Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2012, 14:13   #1
BengaLover

Checking UPS price

Got an item off ebay and paid 35 dollars postage - the items value was 89 dollars and the seller shipped it normal post, with a declared customs value of 4.95.
Just trying to find out how much the seller would have actually paid for shipping out of curiosity, but the UPS website isnt very user friendly -I cant seem to get a quote at all. the item weighed only 2lbs, and can anyone tell me how I can find out - without trying the UPS website. Would other postal services be roughly same?
Advertisement
15-03-2012, 16:58   #2
Vuzuggu

Was it sent courier by UPS or just the American Postal Service USPS? Both have a online calculator thats easy to use.

A 2 pound packet from US to Ireland by Priority mail is $36. Depends if they use a fixed rate box or not.
15-03-2012, 18:32   #3
BengaLover

Standard post not courier, website wouldnt give me any info so your reply was helpful thanks.
21-03-2012, 20:03   #4
mysteries1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaLover View Post
Standard post not courier, website wouldnt give me any info so your reply was helpful thanks.
If it's standard courier then do you mean USPS, US Postal Service? That's standard post. UPS is United Parcel Service and is a courier. Both have online calculators...

USPS:
http://ircalc.usps.com/

UPS: https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/requestW...1.html_pnl_ctc
21-03-2012, 21:35   #5
BengaLover

Yes I know, but none were useful and didnt give me a cost, think having no postal code can make these websites non responsive sometimes.
Advertisement
22-03-2012, 13:07   #6
mysteries1984

Quote:
Yes I know, but none were useful and didnt give me a cost, think having no postal code can make these websites non responsive sometimes.
I've managed to get costs on both sites using the zip code sent from and Dublin as the locality/area.
22-03-2012, 13:22   #7
snubbleste

Quote:
Got an item off ebay and paid 35 dollars postage - the items value was 89 dollars and the seller shipped it normal post, with a declared customs value of 4.95.
Maybe you should contact Customs and let them know that the package value declaration was false and that you may be liable for Vat?

I also had no problem using the usps.com site

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion