Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

jive wrote: »
    Ugh. I'm tempted to retire from the gambling game due to bookies antics. Limited on Stan James and now any time I want to put a bet on with William Hill it refers me to a trader (haven't put a big bet on with them since that has happened but I can only guess it means I'll be limited ¬_¬). ..................

Bummer, just out of curiosity would Betfair not suit you.
    Coke vanilla was delicious I wish it never went away ;( I remember my first experience:

Vanilla Coke, forgot all about that, used to be about when I worked shifts in Dublin, must be 6 to 8 years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

RoverJames wrote: »
    Bummer, just out of curiosity would Betfair not suit you.

Yup I do most my betting on Betfair but I like to have the best of both worlds. I think it's just sad that the bookies don't let bet worthwhile amounts of money when you are winning / look like being profitable in the long term. It's somewhat brushed under the rug because it is a big problem but it's not really known by average Joe. I think if it were then people would reconsider gambling because it is effectively lose lose situation. You win and you can't bet, you lose and you can keep losing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

4 cans of that Dr Pepper left,gonna head to Walmart in the morning and stock up. The Walmart super stores are about the size of small town,no exaggeration.

Jive they can be awful annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Yup the bookies are a shower of *****!

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Jive they can be awful annoying.

The best part is I'm not even winning much. I think I'm just getting flagged because I'm always taking the best price going in the industry or something; anyone who bets regularly should do the same... although this limiting crap would be an obvious downside :pac:

• Advertisement

Effort of getting up to go to the gym.

**** it,gonna hit th gym cos IM PURE STRONG AND MUSCLEY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

:eek: Bastard!

Do they do vanilla coke over there?

Ever try Captain Morgan and Coke? It tastes ridiculously like Vanilla Coke.

Hmmm what to get from room service...

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ever try Captain Morgan and Coke? It tastes ridiculously like Vanilla Coke.

Stop it's almost the same only a bit more of a twang off it!! Picked up a shoulder of it today, went for 750 bottle for €15 but it was out so had to get 350 for €13 :( bad times.... but it'll be worth it :D

• Advertisement

Have a bit of a dilemma myself, not sure whether to bring Captain Morgan or Southern Comfort to Oxegen!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have a bit of a dilemma myself, not sure whether to bring Captain Morgan or Southern Comfort to Oxegen!

No glass into Oxegen so remember your plastic bottles ;)

No glass into Oxegen so remember your plastic bottles ;)

Will do! :D It's so close now, I'm actually so excited.:o

Will do! :D It's so close now, I'm actually so excited.:o

What's even closer is Monaghan -v- Shels tonight, top of the table clash, we go 7 points clear at the top if we manage to retain our 100% away record this season.:cool: C'mon the Reds!

Would top off a day where I've just found out I'm not being made redundant and I'm going to be working in the closest Xtravision to me!:D

Good to hear Gav.

State of Oxygen.

What's even closer is Monaghan -v- Shels tonight, top of the table clash, we go 7 points clear at the top if we manage to retain our 100% away record this season.:cool: C'mon the Reds!

Would top off a day where I've just found out I'm not being made redundant and I'm going to be working in the closest Xtravision to me!:D

I would say good luck, but I've decided against it. :P

That's good to hear though!
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    State of Oxygen.

I'll be too drunk to notice.:P

Captain Morgan (in plastic bottles) + a slab = winner :D

Word of advice Baz actually, what a couple of my mates done the last 2 years was bring enough drink to do them the first night, then one of the days get the free shuttle bus to Naas and there's always drink offers in the shops there.;)

Captain Morgan (in plastic bottles) + a slab = winner :D

Thinking of bringing in that much with me on the Thursday and then topping up in Naas on Friday or Saturday morning.
    Word of advice Baz actually, what a couple of my mates done the last 2 years was bring enough drink to do them the first night, then one of the days get the free shuttle bus to Naas and there's always drink offers in the shops there.;)

Yeah, this time yesterday I was planning on bringing in two slabs and a bottle of CM or SC. That's just not gonna work with the tent and bags and stuff.:pac: Will probably be going into Naas for food anyway so I'll get drink in there to add to the bit I bring in at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

...... your drinkin Bavaria 8 cans for €9 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Derek! wrote: »
    ...... your drinkin Bavaria 8 cans for €9 in the park :o

:eek::eek::eek:

Bavaria is a fine beverage!

It's actually a very nice drink for the price
    This could be the start of a beautiful friendship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Bavaria is a fine beverage!

I fully agree I added in the park in his post for the laugh tho thats why I put in the :eek: faces.I was only joking.

Derek! wrote: »
    It's actually a very nice drink for the price
    This could be the start of a beautiful friendship :D

Much nicer than its competitors!
    robbie1977 wrote: »
    I fully agree I added in the park in his post for the laugh tho thats why I put in the :eek: faces.I was only joking.

Haha, it's not the same to drink when you're inside.:pac:

Karpackie FTW. 8 cans for a tenner. Good strong stuff

Karpackie is rotten US. And you are getting fleeced with 8 cans for a 10r. :P

Might be rank for little girls.
    It puts hair on your chest.

And warts on your willy.

Goin up to buy more Bavaria now :D I know its after hours but my local sells it through the bar (thank fcuk)

• Advertisement

Probably pay through the nose for it. You can buy drink over here 24 hours I think,way to have it.
    Pharmacies sell beer,what a land.

Advertisement