Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Botulism wrote: »
    What do the emeralds fo?

There like a new currency system where you can trade them with testificates.

You mine them like any other ore (though there as rare as diamonds)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

My good ol' laptop eventually packed in today. :( I got a few more weeks than I thought, it was going the last couple of months. So I'll probably only be on the server rarely now till I'm able to get a new PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

I posted a while you didn't see it could I be whitelisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Could you whitelist AlisonBaBaH please...

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

leemurta wrote: »

Id say for handiness sake put your ign back up, the odd request slips through the cracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Any chance of a few beds or wool in a chest for people who join for the first time? Impossible to find any without wandering for ever.

Also just curious as to when the map will be resetting again?

Resetting? Better not happen for a good while... Still loads of open space for new people.. Why does everybody have to build around spawn?

Expand people :P

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Any chance of a few beds or wool in a chest for people who join for the first time? Impossible to find any without wandering for ever.

We have had bad experiences with giving free beds to new guys. Remember Andymadden. But that is tar-ing everyone with the same brush.

Its a survival server, personally I don't see much point in giving out free beds at the start. As for finding sheep, some are bound to have re spawned in the wild by now. And surely you could just collect a few resources, sell them to a shop and then buy wool from another. I know there's many wool dealers in the spawn.
    Mak_United wrote: »
    Resetting? Better not happen for a good while... Still loads of open space for new people.. Why does everybody have to build around spawn?

Expand people :P

Your not to far away yourself Mak! but true blobbing of the spawn town is a bit of an issue, this spawn especially as its on a hill and confusing enough.

Seeing as the map was reset only a few months back I don't think it will be reset for a while. Although Dec said that the next reset would be likely to coincide with the next big update.

Hopefully it will be Factions too :cool:

ye I was talking to Dec about the map restarting and he says they do it every major update with the last being the jungle update.

1.3 should be out soon but i dunno whats going to happen with the map. Emerald ore, desert villages/temple and jungle ruins won't be there until the map is reset.

As for giving out resources at spawn when people first join. I don't think thats a good idea. Get friendly with people and maybe they'll give you stuff :pac:

BTW who is Andymadden :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

> Emerald ore, desert villages/temple and jungle ruins won't be there until the map is reset.

None of those would be important enough IMHO to justify a map reset. They are just decoration really. Some new mechanics would be cool though.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    > Emerald ore, desert villages/temple and jungle ruins won't be there until the map is reset.

None of those would be important enough IMHO to justify a map reset. They are just decoration really. Some new mechanics would be cool though.

Ye exactly, i mean the jungle biome was huge. I don't really care about those temples, in smp they'd be raided in a heartbeat. The emerald ore would be great to have though , on mp it could be treated like a currency

You never know though there could be a good reason to reset the map for 1.3 :pac:

The fact that sp maps can become mp by inviting others to join your game will possible be the big addition though wouldn't have much of an impact on our mp server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Farcheal wrote: »
    We have had bad experiences with giving free beds to new guys. Remember Andymadden. But that is tar-ing everyone with the same brush.

Its a survival server, personally I don't see much point in giving out free beds at the start. As for finding sheep, some are bound to have re spawned in the wild by now. And surely you could just collect a few resources, sell them to a shop and then buy wool from another. I know there's many wool dealers in the spawn.

You make a good point. I was just feeling lazy I guess. Nope, I dont remember andymadden, whatever he did. Also, Ive played this server on and off a good few times but I never did learn how to sell and buy from shops. I usually go in and its just full of locked chests.

Also, the reason I asked about server resetting is because thats one thing that greatly throws me off playing here. The last two times I spent a lot of time mining and creating big cool things, and just when Im happy with what Ive done, bam server reset and everything gone. (I know you can get it back on single player).

Nope, I dont remember andymadden, whatever he did.

Me and Andy(different on, Jinbrakdi) went to help him and Andy gave him a bed.

next thing you know, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78548963

make sure to read to the bottom.

Not to say that giving a new guy a bed makes them a griefer its just that it can be a hassle and surely they should have started on a house before they get a bed given to them. In single player you don't get wool handed to you so I don't believe it should be institutionalised in SMP.
    I am in favor of nuking the town which identifies as "The Spurs" :pac::pac:

Hey! screw you cnc! :P

Nice big building you have there, shame if it was terrorist attacked.

Farcheal wrote: »
    Hey! screw you cnc! :P

Nice big building you have there, shame if it was terrorist attacked.

Instantly thought of this :pac:

150186_358984810823443_176890359032890_882617_1131141352_n.jpg

No that you mention it , cnc's building does look like a WTC tower :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dpahealy

Could I be whitelisted please.

Name: dpa

Thanks

Kenno90 wrote: »
    No that you mention it , cnc's building does look like a WTC tower :eek:

Its a banking conspiracy!!!

First step to a new Mine n' co order!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Mak_United wrote: »
    Could you whitelist AlisonBaBaH please...
    leemurta wrote: »

dpahealy wrote: »
    Could I be whitelisted please.

Name: dpa

Thanks

All added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Used the sparse amount of diamonds I have a few days ago for a pickaxe to get some obsidian. got it and was extra careful about it. On my way back, while my experience was at quite a high level, for the first time in a loooong time, fell in lava...lost everything:(

Haven't logged back in since. Anyone else ever take a major break from mc when they know that when they log back in you'll be standing at your bed with only your lad in your hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anychance of the white list again?

nick: sausageandeggs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

BX 19 wrote: »
    Anychance of the white list again?

nick: sausageandeggs

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

deconduo wrote: »
    Added

Thank you good sir.

21368777.jpg

Find myself wondering this a lot these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Whitelist TheBegotten sometime please......and don't be too suprised if I complain about lack of modifications/resources

You mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Whitelist TheBegotten sometime please......and don't be too suprised if I complain about lack of modifications/resources
    Added.

Also, I most certainly am not.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Complaining!

I got no help from Mojang, I'm doomed :(

If you Press F3 and head to x : 1320 y : 570 about 3 minutes north of spawn, and take the Skyrail™ you'll find food and beds and Iron tools for all new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Could someone whitelist me please?

Username: Morbert

Ponster wrote: »
    If you Press F3 and head to x : 1320 y : 570 about 3 minutes north of spawn, and take the Skyrail™ you'll find food and beds and Iron tools for all new players.

Trade marked is it? :P

• Advertisement

Got my slime farm finished this morning :D Took me ages to construct.. Bland saw me while I was hard at work :P

Here's a pic of it, huge...
    2012-06-03_124502.png

And here's my first slime.
    2012-06-03_165320.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement