Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA 2K12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Xbox Gamertag: LargeTacoFries

Team You Would Prefer To Play As: Chicago Bulls

Season Length Preference: 29 games

Difficulty of CPU games: Pro

League Pace: Slow

Injuries: On

Playoff Length: Best of 7 games

Quarter Length: 7 minutes

Simmed Quarter Length: 7 minutes

Times You Are Available For Fantasy Draft: Any weekday night from 10pm, may be available from 9pm if preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

anyone on the ps3 looking for a game gimmie a shout

same psn as my username

So how many people here are on PS3 and interested?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Xbox Gamertag: conoro127

Team You Would Prefer To Play As: New York Knicks

League Pace: Normal

Quarter Length: 8 minutes

Simmed Quarter Length: 12 minutes

Times You Are Available For Fantasy Draft: After about 9 every weekday but i could manage 8. The weekend anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Xbox Gamertag: Keary90

Team You Would Prefer To Play As: OKC Thunder

Season Length Preference: Dont mind

Simmed Quarter Length: 8 minutes

Times You Are Available For Fantasy Draft: Any time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Xbox Gamertag: CopperFaceJacks

Team You Would Prefer To Play As: Lakers (Not too pushed if someone else wants them)

Season Length Preference: 29

Times You Are Available For Fantasy Draft: Weekday nights from 9 but with a bit of notice I can make most times

• Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Xbox Gamertag: LOK18

Team You Would Prefer To Play As: Will go for T-Wolves as OKC is taken

Season Length Preference: 29

Difficulty of CPU games: All-Pro (think that's one up from Pro?)

Quarter Length: 6 minutes

Times You Are Available For Fantasy Draft: any weekday pretty much, though I work 1 or 2 a week, sure something can be worked out, will be going Poland next weekend though for 2 and a half weeks so don't know if you can pause it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Xbox Gamertag: Mikeyt086

Team You Would Prefer To Play As: Boston Celtics

Season Length Preference: 29 games (Considering it's our first season lets keep it relatively short.)

Difficulty of CPU games: Pro (I see myself struggling with anything higher to be honest)

Quarter Length: 7 minutes

Simmed Quarter Length: 7 minutes

Times You Are Available For Fantasy Draft: Still waiting on the game to arrive, and I'm heading off to Amsterdam on Thursday until Tuesday so I won't be able to draft until this day next week, after that any time at all. Sorry if that makes it awkward, hopefully it will give us time to get a few more players?

Thanks for the responses lads. From what I can see everyone who has expressed an interest so far has responded and the consensus is that we will go for the following:

Paully D (LargeTacoFries) - Chicago Bulls
    Buyer 95 (conoro127) - New York Knicks
    NTMK (Keary90) - OKC Thunder
    Felexicon (CopperFaceJacks) - LA Lakers
    Liam O (LOK18) - Minnesota Timberwolves
    Mikeyt086 (Mikeyt086) - Boston Celtics

Can everyone add each other when you get a chance please.

The below is the settings we will use (based on what the majority want):

The fantasy draft, based on what people have said, seems to suit the majority of people any week day after 9.

Liam O, unfortunately we wouldn't be able to hold off for 2 and a half weeks, but the CPU does a pretty good job of drafting anyway from what I've seen, so it's not as if you'll be stuck with an awful team. What I can do though is say that you can look through the rosters of the remaining CPU teams when you get back and choose the one you would best like to take control over. You don't necessarily have to take the Timberwolves. Is that fair enough?

Mikey, waiting another week shouldn't be a problem as there's still 2 of us waiting for the game to arrive.

So based on what the majority of people have asked for (a weekday after 9pm), I'm going to provisionally schedule the draft for Wednesday 6th June at 9:30pm. From what I've seen there's a countdown timer and once I set it the draft will automatically start at that time so it's important that those available for the draft are logged on at that time. Can you all let me know if that time suits, and if not what sort of adjustments you'd like made to it.

As soon as my copy of the game arrives I'll post again with the details of how to join the league (name and password).

Thanks lads, and if you have anything you want to ask, comments to make etc feel free to do so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

That draft time is sound.
    I'll sent invites now and I'll be playing online till about 10 if anyone else is on

• Advertisement

As far as I am aware Liam O can make a list of his top priorities for the draft and the CPU will select whichever ones are available. I know you can do it in Madden.

That time seems good for me, if something comes up I'll let yous now asap.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware Liam O can make a list of his top priorities for the draft and the CPU will select whichever ones are available. I know you can do it in Madden.

Good point Mikey, thanks for that.

Taken from Inside Hoops:
    For those who will not be able to attend the draft, adjust your team's draft priority under "Draft Priority List".

So yep, it looks like it can be done on 2K12 too :)

Lads, any chance just after 10pm on Wednesday 6th of June would suit people better for the draft? Reason I ask is I forgot all about needing to be somewhere that evening and I probably won't be back until just before 10pm. If people prefer 9:30pm then that's still fine. I could also do the Tuesday or the Thursday if that's preferred.

So:

A) Stick with the original time of 9:30pm on Wednesday 6th June
    B) Slightly after 10pm on Wednesday 6th June, say 10:15pm
    C) Tuesday 5th of June at 9:30pm
    D) Thursday 7th of June at 9:30pm

The European Championships start on the Friday and Mikey isn't back until the Tuesday so the above options seem to be the best chance of getting almost everyone together. I'm good with either B, C or D but if people have already made plans now then option A will do.

Just let me know, thanks :)

Nah I should be able to do the draft next Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, I wasn't proposing holding off for 2 and a half weeks but the fact I wont be able to play for nearly 3 weeks after the draft could cause problems.

Also the CPU does a terrible job at drafting in these things, they just pick the highest rated player available if it's like years past so that means you could end up with all SFs and PGs or something, seen that priority thing but that would run down probably very quickly...

Liam O wrote: »
    Nah I should be able to do the draft next Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, I wasn't proposing holding off for 2 and a half weeks but the fact I wont be able to play for nearly 3 weeks after the draft could cause problems.

Also the CPU does a terrible job at drafting in these things, they just pick the highest rated player available if it's like years past so that means you could end up with all SFs and PGs or something, seen that priority thing but that would run down probably very quickly...

Cheers for clearing that up mate. Unfortunately it doesn't let players join and re-join so you can either draft yourself and have your games simmed for the duration you're away, or skip the draft entirely and then take whatever team you want when your back?

I'm just going by the CPU draft in Madden to be honest mate. They generally seem to draft quite decent, balanced teams. Maybe in NBA2K it's different.

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, any chance just after 10pm on Wednesday 6th of June would suit people better for the draft? Reason I ask is I forgot all about needing to be somewhere that evening and I probably won't be back until just before 10pm. If people prefer 9:30pm then that's still fine. I could also do the Tuesday or the Thursday if that's preferred.

So:

A) Stick with the original time of 9:30pm on Wednesday 6th June
    B) Slightly after 10pm on Wednesday 6th June, say 10:15pm
    C) Tuesday 5th of June at 9:30pm
    D) Thursday 7th of June at 9:30pm

The European Championships start on the Friday and Mikey isn't back until the Tuesday so the above options seem to be the best chance of getting almost everyone together. I'm good with either B, C or D but if people have already made plans now then option A will do.

Just let me know, thanks :)

Bumping this to the newest post so everyone can see it as some may not look back to the previous page :)

Paully you're setting the league up so we should do it when your available. Tuesday (unless I get delayed), Wednesday or Thursday are fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

The 6th at 10 suits me fine anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Im good for anytime ye want AFAIK

Done a bit of attempted recruiting, I messaged a guy from England who I played FIFA Clubs with as I saw he had NBA 2K12 in his played games, told him to check the site out. Also PM'd GME 27 who goes by CactusMac88 on here I think, played in the Boards FIFA Club with him and he plays NBA 2K12 so thought he may not have seen it.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Paully you're setting the league up so we should do it when your available. Tuesday (unless I get delayed), Wednesday or Thursday are fine for me.
    buyer95 wrote: »
    The 6th at 10 suits me fine anyway
    NTMK wrote: »
    Im good for anytime ye want AFAIK

OK lads, cheers.

