Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Vice have just written a response to that Glamour article which is kind of funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Scarinae wrote: »

Ah here. I thought we were done with that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

It's funny I've noticed a huge difference between the UK and US versions of magazines such as glamour and cosmo. The above rubbish is much more prevalent in US mags. Sometimes in UK ones but nowhere near as bad.

On a side note, isn't prevalent a lovely word? Rolls off the tongue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Twice in the last three months I'd have people contact me on linkedin saying I've been recommended and would I be interested in some part time contract work (I'm a self employed IT consultant)

It sounds very big headed, but I'm seriously flattered that people do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

So annoyed :( While I'm not "looking" looking for a new car, I have been kinda keeping my eye out over the last while just incase the right car comes along. Seen one of my ideal cars online over the weekend, not a bad price on it, only a year old but needed to enquire and find out more. WAs getting excited about it though, seriously nice looking car!!
    Turns out "bearly driven" is 21,000 kms in a year. Full service history: the car actually hasn't been serviced, nothing done to it since it was bought. "in as new condition" : a number of scrapes, scratches and marks on it already in various places.
    A car like that - I would have it wrapped in cotton wool. My own car is 8 years old and barely a mark.
    The search (but I'm not really looking) continues.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I started writing another romance novel after a month of doing nothing. It feels really good to get words on the page again. I tricked myself into doing it by bringing my laptop to the pub and ordering a pint. The music is top notch, a mix of classic sixties rock and seventies funk. And I've managed to get 2,200 words out. Another 800 and I'll be absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I've decided to be brave and do something I've wanted to do for a long time. I' going to write a book!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

My spiralizer came :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Well it seems that I'm one of those people who don't eat after a break-up now. The pounds are dropping off. :)

I've always been a Ben & Jerry's type girl in the past, so this is a nice change. I have plenty of weight to lose, so this unexpected development isn't a bad thing!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Got invited to a wedding three weeks from yesterday tomorrow.

Had a fab two outings with OH to find a dress.

Found dress.

Planning a fab day tomorrow to buy dress, get accessories, then go for afternoon tea :)

Good times :)

• Advertisement

Kerry loungers rejoice!! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Kerry loungers rejoice!! \o/
    Poor Kildare. =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

This weather :( on my day off too. Friday was no better and I was off that day too. I'm either surrounding by screaming children on my day off, or it's raining. I want to go cycling too *throws tantrum* :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

For London loungers, its more like this weather :D Lovely and hot for Wembley this afternoon, and Arsenal won so I'm happy because I absolutely hate Chelsea.

Dubs match was weird, result as expected but a bit strange towards the end!

Gone awful quiet in here :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Gone awful quiet in here :eek:

Tis! Awful sad. Awful sad.

I need to stop quoting sminky shorts when out on group spins. Any time anyone calls "steady" I can be heard roaring "schlow down Tommy, ye're schtone mad for schpeed".

On an aside, we're through to the cup final of the premier division of our tag rugby league! Only one loss through the whole league. Delighted. Hope we win now.

Going to the afters of a wedding on Saturday. Need to be creative with my choice of attire due to horrific tan lines from cycling. Arms not too bad but legs are embarrassing. First time drinking in months. Myself and Mr Hendricks will be well acquainted by the end of the night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

*burps*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dolbert wrote: »
    *burps*

"good girl!" - my now standard response to burping. At what age does burping stop being celebrated?? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

"good girl!" - my now standard response to burping. At what age does burping stop being celebrated?? :)

Never... Burping is great craic.

Rate it on quality and sound? :pac:

• Advertisement

Himself is officially installed in my gaff. You can tell by the way his bromance with my housemate is getting seriouser by the day!

I've a terrible feeling I've a college assignment due today which I forgot about

Phew, not due till next Friday :)

Happy days

I've been avoiding doing any work on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Stheno wrote: »
    Phew, not due till next Friday :)

Happy days

I've been avoiding doing any work on it :)

I know that feeling. I've a to-do list a mile long. So today I've managed to clear my subscribed threads on boards, and message my sister about books. Productive, I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hey Ladies *waves*

Can't sleep a wink! I'm a live wire. Contemplating whether to nab a midnight snacking of Ben & Jerrys :p

Lads the lack of a proper dose of sunshine this "summer" is starting to get in on me a bit. Think I'll have to look into a few days in a sunshine spot in a couple of weeks.

It's looking gorgeous this morning though so I'll definitely be getting out and about today.

Do any of ye use a sunbed not for tanning but just for a dose of vitamin d / clearing bad skin? Actually do you even get the vitamin d from a sunbed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Lads the lack of a proper dose of sunshine this "summer" is starting to get in on me a bit. Think I'll have to look into a few days in a sunshine spot in a couple of weeks.

It's looking gorgeous this morning though so I'll definitely be getting out and about today.

Do any of ye use a sunbed not for tanning but just for a dose of vitamin d / clearing bad skin? Actually do you even get the vitamin d from a sunbed?

A friend of mine had a pretty bad skin condition a while ago so the dermatologist told her to use sunbeds in short bursts for a controlled period of time. I think it really helped her particular issue.

I know that's not much help but there must be something in them!

Must do further research!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Bought a gorgeous 50s dress today. It's stunning on me and I do not compliment myself ever.

It's sooo pretty.

I'm trying to figure out where to wear it though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh lovely! Where'd you get it? Any pics? :)

Advertisement