Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

For those of you again not fans with GW2 on facebook, they posted up this video a few days back.

Always nice to see some gameplay, and this is a jumping puzzle, which looks pretty interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

That puzzle video's got me all excited i love stuff like that :D Gonna need to fork out and upgrade my old pc for this :(

How old is old? According the FAQ
    What are the system requirements for Guild Wars 2?
    The system requirements haven't been finalized, but just as with the original Guild Wars series, we're committed to creating a beautiful game that will play great on mid-range gaming PCs.

So hopefully demands on a system won't be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

delta36 wrote: »
    How old is old? According the FAQ

So hopefully demands on a system won't be too much.

I think what they'll do is make huge differences between low and "uber" settings like they do on wow these days. So you will be able to play it on normal computers but would need a pretty decent gaming computer to get the most out of the graphics.

I'm sure everyone who signed up for the beta got the "Thank You" email today from ANet, and if you haven't had a chance to read it yet, they say that
    We know you're very eager for us to send out beta invitations, and we will be sending these confirmations out shortly.
    They also posted up a new video with unseen game footage, only view-able through their facebook page if you like them, link below.
    https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2?sk=app_355379981174053

• Advertisement

Bahahahaha!!
    From 10th April, players can pre-purchase the Guild Wars 2 Collector’s, Digital Deluxe or Standard Editions from buy.guildwars2.com or select retailers. All players that pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 will be given access to all upcoming beta events and will be given head start access prior to release. Follow the link for more information about this and our incredible Collector’s Edition!
    https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Just a tad excited about this, ~censored~ yeah!!

Think it's a little bit of a gyp that you're guaranteed access to the beta if you buy, makes the beta sign up hype last week a bit pointless, and screws over people who won't buy the pre order,but still, it's another step!

Edit: They also have system specs at the bottom of the page, which are liable to change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Only permanent bonus is a new skill and a +2 headband (which I guess will be easily replaced) by the looks of it from the Deluxe edition (the other benefits are one time use). The collectors edition retail price of 150 USD (and knowing companies EUR) seems a wee bit high for what you get imo...

Well there's also the elite skill, and the mini-pet for the DE, pus early access. The CE is quite expensive, yes, but damn it looks nice, and you get a bit in it, but still, $150. I'm probably going to get it anyway ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

That one looks really cool :D

Ahhh, help.
    Not sure whether I shall try GW2 or not :-/

kickarykee wrote: »
    That one looks really cool :D

Ahhh, help.
    Not sure whether I shall try GW2 or not :-/

There's always hope there'll be a trial, but from my completely unbiased opinion, you should try it!

In other news, again for those of you not following them on Facebook, this was posted yesterday:
    Yes, beta invitations have begun going out. They'll be sent out over the next few days. Please remember that discussing the beta in any way, shape, or form -- including your status in it -- is a breach of NDA. Don't risk your beta access! ~RB2

So keep on eye on your email, and congrats to anyone who got in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sick of watching videos at this stage, must of looked at all of tb's and yogg, just want to play the damn game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I also said i was done watching video's...then i watched that 40 minute TB video last night. Was actually really good though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Kiith wrote: »
    I also said i was done watching video's...then i watched that 40 minute TB video last night. Was actually really good though.

Do you have the link for that please?

This pre-purchase thing starting April 10th, does anyone know where we can pre-order the Digital Deluxe version?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do you have the link for that please?

It was the 2nd link posted by jonneymendoza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-UZFu7yZEw&feature=player_embedded

This pre-purchase thing starting April 10th, does anyone know where we can pre-order the Digital Deluxe version?

Where? I'd assume online through the GW2 site. Although it's a pre-purchase as opposed to a pre-order, difference being you pay the full amount for the game when you pre-purchase.

Speaking of, does anyone know what retailers in Ireland will be stocking the Collectors Edition? There's a list on the GW2 wiki, but it's a work in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

delta36 wrote: »
    Where? I'd assume online through the GW2 site. Although it's a pre-purchase as opposed to a pre-order, difference being you pay the full amount for the game when you pre-purchase.

Speaking of, does anyone know what retailers in Ireland will be stocking the Collectors Edition? There's a list on the GW2 wiki, but it's a work in progress.

I have a specific thread about this in the Massively Multiplayer section.
    I will keep it updated i have contacted most of the retailers in Ireland and have got some replys. check it out if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I guess at midnight pre-orders will go live. Everything is ready on my side, with credit card in hand. I just wonder how their servers will hold up.

I guess at midnight pre-orders will go live. Everything is ready on my side, with credit card in hand. I just wonder how their servers will hold up.

Can't find the link right now where I read that, but pretty sure the pre-purchase goes live at 8am on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

spamming the complete purchase button to no avail:P

Other than being a little slow, paying via Paypal worked fine. Not able to complete the account registration part though, getting a 502 server error. :(

Not able to complete the account registration part though, getting a 502 server error. :(

same for me now

Won't be able to buy it for 2 weeks, so probably won't get the full early access. Not sure i want to spend another €75 on a mmo, so i think i'll just get the standard digital edition.

bought and finished my registration! yeah boi!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Bought and registered. Just refresh if you get error 502, It took about 10 mins to reg. I went for the Standard edition. DE didn't entice me and CE is way too much.

• Advertisement

Bought and registered. Just refresh if you get error 502, It took about 10 mins to reg. I went for the Standard edition. DE didn't entice me and CE is way too much.

Lol just did the same a minute ago, refreshing the 502 page worked. Standard Edition for me too, not bothered about a box or the digital extras.

Advertisement