Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V PC - April 14th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Red wrote: »
    Hey guys, so would it be safe to pre purchase this if there are some good bonuses? Cant foresee a lot of issues considering the time they have to perfect it from the console versions...
    Who are offering what where? Haven't pre-ordered it yet, as I'm going to see if any of the shops (on/offline) offer bonuses, like what happened for BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

G2play have it for 57 no mention of bonuses. When the game was announced it was 33 for pre order.

Anywhere else have it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is GTA V still out on the 27th of Jan?

Its a pity we PC players get no bonus stuff or collectors edition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm kind of surprised that yesterday (3 weeks to launch) didn't bring any information on specs or editions or any other such news from R* on the game.

Getting that sinking feeling that this one is going to be held back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Headshot wrote: »
    Is GTA V still out on the 27th of Jan?

Its a pity we PC players get no bonus stuff or collectors edition

Yeah looking like a delay but who knows till rockstar overlords give an update.

I think ye master racers get some video editing feature.

• Advertisement

I'm not even sure that I'd get the PC version, having it on previous and current gen consoles already, but I do want to see what's new and shiny in it :)

Could be a steam summer sale purchase for me, assuming my laptop could handle it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Need to upgrade my GPU anyways so I don't mind if there's not much of a delay, I've waited this fackin' long and I've still yet to play it.

Rockstar have denied that its delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They don't need to hype it anymore, they've made their money on the consoles and the PC market is just scraps to them.

I haven't played one second of V yet, I've been saving myself.

Certainly no need to hype it SL, I saw yesterday that they have topped 40 million units sold worldwide. That's madness altogether :)

Would be nice to know expected minimum specs beforehand though. Any plans for digital distribution? I can only see the disc version on amazon UK. There's a placeholder on steam, but not allowed to pre-order yet. A little R* produced video on the newswire / youtube about what to expect. But there's nothing. 18 days to launch!

Damn it, why am I getting worked up about a game I own 3 times over? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll buy it, but might wait a month of two and get it a bit cheaper. Already cleared in on the PS3, so it's definitely not top of my must have games.

No matter how the launch goes, the PC version will keep it alive for years through the community alone. GTA IV still gets new mods that get noticed like the recent Watchdog mod.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I haven't played one second of V yet, I've been saving myself.
    Played it briefly on a PS3. The graphics reminded me of playing Vice City on a PS3 :P

Didn't like it. Prefer a mouse when shooting people. None of this bullsh!t auto-aim thing that you need otherwise you die when using a controller! ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

the_syco wrote: »
    Didn't like it. Prefer a mouse when shooting people. None of this bullsh!t auto-aim thing that you need otherwise you die when using a controller! ^.^
    The good thing about the last GTA was that it automatically switched everything to suit whatever controller you were using. The keyboard kind of sucks for driving, the only benefit being able to look around easier. I can't do shooting with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Graphics on PS3 were pretty decent for the hardware in it.

Just hope V is optimised for PC unlike 4.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Just hope V is optimised for PC unlike 4.
    And that Rockstar gives an SDK or something to ATI & nVidia, so drivers are good to go, and not like GTA 4!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Having dipped into V over the past few days, my one and only hope for the PC version is that I can mod in permanent invincibility as opposed to the frustrating as hell 5 minute crap... :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can see mods being totally locked out of this because of the online element.

Unless you have a separate instance which will break the smoothness of being able to drop in and out via the d-pad on the consoles.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well fuck.

Pushed back to Marck 24th.

Triple monitor support pleases me though.

Specs list:
    Minimum specifications:
    OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
    HDD Space: 65GB
    DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
    OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
    Memory: 8GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
    DVD Drive

The ****ers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That's the day my final year project is due... So I'm rather happy about the delay. :P

As I've said before, I always rather see a company delay something than release it broken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's pretty stupid of Rockstar to deny there's any delay a week ago, and announce a 2 month delay today. If it makes the game bug free (or at least not a total buggy mess), than i guess it's work it.

Fairly hefty minimum specs as well, though that's not surprising. Plus, 65gb install :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MOD: Changed thread title to show new release date.

Full article for those who might not be able to access R* website:

actual_1421160612.jpg
    As we head into 2015, we would like to share the first screens and system specs of Grand Theft Auto V for PC as well as a new release date of March 24, 2015.
    Our apologies for the slight shift in the date but the game requires a few extra weeks of testing and polish to make it as good as can be. Moving a release date is never a decision we take lightly and is a choice we make only when we know it is in the best interests of the game and our fans. Thanks everyone for your understanding and we assure you these few extra weeks will be worth it when the game does arrive in March.
    GTA Online for PC, which will support up to 30 players, will launch alongside GTAV for PC and will include GTA Online Heists. Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch.
    Click on each new screenshot to see them in full 4K resolution, and read on for the game's official system specifications and additional info.
    actual_1421160666.jpg
    GTAV for PC pushes Los Santos and Blaine County to even greater levels of detail, running at 1080p and 60fps with up to 4K resolution and support for up to triple monitor configurations, as well as NVidia 3D Vision for up to triple monitor setups.
    actual_1421160680.jpg
    GTAV for PC also includes the new Rockstar Editor, which gives players a full suite of editing tools to create and publish gameplay clips direct to both Social Club and YouTube.
    actual_1421160708.jpg
    actual_1421160728.jpg
    actual_1421160749.jpg
    Below, check out official minimum and recommended specs and stay tuned for more information on GTAV for PC in the coming weeks.
    Minimum specifications:
    OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
    DVD Drive
    Recommended specifications:
    OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
    Memory: 8GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
    DVD Drive
    Over time, downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer and www.rockstargames.com/support for current compatibility information. Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher.

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX , Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

I figured since they hadn't released the requirements yet that it would be delayed, was cutting too tight to the release of the game.

I don't mind, I need to upgrade my GPU anyways so at least I can save up now and will be well ready for the game then :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That's the day my final year project is due... So I'm rather happy about the delay. :P

As I've said before, I always rather see a company delay something than release it broken.
    It'll be broken anyway. It's broken at the moment on the consoles.

I suppose at least I'll have a larger SSD by then that will fit GTA5, BF4, H&G and ARMA3 on it... but I'd still prefer having it on the 27th!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As a PC gamer for many years (Railroad Tycoon anyone?), I have in recent times had less space for playing. This means that I look for and stick with a solid game that is worth playing. My last PC build was for BF3 and before that I spent a few years of massive Company of Heroes enjoyment. The next title in this line will (hopefully) be GTA V, so I have fingers crossed they do a good job on it. I remember buying a PS2 just for GTA San Andreas as the PC release took so long, but it only showed I should have stuck to mouse and keyboard.

Regarding specs, would anybody like to pass comment on what I have CPU/GPU wise versus the specs? Whilst I know what mine is capable of, I wouldn't be too sure of comparisons, but looking at PassMark benchmarks, I think I should be okay. I will be playing on a single 22" screen and I'd be hoping for a res. of 1600 x 900.

Processor
    Min:Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
    Rec:Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
    Me:Intel Core i5-2500K, LGA1155, 3.30mhz (I have OC'd a tad when needed, but currently at stock values)

Graphics
    Min:NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
    Rec:NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
    Me:Sapphire HD6870 1G (Again, have OC'd when needed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Rockstar always seem to be extremely worried about PC pirates lowering console sales. I'd say the console versions must still be selling reasonably well if they are pushing the date back. Don't expect this new date to improve the quality of the port.

delly, maybe this site will help you and others check their spec vs min and rec requirements.
    I tried it myself and it worked fine. Needs Java to run or an applet of some sort if you have no Java.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

marcbrophy wrote: »
    delly, maybe this site will help you and others check their spec vs min and rec requirements.
    I tried it myself and it worked fine. Needs Java to run or an applet of some sort if you have no Java.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Cool, i'll feed it through and see what it says.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

delly wrote: »
    Cool, i'll feed it through and see what it says.

How optimised the port is will be the main factor that determines how it will run on your PC .

Advertisement