So the draft is now scheduled for Wednesday 6th of June at 10:15pm. Again if anyone can't make that time and would prefer to stick with the original time of 45 minutes earlier or would prefer a different day and time let me know :)

Nice one on the recruiting Mikey. The more we have the better it will be as there will be more human v human games.

I can't wait to see what rosters we end up with. The top 10 picks will have an opportunity to get a superstar. I'd imagine the top 10 taken (in no particular order) will be something like LeBron, Wade, Howard, Rose, Bryant, Durant, Paul, Williams, Anthony, Westbrook. It will be interesting to see who those people build their teams around. I have to say I'd be much more inclined to choose a top class PG rather than a big man if the opportunity arises for me. I'm praying for a top 10 pick :pac: However, the good thing about the serpentine draft is the last pick will have a good chance of picking up two mid to high 80's rated players where as the top picks will likely get 1 superstar and then their next pick will be pretty low 80's. It's a much fairer format.

Just so people know, you have 1 minute and 30 seconds to make your pick. There's a budget of $90m and you have to draft 12 players. It works out at an average of $7.5m a pick, but obviously as you sign a superstar/player on a low salary it fluctuates. It's all shown on the screen though so that's good. Free agency opens straight after the draft and it's basically a free-for-all. Everyone can negotiate with the same players and then a day or two later in-game the player makes his decision on who to sign with.

Yeah I play a very PG centric game but have one in mind that'll hopefully last til round 2. Doubtful though now thinking about it but getting someone like Howard or LeBron is obviously a huge help to a team.

Have never done a 30 team draft, is it possible to reduce the amount of teams to 24 or 20 maybe so the rosters will be slightly better? I know you can for regular leagues but not sure about the associations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NewBoss

So how many people here are on PS3 and interested?.

Yup, I'd be very interested if we could get a league going for PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

NewBoss wrote: »

and me

NewBoss wrote: »
    caspa307 wrote: »
    and me

I think someone said earlier in the thread we'd need a minimum of 4 players?!.

So if we can get a 4th then I'll look into setting one up. Sounds interesting.

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah I play a very PG centric game but have one in mind that'll hopefully last til round 2. Doubtful though now thinking about it but getting someone like Howard or LeBron is obviously a huge help to a team.

Have never done a 30 team draft, is it possible to reduce the amount of teams to 24 or 20 maybe so the rosters will be slightly better? I know you can for regular leagues but not sure about the associations.

I'm the same, I play PG centric too. I know who'll I be taking if I land inside the top 10 but I haven't done much research as of yet if I'm outside of the superstars. Considering we have another week until the draft anyway it's a good opportunity for people to try out different players and see who they think might slot into their team well and try and draft them on the day.

As far as I know you have to have the 30 teams in it and the ones not controlled by a human will be CPU controlled, but I'll look into it more if the game ever arrives :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'd be interested if there's 1 going for the PS3

PSN is same as username

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm the same, I play PG centric too. I know who'll I be taking if I land inside the top 10 but I haven't done much research as of yet if I'm outside of the superstars. Considering we have another week until the draft anyway it's a good opportunity for people to try out different players and see who they think might slot into their team well and try and draft them on the day.

As far as I know you have to have the 30 teams in it and the ones not controlled by a human will be CPU controlled, but I'll look into it more if the game ever arrives :pac:

I ordered mine 10 days ago and still no sign of it. Bit annoying from a UK company. Makes me very reluctant to order from The Hut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I ordered this today, so I'll join up if Its here in time(which I'd doubt).

• Advertisement

The game arrived today anyway lads :) Just playing some practice games now trying to get used to it (loving it so far), and I'll create the online association tonight and put the information on how to join up then. I've also added everyone who put their Xbox gamertag up so can everyone make sure they add each other before the draft next Wednesday night.

Quick question lads, the game automatically updated the rosters, but now I can't use Derrick Rose at all, he's completely disappeared off the game. I'm guessing this is because of his injury, is there anyway to fix this? Surely he should be available to use on the game? :confused:

Cheers.

Advertisement