Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do you make of this?

Options
  • 12-02-2011 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

A Formula 1 Driver had an accident earlier this week and has undergone surgery on his hand,arm and leg...he's not dying or anything. but when i read the following on the bbc website i was amused to sat the least.

Polish church leaders hope that a drop of blood belonging to the late Pope John Paul II may help Robert Kubica return to Formula 1 before the end of the season.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Firstly, I think Church Leaders are generally crazy old fools.

Secondly, I believe they're secretly trying to clone JP2.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

Firstly, I think Church Leaders are generally crazy old fools.

Thirdly, they seem to have a stake in F1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

They must really be short of donors in Italy if they're using six year old blood in A&E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Doesn't blood have a shelf life of 90 days anyway?

Maybe that's just us regular plebs. Magk pop blood must be like honey or something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Polish church leaders hope that a drop of blood belonging to the late Pope John Paul II may help Robert Kubica return to Formula 1 before the end of the season.
    So it's OK for the last pope to donate body parts, but not the current one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dcmraad

A Formula 1 Driver had an accident earlier this week and has undergone surgery on his hand,arm and leg...he's not dying or anything. but when i read the following on the bbc website i was amused to sat the least.

Sounds like poland is where we were in the 1980's.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

robindch wrote: »
    So it's OK for the last pope to donate body parts, but not the current one?

The church will probably harvest him out to sports stars and Mel Gibson like the last pope.

Either that or hang on for a bit while he appreciates in value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Will he be JP11a or JPIII ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Every time I hear a story about this, I think of the prohibition of idolatry Christianity professes to but which Christians routinely circumvent by relabling what they worship.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

recedite wrote: »
    Will he be JP11a or JPIII ?
    JP 2.1

You may need to restart your machine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a sci-fi/horror crossover story there.
    JPII IS BACK, AND HE'S PISSED

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

there's a sci-fi/horror crossover story there.
    JPII IS BACK, AND HE'S PISSED
    Sweet Zombie Jesus!

Advertisement