Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FAS Work Placement Program

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Delancey wrote: »
    Somebody on another thread in another forum has just posted that his / her OH has had their weekly hours cut by 4 hours and the same has been done to their 8 co-workers , thats 9 people losing 4 hours each = 36 hours a week.
    Today their employer advertised a FAS Work Experience position for 37 hours a week - flagrant abuse of the system :mad:

And not one thing will probely be done about it this country is getting worse by the day,Then again our so called elected representatives are earning a nice few€€ with and a pension to booth so they dont give a flying f@@k I reckon that person should try contacting NERA that's if the quango is up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Prakari

Quite a blatant abuse. A more subtle way for an employer to abuse the system is to take on free labour in the knowledge of a future expansion.

WPPs threaten the rights and pay of existing workers and raise the bar for gaining employment without increasing the numbers of jobs. It’s ridiculous to have a situation where if an employer pays a worker €7.5 an hour it’s illegal but pay them zero and it’s a “wonderful opportunity to gain experience”.

Without an additional supplement to the welfare payment the WPP scheme will fail due to rising oil prices. Its only sustainable for those who can walk to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

RichardAnd wrote: »
    Yeah I had to read the first paragraph twice before I noticed that. That's very bad journalism to entitle an article in such a way.

Its the Indo. They do well to get the date right. Even then you'd be wise to double check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Phenoxan

Is the any repercussions for leaving the program early? If it is not working out. Can they cut the dole payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

As long as you give notice to the employer you can leave within a week from what I have been told you wont be cut If you think you want to leave contact the fas officer for full details before notifying the employer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement