Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pay and Display parking spaces.. or not

Options
  • 04-05-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just a little question, what's the scéal if there's a pay and display area and it has the white paint along side where the sign is stating the hours etc, and it's boxed off, but then, there is a gap between the white box and some double yellows that's big enough to park in. Do you still need to pay and display in this area even though it's not within the box? So just imagine the below, the "" are the double yellows and the [___] is the white lines with the signpost in the middle on the path. Is the gap in between free?

[___________] . . """"""""""

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone know this? There's a spot like the above mentioned in a place I've been going a good bit lately so it'd save me a few bob ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

You only need to pay when you are parked in the white box as that's the P&D zone. Make sure your car isn't over the white line or yellow lines at all or they will fine you and by car I mean any part of it not just the wheels.
    Also make sure that if there's a white line in the middle of the road that it's a broken one as parking adjacent to continous white line constitutes an offence or if you park obstructively. Technically you cannot park 5 metres from a corner also so you might need to get the measuring tape out, it might be why that space isn't included in P&D zone...
    It'd be a good idea to take a picture incase it was towed away and they said it was over one of the lines. Good luck saving money!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cormie, if there's money to be saved, you're there!

"How many miles can I drive with the fuel level warning light on so I can save 2c a litre?" :D

Not your ornery onager

Damn straight esel, it's the outcome of starting a business when being flat broke and in debt, you kinda get obsessive about it, even when business is going well :D

Thanks for the info Keith, just hope my van isn't too long now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Is there a loading bay in the vicinity? You could park in that for free with the van?

• Advertisement

There is, but it's often occupied :o

Just another question. What's the stordy if one of the pay and display spots has double yellow lines? Is it just the line painters being too lazy to separate the spaces, or is it the council not getting rid of the double yellows or do they mean something? Is it ok to park there or not being the main thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I'd take a photo with your phone or camera before you head off.

Advertisement