Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Was in the fine British countryside today. Terrific day weather wise here. The country air and silence is just glorious, so wish I could live out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

it is so hard to manage the mood swings.. it just goes and comes so quickly, one hour i feel ok and relatively well, next hour i feel as if on the verge of tears.. wth???.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Ok, I'm really rather stressed out. Site meeting today, wasn't the worst ever, but they're all looking to me for information fast because it's progressing and my predecessor didn't finish the design or drawings, and I've only started this week so I'm not really up to speed on the project at all -which they're okay with, they get that I've just started - but they still need the info quickly... and now I've other people looking for stuff that they need because they're being sued and oh GOD I could do with not being in today.

Sounds like there putting too much on you scrim. You only started this week so seems not fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Yeah, I know you worked there before and all Scrim, but still it takes a while to get back into the swing of things. Could you have a chat with your supervisor about the workload maybe?

I downloaded an app called Pacifica yesterday - it's great. http://www.thinkpacifica.com/ It has breathing exercises, a mood tracker and loads of other cool stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I can't understand why my mood drops so much in the evening. Thought it was meant to be morning made mood worse.

I've to phone the psychiatrist tomorrow and give over abusers name. Poop. At least I'll be on my own in the office. Have a meeting tomorrow as well. I think I'm looking forward to talking to the psychiatrist tomorrow tbh.

For me my mood can drop in the evenings due to boredom and loneliness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Yeah, I know you worked there before and all Scrim, but still it takes a while to get back into the swing of things. Could you have a chat with your supervisor about the workload maybe?

I downloaded an app called Pacifica yesterday - it's great. http://www.thinkpacifica.com/ It has breathing exercises, a mood tracker and loads of other cool stuff.

Yeah, it's been okay getting back into it. It's just that I'm on my own for a few days (last time I worked there there were 3 of us, now it's 2 of us!) so I was just getting a bit overpressured from basically running a firm by myself especially when I'm getting phonecalls from people with stuff going wrong needing solutions ASAP.

In the end I replied to all my emails as quickly as I could, told them all I'd be in the office but I was VERY backlogged on work and would get back to them as soon as I could. Then I shut down my computer and ran out of the office 10 minutes early so that not ANOTHER person would call with problems :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

fr336 wrote: »
    Was in the fine British countryside today. Terrific day weather wise here. The country air and silence is just glorious, so wish I could live out there.

Cant beat a walk in the natural world to ground you. I find it helps me to gain some perspective especially when my thoughts are going a hundred miles an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ok as this thread has reached more than 10000 posts I have to close it and start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement