Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maple Leafs terrible start

• 17-10-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

As a Leafs fan it is shocking to see how the team has played so far this season. They are just awful. Sooner or later Ron Wilson is going to get the sack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Linus67 wrote: »
    As a Leafs fan it is shocking to see how the team has played so far this season. They are just awful. Sooner or later Ron Wilson is going to get the sack.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. C'est la vie. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I wouldn't blame Wilson with the team that he is forced to deal with.

Brian Burke would have more blame to face at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Can't see Wilson getting fired,something has to be changed though.Maybe when Kessel finally hits the ice things will improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Linus67

I wouldn't blame Wilson with the team that he is forced to deal with.

Brian Burke would have more blame to face at this point.

I agree with you up to a point. Maybe it would be better if the two of them left.

On another matter; I honestly can't understand why they traded Tucker last season. He was the only Leaf with some fighting spirit and he always gave it his all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

The problems run much deeper than coach or GM. They have gone through numerous GM's and coaches. yet the team really isn't showing any future.

They need to revamp the whole scouting system and player development in order to bring in guys that can actually play at the NHL level.

• Advertisement

They need to revamp the whole scouting system and player development in order to bring in guys that can actually play at the NHL level.

You hit the nail on the head with this comment. The problem is that you are not allowed time to rebuild in Toronto.

As a Blackhawks fan, it took us a very long time to figure this out under the 'old' regime. It took the better part of a decade for everything to start to come together.

I grew up there. I had seasons tickets in the 77/78 and 78/79 seasons. We were desperate for a Stanley Cup and felt that we were ohh, so close.

That team had been building since 72 when Sittler, Salming and Hammarstrom came aboard.

Then Harold screwed it all up. Now Leaf Fans want that cup and can't be patient.

Another defeat last night.Shame cause they made a good start to that game.Here's hoping they fare better on Monday.

I saw the third period. The Leafs deserved better.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

Gradual improvement over the past week. Deserved more than the two overtime loses on Wednesday and Friday, Miller was the reason they lost to the Sabres last night! Hopefully as a Leafs fan, they'll get the breaks they havent been getting tonight!!!

• Advertisement

Kaberle NHL #1 Star of the week - two goals and ten assists

Kessell made his debut for the Leafs (Leaves) last night.

10 shots and a -1 in his first game ....also got his clocked cleaned when skating with his head down. Had to be taken down the tunnel for some quick repairs and straight back out on the ice.

It's great that Kessell has finally made his debut. Now the Leafs might actually do something.

Another defeat to the Sens this time.Thought the Leafs deserved at least a point in this one.3-11-5 now

Didn't get to see that one.Gotta feel for the Leafs and the fans.Rock bottom again? Can't even tank it.Surely they have to try something soon.Bruins fans gotta be loving this.

Bruins fans gotta be loving this.

The entire NHL is enjoying this.

Leafs win in a shootout :) Something to build on hopefully!

Yes. Let's hope. I think that is all any Leafs fan can do at this stage.

Here is an interesting column that Mike Milbury wrote about the Leafs.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/11/leafs_woes_make_for_gm_headach.html

Yes. Let's hope. I think that is all any Leafs fan can do at this stage.

Here is an interesting column that Mike Milbury wrote about the Leafs.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/11/leafs_woes_make_for_gm_headach.html

Wow...doesn't make for pleasant reading!

• Advertisement

Having watched all but 2 of the Leafs games this season, i feel they are lacking that "star" player that so many teams seem to have. When Sundin was in Toronto he could change a game the way Ovechkin, Crosby etc can. Since he left, the Leafs haven't replaced him. They are a team of "good" players who work hard every minute on the ice, but the hard work hasn't turned into results.
    The lack of a Captain is surely another problem, no one to lead the team on when they need inspiration. Who do they turn to?
    As a fan, its hard to watch but i watch in hope. Kessel is only 22 and has many good years ahead of him, Schenn will hopefully find form again and is another one for the future, but i really feel we need to get that one "star" name to turn things around!

Yeah lack of a captain is a point.Would love to see them get the star player but seriously i don't know how this could happen.They have very very little to trade and are close to the cap,even if the did have players to trade would any "star player" seriously want to go there?

Having said all that i'd love to see them get Savard,think in the end he'll resign with the Bruins.

61 shots on goal last night and only get one point :mad:

How frustrating was last nights game! Fair play to Roloson cos he stole it!

19 scouts at the game too, not looking too promising!

Leafs on a winning streak! Lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

We're looking better now, much better. Good to see. :D

A cry goes through out the land: BREAK UP THE LEAFS!!!!!!!

Considering their start, they are not in a bad situation at the moment. It is not even halfway into the season.

There is hope for the Laffs yet.

Advertisement