Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black & White 2 Announced!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Zangoose and seveiper confirmed for the main quest game :D

if only the anime was like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Holy ****, they localised it.

Shame they didn't use the same VAs as the anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Gods damn, I wish that was the anime...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can confirm that the game is damn awesome with some
    Visually stunning cutscenes. Finished the main story a few weeks ago and can't wait for the English release.

• Advertisement

I'm amazed that you guys aren't fluent in Japanese by now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If staring at things you don't understand for extended periods of time made you an expert, I'd understand women by now. But that's not how it works. You have much to learn, youngling.

Banjo wrote: »
    If staring at things you don't understand for extended periods of time made you an expert, I'd understand women by now. But that's not how it works. You have much to learn, youngling.

As I'm studying for my last few exams now, I understand you completely. I have forgotten what a microbe even is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Would put in lulz thread... but it's relevant :P

i love the anime with that was awesome beats the crap out of ash any day

• Advertisement

50 days to go chaps :D:D

2 weeks today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Can someone give me a breakdown of the game please. Dont need to know the story, but where does this game come in relation to B/W 1. Does it follow on, do you start a new adventure as a newbie to pokemon, what changes in pokemon can we expect if any etc

wobbles wrote: »
    Can someone give me a breakdown of the game please. Dont need to know the story, but where does this game come in relation to B/W 1. Does it follow on, do you start a new adventure as a newbie to pokemon, what changes in pokemon can we expect if any etc

It follows on from black and white, 2 years after.
    Yes you do start as a pokemon newbie.
    In the original black/white, you only had access to the new unova pokemon until you'd completed the main quest, in this one, you've access to old pokemon from the word go. Some cool pokemon available pretty early too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

GUISE IT'S TOMORROW.

AM SO EXCITE. AM AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

HAVE PREBOOKED, CAN'T WAIT!!!

Might see what I can trade in to pick it up tomorrow. But given it's friday, I'll have to play it drunk. Not sure how good an idea that is...

So, is everyone going Black or White?
    I know they say that once you go black you never go back, but they also say white is right... I'm so conflicted.

Also, can we start a discussion about which of the 3 starters is the best, 'cause I'm too lazy to look up what the starters are in 2. Hopefully not the same 3 as the original B/W?

I'm going White this time, I got Black last time.
    The starters are the same, which is a bit of a pity. Loads of in game differences though.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Happy Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 day everyone!

Has anyone caught that terrible bug that's been going around? (aka Genesect on wi-fi)

Heading to the car in 2 hours.... tick follows tock follows tick follows tock....

Edit : A bit of creative trading and it's mine... MINE!
    Glad I'm not Nuzlocking, I lost the first battle for the first time in 5 generations and countless run-throughs. I didn't know you *could* lose the first battle! Damned criticals....

There's a mysterious menu called Unova Link with some interesting looking options that make me wish I read the manual.

You get to name your rival - hurray! Nunbery and Bohegas ride again...

• Advertisement

Going to collect it now. SWEET!
    My girlfriend will not be happy tonight, no interaction for her.

damm you amazon cheaper prices in uk than ireland i bought both for brother & i saved 14 euro have to wait till monday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

In England at the mo so picked it up here for £29.99. Forgot to bring a ds so won't be playing it until next week but I've played the jap version so not too anxious about waiting. Went for black 2 as I've got white 2 already.

Current team: Oshawott Lv.6 and Genesect Lv.15. :cool:

Haven't even left the first town yet, which is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ah was gonna wait and get this later this month but after reading this the thoughts of a new journey mean im getting it tomorrow.

Originally went with emboar in black, restarted my gfs white2 weeks ago with oshawott so will start this with Snivy

Currently on Virbank City and training for my second badge. My team is as follows.
    Riolu Lv.16
    Genesect Lv.16
    Purrloin Lv.10
    Oshawott Lv.14
    Azurill Lv. 10
    Elekid Lv.11

Loving it so far, the little touches are great. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just in Virbank now, my team is:
    Tepig lv. 14
    Mareep lv. 12
    Riolu Lv. 13
    Psyduck Lv. 13
    Genesect Lv. 15

Edit: add a level 10 Magby to that!

I couldn't find a mareep. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got one easy enough, the Riolu took a while longer to find though.

• Advertisement

Which are you playing, I have White and it seems to have way less than Black.

Advertisement