Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is modern day denim such poor quality?

• 24-08-2009 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just comparing Levi denim thread from today with levi's from, say, the 80's/90's there seems to be a huge difference in the texture and thickness of the fabric. I decided to fray a couple of holes in a pair of jeans that I've had for a couple of years at the weekend and was a bit disappointed in the result really. I remember when I used to fray big areas of my jeans with sand paper and razor blades ( I practically lived in ripped denim throughout my late school/college years ) and you'd have to work really hard to get the right effect. The jeans I tried it with over the weekend practically disintegrated. I don't seem to recall prices for jeans coming down in any way but the quality of the fabric has really dropped. Maybe this is just the fashion equivalent of the ever-shrinking Mars bar but it was an eye-opener for me.
    Tagged:

Advertisement