Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Does anyone know off the top of their head what size Giant Hybrid frame would suit someone 182cm/6ft?

I take an L but I'm 188/6'2"

I'm 6' and have a Giant Escape 1 with an M frame - fits like a glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

6'1 and a Large CRS 3.0 worked for me. Had a lot of seatpost showing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Thanks guys,

I'm thinking of tracking down a second hand Escape or Rapid for Mrs Rollingscone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Thanks guys,

I'm thinking of tracking down a second hand Escape or Rapid for Mrs Rollingscone.

Mrs RS is welcome to 'try mine for size' if you like....... :rolleyes:

I'm working on North Wall Quay so bike is there during office hours most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

TSm6JMr.jpg?1

icAcodEcgaihv.gif

Now..too sell them and buy a different set in from the states..or keep them :|

Edit: Or get the hydraulic set :o

• Advertisement

Why you no keep pretty?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Zyzz wrote: »
    Edit: Or get the hydraulic set :o

this 15 year old maguras on my mtb - love em now if only i could sort out the gears

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭Junior

Sometime Twitter is so unintentionally funny that well ..

https://twitter.com/DJF2682/status/365424878695878656

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

N6JycSt.jpg

So a friend of mine who's working abroad on a contract basis asked me to have a look at his hybrid for him today, apparently the derailleur hanger had snapped.

So I said no problem, bring it over and I'll make sure it's all ok and then you can get a new hanger in Cycleways.

....except, it turns out his derailleur is split in two, the hanger is fine. Also the rest of the drive-train is a lovely shade of orange.

Two questions: Will soaking in oil be enough to de-orange the drivetrain components, and does anyone happen to have a compatible 8 speed mech lying about for cheap or for free (it was an 8 spd sora derailleur, but I'd imagine a shimano bargain bin mtb mech would work ok?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

picking this up during the week:

1094729_10152077156949186_1126860068_o_zpsbb47448d.jpg

Hopefully with a bit of work ill get it to look something like

burner5_jpg_jpg.jpg

(ok, i know technically its not a mag burner, but its practically the same)

Then ill ride it, and ill be all like

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

lennymc wrote: »
    picking this up during the week...

Is this a mid-life crisis gone horribly wrong?

Raam wrote: »
    Is this a mid-life crisis gone horribly wrong?

quite possibly. its scary. I'm thinking of growing a mullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm thinking of growing a mullet.

Post pics.

this is the look im going for.

mullet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

el tel wrote: »

That is absolutely genius. I only wish that it happened here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

this is the look im going for.

mullet.jpg

Sexay

Go for it - it would suit you;)

If I had enough hair to grow a mullet then we would look like twins:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

Reading "Merckx - half man, half bike" at the moment, this quote was brilliant, hadn't come across it before:
    John Trevorrow rode the Giro in 1984 and says then there were "no more than ten English-speakers in the peloton - and one of those was Sean Kelly, who no one could understand."

:pac:

ROK ON wrote: »
    Sexay

Go for it - it would suit you;)

If I had enough hair to grow a mullet then we would look like twins:pac:

homens.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just passed the 10,000km year to date mark tonight. Nicely ahead of 2013 targets! :)

Someone in an Orwell Wheelers jersey on a very nice Scott bike jumped the lights at Clonliffe Road earlier today, if it was anyone on here, shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Orwellians are exempt from all Irish law apparently..one of the many benefits of joining up..

There was a cyclist ahead of me heading from Blake's Cross towards Lusk tonight around 9.20/9.30pm. You headed for Skerries and I turned for Rush. Just wondering, if you're a regular here, what rear light you had? It was savage - very bright even from several hundred metres back. Probably the best I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Someone in an Orwell Wheelers jersey on a very nice Scott bike jumped the lights at Clonliffe Road earlier today, if it was anyone on here, shame on you.

I live around there, but it wasn't me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Just passed the 10,000km year to date mark tonight. Nicely ahead of 2013 targets! :)

That's nice pedalling.
    Do you commute?

buffalo wrote: »
    I live around there, but it wasn't me.

It was such a blatant jump too, it wasn't a case that he anticipated the lights to go green and tried to beat the traffic, the lights were still red for another couple of minutes. It was down at the Ballybough end. I must find out who it was and publicly shame him.

It was such a blatant jump too, it wasn't a case that he anticipated the lights to go green and tried to beat the traffic, the lights were still red for another couple of minutes. It was down at the Ballybough end. I must find out who it was and publicly shame him.
    Not wishing to condone such activity but why get your knickers in a twist about it. It's rampant and I've even seen a large group in the livery of a well known north county Dublin club sail through a red in Santry.
    ford2600 wrote: »
    That's nice pedalling.
    Do you commute?
    Commuting and leisure.

Not wishing to condone such activity but why get your knickers in a twist about it. It's rampant and I've even seen a large group in the livery of a well known north county Dublin club sail through a red in Santry.

Nah I'm only twisting people's chamois in the hope it was someone on here :P

• Advertisement

Nah I'm only twisting people's chamois in the hope it was someone on here :P
    Doh! I didn't think of that! :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement