Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Palladio Composite Door suppliers

Options
  • 23-11-2015 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

(Copied this over from the DIY section, as it seems more relevant here. :) )

Hey, just looking for a few suggestions, if any of you have and experience with Palladio Doors.

I'm looking to buy one and fit it myself but I've either been given extortionate quotes or no reply at all. I got a quote of €2700 with a small window above the door and that doesn't include fitting or any extras.

I'm in Dublin but open to shopping around within reason, or shipping it.
    Anyone on here bought one to fit themselves? Any idea on a general price?

PS, I searched but all the relevant threads are very old.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Haven't fitted myself but bought one earlier in the year. Fan Window above door + 2 half height side windows. Cost 2.3K all in.

I considered fitting it myself as I'm handy enough and would take the time to do a good job. But I decided against and I'm happy with that decision.

There were 3 guys doing my one and they worked from 8.30 to 5.30 and they were not messing around. I was there the whole time. So if you need to do it in one day you might have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

hesker wrote:
    Haven't fitted myself but bought one earlier in the year. Fan Window above door + 2 half height side windows. Cost 2.3K all in.

Could you pm where you got the door.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

hesker wrote: »

I considered fitting it myself as I'm handy enough and would take the time to do a good job. But I decided against and I'm happy with that decision.

There were 3 guys doing my one and they worked from 8.30 to 5.30 and they were not messing around. I was there the whole time. So if you need to do it in one day you might have a problem.

Seems like a good price, If you could send me a link too that'd be great. :)

Advertisement