Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Self Assessment

Options
  • 14-07-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi

I got married last year (2014) and as I am self employed (business startup) as of this year, Revenue have asked me to file a self assessment form and submit it. Is it best to get an accountant to do this? Is there any Irish service that can assist with this without charging a small fortune to make sure we are claiming the max amount of credits etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tax returns and Income & Expenditure Accounts fee all depends on the size of your business and turnover.

You could look online/the local paper for Accountants who are looking to do nixers they would be cheaper, but just remember you get what you pay for!

I would arrange a free consultation with a recommended Accounting Firm and get a quote from them.

As a new business you may need to rely on an Accountant for more than just submitting your first Income Tax return. There is plenty of advise available to you as a growing business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

A lot of people think accountants are expensive, but let me tell you, wait until you find out what a cheap one will cost you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Also accountants have an immense amount of knowledge about different trades and industries that can translate to a solution to a problem.

Advertisement