Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spare microwave plate

Options
  • 03-02-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi, would any know where I could buy a microwave plate and roller ring in the Dublin 15 area? I’m looking for a plate with a diameter of 24.5cm.

Thanks in advance.:)

Microwave-Turntable-Replacement-Plate-Glass-3-Prongs-Round.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I broke my microwave plate years ago and just used a normal dinner plate in it (if you still have the roller that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭WEST

Somehow I managed to break the roller too. Good idea on the dinner plate though, somthing to remember for the next incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

just an idea - try electric goods shops who recycle used white goods. or even the coolmine recycling center.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Coolmine recycling center have a sign that you can’t take stuff from the yard, its covered in CCTV.

Best bet is a generic one online or try an official one online(that’s how I got replacement knobs for beko cooker)

http://spareparts.ie/shop/shop/Glass-Turntables.42?layout=grid

http://www.mastercare.ie/spares.php

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/search.pl?t=98363.0620220573&query=microwave+glass&x=0&y=0

Looking at some prices before adding postage, you’ll be nearly paying half the price of a new one for just the glass alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

WEST wrote: »
    Hi, would any know where I could buy a microwave plate and roller ring in the Dublin 15 area? I’m looking for a plate with a diameter of 24.5cm.

Thanks in advance.:)

Broke my Miele platter last week & got one off this crowd so might be worth a look http://www.buy-spares.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

jeffk wrote: »
    Looking at some prices before adding postage, you’ll be nearly paying half the price of a new one for just the glass alone

Yep, varies a lot by Make/Model though.

Another good site for spares and the like is 4ourhouse. I used them a couple of times and at the time their shipping costs were fixed rate for Ireland so I went round the house and found all the little bits and pieces that needed replacing and got them together including things I hadn't expected to be able to find a spare for like the little plastic trim that goes on the end of the glass shelf in our fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Codpeas wrote: »
    Yep, varies a lot by Make/Model though.

Another good site for spares and the like is 4ourhouse. I used them a couple of times and at the time their shipping costs were fixed rate for Ireland so I went round the house and found all the little bits and pieces that needed replacing and got them together including things I hadn't expected to be able to find a spare for like the little plastic trim that goes on the end of the glass shelf in our fridge.

Well worth shopping around - Miele quoted me €68 inc delivery & I eventually got a genuine one for €28 + €10 delivery - plenty of online sites but make sure you get the right one for your model as there seems to be quite a bit of variance in the fittings

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

dickwod1 wrote: »

Eh, it's a DOT IE website - go to the Contact Us page and you'll see:

www.buy-spares.ie
    Connect Distribution Services Ltd.
    Connect House
    Small Heath Business Park
    Talbot Way
    Birmingham
    B10 0HJ
    United Kingdom

Then go to the contact page for www.4ourhouse.co.uk and you'll see:

www.4ourhouse.co.uk
    Connect Distribution Services Ltd.
    Connect House
    Small Heath Business Park
    Talbot Way
    Birmingham
    B10 0HJ
    United Kingdom

There are only a couple of companies that are in the spares business in a big way - this crowd also run the official spares sites for a number of manufacturers - I discovered 4ourhouse when I bought something 'direct' from Flymo some years ago...

Had another experience with a DOT IE some years ago eurolenses.ie I think it was called - based in and shipped from USA. :rolleyes:

Thanks very much for the list of sites. Time to get shopping :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Am I imagining it or does power city have a skip where people bring their old stuff to be recycled if buying new? Check for microwaves in it.

Part of the WEE charge in the new purchase?

Such a pity that Coolmine won't let you take anything. What happened, reduce, recycle, REUSE and all that?? Health & Safety gone mad I guess. I still have a great vacuum cleaner my dad rescued from Coolmine.
    One mans rubbish is another mans in treasure...no says Fingal you can't have it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You might get one on freetrade

http://www.freetradeireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thanks very much for the list of sites. Time to get shopping :)

What brand is the Microwave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

amdublin wrote: »
    Such a pity that Coolmine won't let you take anything. What happened, reduce, recycle, REUSE and all that?? Health & Safety gone mad I guess. I still have a great vacuum cleaner my dad rescued from Coolmine.
    One mans rubbish is another mans in treasure...no says Fingal you can't have it.
    I saw a guy take a big flat screen TV from Coolmine, under the watch of the FCC guy in the WEEE area. You could quietly ask the guy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

amdublin wrote: »

Such a pity that Coolmine won't let you take anything. What happened, reduce, recycle, REUSE and all that?? Health & Safety gone mad I guess.

Electronics that have been dumped have a hugely higher chance of being faulty/dangerous - they've been chucked for a reason, someone is going to sue the council if they blow their gaff up on something they took from there with permission.

L1011 wrote: »
    Electronics that have been dumped have a hugely higher chance of being faulty/dangerous - they've been chucked for a reason, someone is going to sue the council if they blow their gaff up on something they took from there with permission.

Agree.

I wish they'd just turn a blind eye!

Although, most of the electronic stuff I've sent over there has been chucked just because I am finished with it - bought a new stainless steel fridge etc.

And also it is not just electronics, you can't take anything :mad:

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    What brand is the Microwave?

Hi Pat,

It's a Breville, model vmw150.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hi Pat,

It's a Breville, model vmw150.

You could try Kictchen Accesories Ltd www.kal.ie
    If I recall they were the importers of Breville products into Ireland and would be able to direct you to a spare parts source.

You can also get them through Amazon on the following link
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=breville+microwave+oven&tag=googiehydra-21&index=kitchen&hvadid=42346342144&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=642212367213480281&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_6r8vgis5xu_b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Hardware shop in roselawn has them, or if not in stock will order as they got me a shelf for my fridge.

Advertisement