Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

BlackBlade wrote: »
    Went well!
    a pleasant enough day, a very nice bunch of people...
    in and out in around an hour...

Was it nerve wrecking?I wouldnt have nerve lol congratulations :) Looking forward to see you on the show.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

caseyann wrote: »
    Was it nerve wrecking?I wouldnt have nerve lol congratulations :) Looking forward to see you on the show.:cool:

Ha ha hopefully!
    no not really, Only part I hate is singing in front of one or 2 people...
    give me a crowed any day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

BlackBlade wrote: »
    Ha ha hopefully!
    no not really, Only part I hate is singing in front of one or 2 people...
    give me a crowed any day!

Fair play to you.I am sure we will see you on it.But you got to promise to tell us which one you are? What did you sing if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Well done BlackBlade :)

Was it a proper set up? What i mean by that is did you perform on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

caseyann wrote: »
    Fair play to you.I am sure we will see you on it.But you got to promise to tell us which one you are? What did you sing if you dont mind me asking?

sure I will :eek:
    Have you ever seen the rain..
    hardest bit was picking the song..
    I mentioned a few songs I had in mind and the guy was like "ye we wanna hear that one" so off I went lol..
    Well done blackbade.

Did you sing on a stage?

no just a small board room in a hotel..
    2 judges and a girl on camera..
    nice folks, I still hate the singing to 2 or 3 people tho lol..

• Advertisement

Thanks, my cousin would be the same, used to a crowd in front of her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alabalascala

Hi all

Does anyone know how the whittling down process goes?..I mean does it go from lets say a 1000 applicants from the first audition down to 32 for example for the live shows?

Good luck to everyone who auditioned:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jean Baptiste

Hey guys!

First of all, congrats to everyone who auditioned today & to everyone's future auditions too! Hope it went well :)

I also auditioned today & it was my first time ever going for anything like this. I think it went pretty well, the judges seemed to really like my voice & I got some great compliments from them which was a real (unexpected!) confidence boost! So I left fairly hopeful...!

The only thing that confused me was that some people were asked to stay for an interview & others werent? I didn't get asked so I'm wondering is this pretty much a no then? So confused! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭grumbleweed

Hi Guys

I too auditioned and felt it went well , there where 4 judges and a camera in the room that i was in and like jean baptist was wondering why not everyone got an interview afterwards .

I would remind anybody thinking of posting here that you did sign a non disclosure agreement when you entered The Voice so be very carefull what you post or you could find yourself in a bit of trouble or kicked out of the competition if you manage to progress

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Hi all, the very best of luck to anyone who has auditioned and to anyone about to.

Could I please be cheeky and ask anyone who has auditioned already if you brought someone with you? Do most people bring someone or are you supposed to? I just ask as my husband is auditioning tomorrow and although I'll be going with him for the drive up to Dublin was unsure if I should accompany him into the hotel or just sit it out in the car.

Tia

• Advertisement

We had a feeling this was the case :(

Once you were free to go that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Airsoftmedic

Not yet how did your daughter get to the battle stages without the blind audition?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alabalascala

why this in the email then?

You will not be told whether or not you have been successful on the day. If you have been successful you will hear from us by October 16th2011. Due to the large number of applicants we will only be able to contact successful candidates.

why this in the email then?

You will not be told whether or not you have been successful on the day. If you have been successful you will hear from us by October 16th2011. Due to the large number of applicants we will only be able to contact successful candidates.

Confusing! And auditions are still going on as we speak!

Thanks alot alabalacsala :)

I'm going to mass everyday until October 16th :D

It didn't state in the email about people not getting through to the blind auditions if they were not called for an interview after audition.

However, when you hear people have been called for an interview and then on to the battle stages you can't help but feel your gone :(

I would be interested to see if anybody else comes on here and says they are through already ! , If its a case that being interviewed meant you were automaticaly through then what that says to me is that at the start of the day they had decided on a number they were going to put through for that day eg 50 , 60 , 70 ,etc .

I think 150 singers go through to the next stage and out of that 16 singers go onto the live shows with each judge having 4 singers on his or her team but dont quote me on that.

I didint get an interview and when i went back down to the waiting room the girl told me i could go strait away , no waiting about :confused:

It appears so , and i would also think that anybody who auditioned on thursday , friday and saturday knows by now weather they got through or not .

It appears so , and i would also think that anybody who auditioned on thursday , friday and saturday knows by now weather they got through or not .

An what a load of **** syrup! Ha ha guess I didn't do as good as I thought so! :D Well good luck to those who got through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Auntieflorence

It looks from the info that im gathering that they had a certain number of people put through on the day however people are getting call backs after the audition including people who never went for an interview after they sang.
    However there is alot of controversy over the show if you look at the facebook page for it apparently people who never heard of the show but are known singers to rte or the production company were getting calls and being told they would be put straight into the live shows without auditioning which screams fix! Of course this is the case with most tv productions its all about the publicity after all.
    But i wouldnt give up hope on anyone who has auditioned and felt it went well....... but in saying that unfortuneatly i dont think compared to the amount of people that auditioned that there will be many places left to fill if you arent a "special bff of rte" or told on the day it will probably be just down to luck as there was so many talented people auditioning.
    But as they say if at first you dont succeed try and try again! (maybe not for the same thing) But if its what ya really want i wouldn't give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Airsoftmedic

Philip? ;)

• Advertisement

It looks from the info that im gathering that they had a certain number of people put through on the day however people are getting call backs after the audition including people who never went for an interview after they sang.
    However there is alot of controversy over the show if you look at the facebook page for it apparently people who never heard of the show but are known singers to rte or the production company were getting calls and being told they would be put straight into the live shows without auditioning which screams fix! Of course this is the case with most tv productions its all about the publicity after all.
    But i wouldnt give up hope on anyone who has auditioned and felt it went well....... but in saying that unfortuneatly i dont think compared to the amount of people that auditioned that there will be many places left to fill if you arent a "special bff of rte" or told on the day it will probably be just down to luck as there was so many talented people auditioning.
    But as they say if at first you dont succeed try and try again! (maybe not for the same thing) But if its what ya really want i wouldn't give up

Oh Lawdy! Well ain't that the pittance?! I'mma just gonna cry myself to sleep every night knowing I've been foiled by RTE & co!

HOW COULD YOU RTE?! THIS WAS MY LIFE!!! MY DREAM!!! MY LAST/ONE SHOT! IT'S ALL OVER!!!

Hmmm...Unless I apply for the voice UK or x factor UK or x factor US or American Idol or next year again for the Voice of Ireland or maybe even the voice Calcutta?!

Meh, back to the auld pub giggage me thinks! At least you get a free pint or two after those...which I'm pretty sure the above don't supply :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Auntieflorence

Philip ???? no confused.com
    Oh wait i think are u talking bout urman that was on the facebook page leaving all the comment ya know i read them and all the other ones it was all rather entertaining!

But hey aint nothing wrong with playing a pub gig and really putting everything into it and atleast that way to you are playing your music the way you play it and not a song your told to sing the way they want you to sing it!
    but at the same time if you got a call tomorrow ya would be delighted as would i ....... lol its a ****ed up crazy world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Sharon Corr and Bressie have been named as judges. (according to the herald.)

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/sharon-corr-to-judge-for-the-voice-2898083.html
    POP star Sharon Corr, below, will be on the judging panel of new reality television competition The Voice.

The former Corrs singer will be joining three other coaches on RTE's new show, scheduled to air in January.

The 41-year-old and her family are among Ireland's most famous music exports.

Only one other coach has been named - Blizzards frontman Niall Breslin. A source said: "The two other artists have sold more than 60 million albums between them and once their contracts are signed will galvanise the panel."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Colmo52 wrote: »

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/sharon-corr-to-judge-for-the-voice-2898083.html

What's the betting one of the remaining 2 is a Westlife member!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lockie1983 wrote: »

What's the betting one of the remaining 2 is a Westlife member!!

And lotoya jackson? The westies are taking a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Elmo wrote: »
    And lotoya jackson?

Seriously??

And lotoya jackson?

Seriously??

According to the hearld

And kian egan from the indo, just now.

independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/westlifes-kian-egan-to-be-coach-on-the-voice-2899488.html

And brian kennedy, sharon corr and breslin

Latoya must have said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Kian Egan also on this?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Kian Egan also on this?

What else is he on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What else is he on?