Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

was in aldi in town today, while at the till a woman came in whose ub visa debit card would not be accepted- her wages where due to be in her account today- she left her shopping and had to go to the ulster bank in drigheda to get cash to pay for her groceries, total disaster.... i still cant access my internet banking

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

bluewolf wrote: »
    This is the first such problem I've ever had with them in 10 years or so, so I don't think I'll be switching account.
    However considering the inconvenience and the fact that they charge us for unpaid DD etc, I might be inclined to look for compensation if my pay doesn't go through next week...
    If you have money coming in or going to another bank the file with it probably won't be processed untill tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

caff wrote: »
    If you have money coming in or going to another bank the file with it probably won't be processed untill tonight.

wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

My employer uses UB and we're due to be paid tomorrow, we've been told its likely to be delayed. Does anyone here know if it will be delayed until Monday? I understand if no-one knows but I thought I'd ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Born To Be Mild

Ferrakins wrote: »
    Unpaid EFT Fee 12.70eur lol. Thought I'd chance my arm

Sir, I tip my hat to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭Tow

The latest update from The Register :

Tech fault at RBS and Natwest freezes millions of UK bank balances
    No fix date available for devastated customers

Looks like Ireland had been forgotten..

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

bluewolf wrote: »
    wha?

I mean if you have a UB account and you are trying to send money to another bank or if you have a UB account and are expecting money from another bank that money will probably not clear untill the files from UB go to the other banks and UB processes the files from other banks. The files get transferred between banks at close of business. Due to UB having difficulties they did not process or send files last night so it will happend tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I mean if you have a UB account and you are trying to send money to another bank or if you have a UB account and are expecting money from another bank that money will probably not clear untill the files from UB go to the other banks and UB processes the files from other banks. The files get transferred between banks at close of business. Due to UB having difficulties they did not process or send files last night so it will happend tonight.

Oh yeah I know
    I'm not just transferring anything as all my DDs are early month so the main issue I expect to run into is payday
    maybe credit card use

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hope it's sorted before next week when I get paid! :)

Had to give the mother money yesterday for groceries, she was lucky in that she checked her account online before leaving the house. It would have been an embarrassing time at the checkout in Dunnes otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Well I'll not be eating this weekend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Sir, I tip my hat to you!

+1 hilarious would have loved to witness that!!

While I'm not stuck, I have a bit of money to get me through the weekend, it's such a huge shambolic mistake, and the lack of info is infuriating.

I'm assuming if mortgage and other loans are with other banks they will still go out, it's just incoming payments that are affected? I took money out today but haven't used the debit card, but used it last night so I'm assuming it's fine to use the card when there are funds in the account?

SSFG wrote: »

I'm assuming if mortgage and other loans are with other banks they will still go out, it's just incoming payments that are affected?

Don't assume anything, ring both banks involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 adsw

Not much use if your wages haven't come in and there's nothing to withdraw...???

I went in to local Ulster Bank branch this morning and was told I could take out a maximum of €500 even though wages weren't showing on system and only €60 in account !!. Took the €500. I presume they know the money is coming and will advance.

Know its a bit late in the day for most here, as banks are due to close soon - but I got sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Don't assume anything, ring both banks involved.

Not being smart, but what will I say, surely I can't cancel a DD at such short notice on the off chance that they may not sort this problem out before tomorrow?
    Mortgage with EBS and is taken monthly we just pay into it weekly to make it easier on us, so it wouldn't make a difference as mortgage not due till start of next month.
    And other loan is with BoI, a worse shower they'll just tell me to pay the loan payment in cash, which I can't do as that will leave us with no cash, I'd be afraid to give it away in case we're left with nothing.
    Hope this is sorted before next weeks wages, there seems to be a severe lack of communication from UB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Not looking good for tomorrow, is what I'm hearing. I'm affected too, no wages in.

Could rumble on till next week, and then backlog issues take hold. Bad situation, hope they can fix this very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

This is some disgrace, I'm in america needing funds and money was lodged directly into my account in Ulster Bank yesterday and that hasn't gone in. Basically screwed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/generic/service-update.ashx

A bit more info on the website now.

A relation of mine brought her payslip in to the local branch and they gave her the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lollie20

i went to withdraw money yesterday and i could only withdraw an amount much less than what should have been in there. when i got home i was able to log onto my online banking which only showed the last three transactions and a balance of 8 euro. this morning it showed i now had 31 euro balance???? and yet some money is still missing from my account. i can't trace back online and neither could the branch when i phoned them due to the issues this seems strange that im missing money has this happened to anyone else today or yesterday that they have noticed a lower balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Jesus!
    No, not missing any money that was in there (touch wood).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yea, I was in a branch there today and I was told it could be a few days before my lodgement show's up as I will need it for a DD to my insurance company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

Ok guys heres my senario, see if you guys can shed some light on this. I have an UB business account and have no idea if any cheques are coming against my account. Last time I seen my balance on Tuesday night the account was in credit and card transactions were due to credit the account. I used my card over the phone today and it declined. My account manager told me she cant see my balance and doesnt know if anything has been presented against the account. She insists for me to lodge money at the branch and they will process the lodgement when things resume to normal.

1. Will any cheque presented against the account continue to clear?
    2. If I "lodge" money at the branch, like an express lodgement, there is no guarantee this will be lodged immediately when systems resume, ie if systems restore at 10am and cheques clear, UB will not guarantee any express lodge will be processed until the close of business that day, resulting in unpaid cheques and charges. (happened before)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SCD

lollie20 wrote: »
    i went to withdraw money yesterday and i could only withdraw an amount much less than what should have been in there. when i got home i was able to log onto my online banking which only showed the last three transactions and a balance of 8 euro. this morning it showed i now had 31 euro balance???? and yet some money is still missing from my account. i can't trace back online and neither could the branch when i phoned them due to the issues this seems strange that im missing money has this happened to anyone else today or yesterday that they have noticed a lower balance?

I had €300+ last night and -€85 this morning. Was in work when I noticed so didn't have a chance to ring them. This better just be a glitch with the account balance

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lollie20

SCD wrote: »
    lollie20 wrote: »

I had €300+ last night and -€85 this morning. Was in work when I noticed so didn't have a chance to ring them. This better just be a glitch with the account balance

thank goodness im not the only one ill have to ring them tomorrow this is disgraceful that people have been left like this with today's technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Ferrakins wrote: »
    Unpaid EFT Fee 12.70eur lol. Thought I'd chance my arm

Brilliant :D
    Love it.
    Didn't get paid today either (and it was a payday I was awaiting anxiously).
    So is it confirmed that HSE has been affected by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

The choice of words in the news reports would lead me to suspect a hacking attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bruchan1980

I'm certainly not one for conspiracy theories. There is something that has been bouncing about in my head all day. Could UB be holding our money in their 'holding accounts'.
    The automated payments have been transferred from their various sources but at present they are in limbo, if that limbo is UB's holding accounts then it will be earning money for them (UB) and not the account holders.
    Just hope they get this matter sorted ASAP, like everyone else I've bills that need to be paid.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭rameire

BINGO

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭szjon

Hmm,
    12 million affected.

12.70 charge for each direct debit unpaid.

That's 152, 400, 000 if we had one each.

If 10% weren't to notice or bother appling for return.

Nice work if you can get it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I noticed that my weekend purchases did not show in my account on Sunday or Monday, my wife tried to use her card and Monday and its been blocked, her account has money stolen from it the previous week but it was refunded.
    If I noticed a problem on Sunday into Monday how come it took until Wednesday for UB to notice ?
    We now have very little cash and dont know what our account balances are, my wife is due to get paid overnight and she does not know if its going into her account or not.
    When I was in the branch today there was a Garda standing there because people were in going mental at the staff and demanding their money and wanted to close accounts..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

My employer and I both bank with UlsterBank, so I'm doubly fecked.

That said, I rang them this evening and they were very helpful. They apologised and said that if I go into any branch tomorrow with proof I am due to get paid (basically a pay slip) and some form of ID, they will basically give me an advance on my wages, and deduct it from my account once my wages go through (which will probably be Monday, due to be paid tonight at midnight).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement