Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Training....HELP needed!!

• 25-03-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    So i'm in my second year of playing Gaelic after a lengthy 4 year break from the sport. Things have changed and I have a lot of catching up to do if I have any chance of keeping up with the pace.

I was hoping for help on designing an individual training program for the two main aspects speed and power.
    I have a certain idea but not sure what exercises to incorporate on a daily basis and was hoping to get a program based on the following:

Power
    "A progressive program of plyometrics, explosive or eccentric weight-training, parachutes and power tubes. The key is to ensure that a programme of gradual progression is applied"

Speed
    "Drills such as shuttle runs, sprints and power-chutes can be used to develop speed. The list of drills is endless. Combining these drills with agility and quickness drills"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

get yourself to a professional strength and conditioning coach and get a tailored program

best €60 you'll ever spend

Advertisement