up an account and put 50 on it.
    bradlente wrote: »
    free in play bet with 365 for the city game if you place a bet before the game.Wonder if theres a way to lock profit...

I was thinking both teams to score-yes and for in play then both teams to score-no. Not sure if their is much profit in that tho. Any other ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement