Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People car parks and lack of consideration!

Options
  • 20-05-2008 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I know this thread has being posted a few times, but this time last year i picked up my 05 Mazda 3 my first "new" car, now 6 times over the last year some A-hole in a car park has done damage and said nothing, in different car parks.

1) In Kilkenny sombody badly hit the Drivers side rear of the car scrapping it badly, nothing

2) Somebody scraped the Passanger door

3) The drivers door mirror badly scraped

4) Front bumper Scuffed

5) Rear Bumper Scuffed

6) Rear Bumper Scraped badly and rear light broken (think this may have happened to my GF in work car park.

Now i know i know my GF drives the car most of the time but she takes great care of it she loves it more then i do.
    But what is it with people you do damage put your hands up and say yeah was me lets see how much it is to fix!
    I know i would sure the temptation to drive off and say nothing is there always.

Anyway my next question is, should i bother fixing the thing as NOBODY has respect for anybodys car out there if it aint a 08 merc/bmw/audi.

Ok rant off sorry! Anyplace good to get it fixed in dublin for a resonable price?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I go out of my way to park miles away from every where. Already had 2 doors painted this year & my friend who is a Dent Doctor is coming over for a "surgery" tomorrow night!
    I have 6 dents between two cars for him to sort out!

And that's coming from careful parking!

He already did a few for me this time last year!

People are so inconsiderate. A few seconds of being careful is all it takes, it doesn't cost anyone anything. I think €50 a dent is the going rate, €200 for a door paint job.
    Hopefully the bit of dinner will cover the dents, too late for the paint jobs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I know how you feel, my g/f car had been hit and scrapped more times in car parks, there is one deep scratch on the car that we could not determine how anyone could manage to inflict. there are a number of dents caused by people opening there doors and hitting the car.

People these days just don't care about other people things. There was a thread on here a long while ago and someone commented that if they hit a expensive car in a car park they wouldn't car as the owner could afford to fix it. That just shows some peoples attitude towards other people belongings

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement