Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

This is so awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The blimp company sets it down at the closest available place, which for me when I called them, was at the airport.

Where do you get the number for the blimp it's not showing up for me in the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

spider_pig wrote: »
    Where do you get the number for the blimp it's not showing up for me in the phone

Should be a contact as soon as you install the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I went home, and found out it wasn't home anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Jesus this game is epic, did a story mission, went fro a short walk down the street killed my first pedestrian with my fists, picked up a hooker, did the works and got my 80 dollars back, realised i was smack bang outside a strip club and blew the lot (epic for me)...Think i had about 300 dollars...Did another mission, drove around for a bit, found grove street and now ive taken a ride into the country...Those boys are tough!!!

All this and 4 hours is gone already haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone ride the rollercoaster at the beach yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Flying might take me a while to get used to. Got to know a few bridges too well if you know what I mean :(

I went home, and found out it wasn't home anymore :(
    Me too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've been playing 2 hours and have already died 8 times.

First four were random countryside explosions involving me going downhill WAYYYY too fast. The other 4 whilst trying to rob a plane.

So on the 4th time lucky, I got the plane :D Flew up north, entered some kind of restricted airspace, rocketlauncher, bang, dead again :(

Right ive just pulled up to admire the sunset in the great outdoors in my off road pick up, this game is beautiful...My cameras coming out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Only got to play for 2 hours but, man, the map feels fcuking huge!! Some of the dialogue is hilarious and already the few of missions I did are already more varied than GTA4.

At the moment the only let down for me is the dumbing down of the driving physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is there clothes shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

At the moment the only let down for me is the dumbing down of the driving physics.

Dumbing down is an understatement...

5 hours in and it's an absolute joke. Hold accelerate + occasionally turn = reach destination. They took the learing curve away completely.

Gonna hop on it for an epic session today, but it's a disappointment to the degree I'm thinking about offloading the game at the weekend (doesn't help that it has the weakest soundtrack of the series so far to boot... ).

I went to the pier and just stood there watching the sun go down, its amazing looking. The missions are great so far, loved the Michael one with the Lethal Weapon 2 reference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Is there any way of making the text bigger. Can barely read the stuff

Dumbing down is an understatement...

5 hours in and it's an absolute joke. Hold accelerate + occasionally turn = reach destination. They took the learing curve away completely.

Gonna hop on it for an epic session today, but it's a disappointment to the degree I'm thinking about offloading the game at the weekend (doesn't help that it has the weakest soundtrack of the series so far to boot... ).

Exactly how it should be tbh, I actually want to drive instead of just getting cabs everywhere like in IV, it's not a driving simulator

The text is tiny alright, I'm playing it on a big tv but if I was playing this in my room on my 21" tv I'd barely be able to read it, and the aiming reticule is tiny. I get that Rockstar wanted to keep the UI as uncluttered as possible but there's uncluttered and almost non existent. One of the only complaints I have so far tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Should be a contact as soon as you install the DLC.

Had you any trouble installing the DLC it keeps sayin my code was invalid

Did a google search other people are having the same issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

krudler wrote: »
    Exactly how it should be tbh, I actually want to drive instead of just getting cabs everywhere like in IV, it's not a driving simulator

The text is tiny alright, I'm playing it on a big tv but if I was playing this in my room on my 21" tv I'd barely be able to read it, and the aiming reticule is tiny. I get that Rockstar wanted to keep the UI as uncluttered as possible but there's uncluttered and almost non existent. One of the only complaints I have so far tbh.

That renders the game barely interactive! For a game where you spend the majority of your time driving, there needs to be more depth to the controls than that.

Agree about the text and UI... it was the same for RDR and Max Payne. R* must test this stuff on 55" inch TVs that they're sat 3 feet away from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Eh they lied to us about 'interiors' so many things are not accessible, but I'm feeling it, normally I get a bit of a low at the start as they fail to live up the the hopes but this is good. Seems very big I can't seem to get out of the local area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Got it today from GamesNash (Cheers Pat!)

Driving is a bit mehh, I prefered IV.

One thing I'm kinda disapoonted with is we can't hook trailers up to the tractors?

Got it today from GamesNash (Cheers Pat!)

Driving is a bit mehh, I prefered IV.

One thing I'm kinda disapoonted with is we can't hook trailers up to the tractors?

ypu can with trucks alright, havent tried it with a tractor yet

got my first 4 star wanted level there, I really recommend it, if you hold down circle on ps3 and there's a chopper chasing you then you get a really cool cinematic angle. I like that they've included music aside from the radio in the chase scenes and missions now as well, I prefer that stuff tbh I usually have the radio off.

How are people finding the multiple character thing? I quite like it, I tend to do one mission each then dick around a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The police are tough bastards! Haven't managed to escape anything above 2 stars. They are really clever in the car chases, trying to box you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Oh man this game is amazing. :D

Random security van robbery with cross country police chase (3 star) ftw. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The police are tough bastards! Haven't managed to escape anything above 2 stars. They are really clever in the car chases, trying to box you in.

You need to hide or change cars. Or both. I just lost 3 stars but it involved hiding behind a warehouse. A couple of times I thought I'd lost them only for the swines to find me.

On the driving issue I've my opinion on it but the fact is that the vast majority of people seemed to want a very easy driving game with none of the weight or learning curve of IV and that is what Rockstar have delivered. I think it's shame but there's more than enough other things to take joy in that I'm not going to let that put me off.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

I like that, it isn't just a case of find an open bit of road and floor it, you need to hide, change vehicles etc, it's way more challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Cops are great craic....jet ski's are pretty cool to :)

Driving takes a bit to get use to but is good after that. Shooting is better than GTA 4.

Oh a comet isn't the best vehicle to drop off a mountain :P

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Just robbed some poor dudes bike on the middle of a mountain when he stopped to take a break, cycled along until I spotted some sort of rabid animal, gave it a boot up the arse and then ended up on hospital. Haven't even started the first mission yet with Simeone.

Didnt getting in a plane used to give you a parchute automatically? doesn't now, hilarity to be had from diving out though you fall realistically and scream the whole way down :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

This game is crazy, batshít crazy... I love it

Advertisement