Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Anyone had experience getting a student overdraft with gambling records on your statement? One of my mates said it could be an issue but im not so sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

only1stevo wrote: »
    Anyone had experience getting a student overdraft with gambling records on your statement? One of my mates said it could be an issue but im not so sure..

It's become a no-go tbh. Know a couple of lads recently looking overdrafts/ mortgages and it went against them unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Another reason its best to use a site like moneybookers. it's also quicker if you move money about different sites.
    PM if you'd like a referal code (not sure what it does)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

If I use Paypal to deposit funds onto PP then or bet365, what will show up on my bank statement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Mellor wrote: »
    Another reason its best to use a site like moneybookers. it's also quicker if you move money about different sites.
    PM if you'd like a referal code (not sure what it does)

you have been plugging it long enough that the cheques you get must be a clue.

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    If I use Paypal to deposit funds onto PP then or bet365, what will show up on my bank statement

obviously not. One has nothing to do with the other. You can deposit and withdraw into pp in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

obviously not. One has nothing to do with the other. You can deposit and withdraw into pp in the shops

Anytime I have used Paypal to pay for items on Ebay or whatever the name of the shop shows up on my statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Getting a kebab <3

ft9 wrote: »
    Anytime I have used Paypal to pay for items on Ebay or whatever the name of the shop shows up on my statement

by any chance did you pay DIRECTLY by credit card? therein lies the clue really.

Going for a poo <3

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just had a kebab from chargoal grill, feel sick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭thesandeman

No need to put above in aftertiming thread anyway.
    Its totally believable.

Darts tonight lads, im putting a big bet down on Gary Anderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Darts tonight lads, im putting a big bet down on Gary Anderson.
    Really;)

Perhaps you might post up this Big bet? :D

i will be having a bet myself,not sure of my selections yet though.

GL

Just had a kebab from chargoal grill, feel sick now.

That's because they're ****. Haven't been down to Gala in ages.

Really;)

Perhaps you might post up this Big bet? :D

i will be having a bet myself,not sure of my selections yet though.

GL

Im putting on in the bookies so wont be able to upload it here if i knew how to upload anyway.

Are you out tonight Jonjo??

No not tonight, recovering from the last few nights:)

4 girls schools grad mass tonight. Clunge galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

UrbanSea wrote: »
    4 girls schools grad mass tonight. Clunge galore.

You're some man!

• Advertisement

Phil Taylor 3 words go **** yourself:mad:, biggest bottler of all time, stinked like a fix to me, cost me over 1k:mad:

8 Bud for a tenner. There;s somethin on in the Radisson tonight,some club on about once a yyear. Can;t wait!!!!!!

Edit:I fail epically at spelling when beering.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Phil Taylor 3 words go **** yourself:mad:, biggest bottler of all time, stinked like a fix to me, cost me over 1k:mad:

I have heard it all now.15 times champion of the world and won over 150 pro tournaments but he is a bottler, somehow that doesn't add up.

What happened?

Sorry to hear Jonjo.

Somethings not right

Somethings not right

How do you mean?

How do you mean?

Plays well all season and then loses in such a manner and laughs about the stage like its a big joke and doesn't mean anything. Fuc***g ridiculous, cost me an absolute fortune tonight and had him in as my banker bet of the accum. Fuming.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Lads if ye can afford to put a grand on a darts player or a fortune on an accumalator then ye wont mind losing it.
    I presume thats about 5% of the bank?
    I wish I could place bets like that.

• Advertisement

Lads if ye can afford to put a grand on a darts player or a fortune on an accumalator then ye wont mind losing it.
    I presume thats about 5% of the bank?
    I wish I could place bets like that.

Doesn't mean we have to be happy about losing it tho. No grand involved tho? Its all part of the buzz, taking the wins with the loses (plus a bit of giving out when things go wrong).:o

Advertisement