Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone/iPod connection Mazda 6

Options
  • 25-10-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for some advice here. I'm looking for a device to connect my iPhone to my 2003 mazda 6. I've seen a few that connect through the cd slot but they will not charge the iphone. There are also FM transmitters out there I know, but what I'm looking for is a direct connection that will also charge.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 drs1

hi i know mazda do there own one but think its quite expensie to be honest
    parrot (who make the bluetooth car kits) have a kit thats a full bluetooth car kit and a direct ipod kit not fm quality but proper aux quality, a little expensive i think about 250-270 but a seriously decent job also has a usb input!

model no : parrot mk9200

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Thanks drs, i'll check it out, let u know how i get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Dension probably do one to suit your car

have a look here http://ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

drs1 wrote: »
    hi i know mazda do there own one but think its quite expensie to be honest
    parrot (who make the bluetooth car kits) have a kit thats a full bluetooth car kit and a direct ipod kit not fm quality but proper aux quality, a little expensive i think about 250-270 but a seriously decent job also has a usb input!

model no : parrot mk9200

+1

I have the mki 9200 in my car. Savage piece of kit. You also get full control from the remove and the screen looks just like your ipods. Well worth the money. Cant remember exactly but i think i paid about 250 fitted

Thanks, lookin into it. Maybe worth the investment as I spend about 12 hours per week in the car ( trying to justify it here )!:D

Any word on where i can get one fitted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 timekeeper

i actually had a parrot kit installed by a guy who came highly recommened on here by a few regulars off boards.ie
    i didnt get the same kit as the one above with ipod control just a standard bluetooth but im sure he can get it being a parrot agent.
    i found him very knowledgeable and very tidy at what he does.
    he covers the dublin area as far as i know, so maybe worth giving him a call.
    his name is dave robinson and his number is 087-6343208
    (you can mention clive with the bmw m3 if you like)
    hope this helps.
    c.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fitting an ipod to a Mazda6 came up on Boards last year. here is the thread may be of some help.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Fitting an ipod to a Mazda6 came up on Boards last year. here is the thread may be of some help.

Cheers, found a half decent looking yoke mentioned on the thread in Halfords for €80, think they'll fit it as well.:)

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I got an FM tranmsitter with cradle that plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges it. It cost €99 in either Dixons or Currys and came with attachments for any iPod. There's a small flexible arm on it so you can maneuver it around so that it fits comfortably and doesn't intude on anything else. And it fits quite conveniently in my Mazda 6. I have the arm pointing to the left of the cigarette lighter so that it doesn't get in the way of the gearstick but is still well within reach. And the transmitter is good quality. As far as I'm concerned, it was money well spent.

Advertisement