Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Thanks everyone I went in between and pointed it as 8 coz I didn't really finish it (was too big tbh) was made with the choc sypup looking stuff

Thanks for all the replies lads 

Had a cheeky weigh this morning I've been 100% good this wk food & exercise wise and the scales so far are showing a 5lb loss (I know it can change, but still won't wipe the grin off my face im well and truly back on track!!!!!) 

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

agrif06 wrote: »
    According to ww.co.uk 80g is 4pp - medium is 155g and 9pp

thanks for that :) Love avo and 4pp for 80g isn't as bad as I thought!!!

tis my WI tonite, so toosties crossed the scales are nice.....I have had a good week and managed to do 3 walks so am hoping the scales reflect this!!! can't have a snaeky peek cause my scales died on me last week and I haven't replaced them yet!!!

KC83, you will get there, you just gotta take 1 pound at a time....set a series of small targets and you will get there goal by goal.....I find it easier to look at it that way rather than the total amout I want / need to lose!!! at the moment its getting my first silver 7!!! you will get there and feel fab when you head off on your hols.....where in SA are you going if you don't mind me asking???

oh the M&S mocha sounds yum but at 10pp :eek: I am sort of glad there isn't one near me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Good luck to everyone who has weigh in today, I'm nervous about mine after sts last week but I've been so good all week so fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

had wi yesterday evening and was down 1.5lbs :)

yesterday though i had the first really really hungry day :o I just felt starving all day :confused: hope im back to normal today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

jackmax wrote: »
    had wi yesterday evening and was down 1.5lbs :)

yesterday though i had the first really really hungry day :o I just felt starving all day :confused: hope im back to normal today!!

Well done on the loss. I get days like that too - maybe once a week & then other days I need to eat something in the evening to use up my points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Great news Jackmax :) I was the same yesterday a total starvin marvin. I think it was because it was so cold! Fortunately/ unfortunately this happened in work, I'm out at a clients in an industrial estate with the nearest shop a 15min drive away so I couldn't exactly leave so had to make do with what I had with me! Which was a banana & 2 squares of dark choc @ 10.30 & a cheese & tomato sandwich on Hovis nimble & an apple at 1. By 1.30 I was still hungry & had zero to eat so when I got home at 5.30 I had a bowl of fruit salad ( which I'd forgotten to bring for lunch!) & 1 slice of nimble toasted. Then I had dinner of chicken stirfry which I'd to bulk out with extra veg so that I wouldn't pick all evening! ;)

We all get days like that I'm just glad they're rare!

Well done on all the losses everyone & anyone who STS or was up don't lose heart you will get there! Slow & steady wins the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Baby75 wrote: »
    I am going to stick it out till the end! at least its coming off :) ps better down than up!

This sounds just like me, I am .5 down or 1 tops! It can be very frustrating but gotta keep the end goal in sight. I have 10lbs left to lose and its so frigging hard :cool:

brightstar wrote: »
    This sounds just like me, I am .5 down or 1 tops! It can be very frustrating but gotta keep the end goal in sight. I have 10lbs left to lose and its so frigging hard :cool:

I have 10lbs to go too. It seems like it will take forever to get there sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Hi All!

First WI yesterday eve and down 2lb! happy with that.
    The next week i'm going to introduce the excerise see if that helps but totm creeping in this week so fingers crossed.

Just regarding the water - should you stop drinking water heading towards WI time? Does drinking water close to WI affect it. I just have this idea in my head which could be nonsense! Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Hi All!

First WI yesterday eve and down 2lb! happy with that.
    The next week i'm going to introduce the excerise see if that helps but totm creeping in this week so fingers crossed.

Just regarding the water - should you stop drinking water heading towards WI time? Does drinking water close to WI affect it. I just have this idea in my head which could be nonsense! Anyone any ideas?

I drink 3 litres of water a day but on Tuesdays i found i was drinking none because of weight in! Then last week i realised i was going a day without water because of it! So i drank 2 litres before lunch on the day of my weigh in. The first week i did it i only lost 0.5lb but then this week i lost 2lb. I just think if it is something you do the same every week then it shouldn't affect you! It might just make a little difference the first week! Hope that all makes sense!!! :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

fofany wrote: »

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.
    It was good to read the comments and see two WW'ers who had lost weight and kept it off. Hope for us all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Down 3.5lbs at weigh in last night 1 more till my 3rd silver 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

brightstar wrote: »

it all depends on your starting number too, I started @ 17st3 or 241LBS, obviously the pounds will leave me alot easier than someone who is 11/12st

Micki wrote: »
    I drink 3 litres of water a day but on Tuesdays i found i was drinking none because of weight in! Then last week i realised i was going a day without water because of it! So i drank 2 litres before lunch on the day of my weigh in. The first week i did it i only lost 0.5lb but then this week i lost 2lb. I just think if it is something you do the same every week then it shouldn't affect you! It might just make a little difference the first week! Hope that all makes sense!!! :D

Wow 3 litres! I trying to get through 3 pints and struggling at that, end up feeling like a water balloon. Suppose i should keep trying to drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

flamelily wrote: »
    thanks for that :) Love avo and 4pp for 80g isn't as bad as I thought!!!

KC83, you will get there, you just gotta take 1 pound at a time....set a series of small targets and you will get there goal by goal.....I find it easier to look at it that way rather than the total amout I want / need to lose!!! at the moment its getting my first silver 7!!! you will get there and feel fab when you head off on your hols.....where in SA are you going if you don't mind me asking???

Thanks for that....I hope so!!!I just cant seem to get under the eleven stone mark. I could be 11.05 and put up half instead of losing!!!
    Im flying to Cape town, then no idea from there!!!Going for 3 weeks....I must book hotels soon though!! Have you ever been and like to give me advice or tips???

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Wow 3 litres! I trying to get through 3 pints and struggling at that, end up feeling like a water balloon. Suppose i should keep trying to drink it.

Yeah well i have a 1L Volvic water bottle that i fill from the water machine in work. I find it easy enough to drink it when i am sitting at my desk! I only get in 2 litres at the weekend though. I find it harder then! I gave up diet coke 3 weeks ago, was addicted to that! Feel much better now for drinking the water! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    it all depends on your starting number too, I started @ 17st3 or 241LBS, obviously the pounds will leave me alot easier than someone who is 11/12st

Thanks for that, I have never been a patient person but I will get there :D

On another note just back from wi and I am down 1lb so all good. 2.5 away from my 2nd silver seven and 9 from goal...

Good luck everyone that has wi's coming and well done to all the losses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I find a pint in the morning before I leave for work and one with the dinner in the eveining means you 'only have to drink 3-4 more in work. 2 before lunch 2 after;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

just back from WI, down 1.5lb, little disappointed as was hoping for more but its still down and I'm now just under my previous WW lowest :), and 2lb away from first stone. gonna try and be super good this week so i can get my stone before friends wedding next week which has been my target from first WI.

saying that there's a cake afternoon at work today. will have a small bit of whatever looks the best choice... I guess merange is prob best? have been good so far on points today so small slice should fit within dailies.

actually - any advice to avoid bloating etc? the dress I bought for the wedding is very figure hugging - I want the weight loss to be noticed!!! but want to be sure i'm looking as best as possible on the day - so guess drink lots of water and avoid bread/pasta (anything else?) for day or two before hand? thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I find a pint in the morning before I leave for work and one with the dinner in the eveining means you 'only have to drink 3-4 more in work. 2 before lunch 2 after;)

Right will give this a try. 2 pints down so far today, will try for 2 more before i finish work.
    Then this 2 this eve. I'll be docked money on wages for toilet breaks over the next few days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

kc83 wrote: »
    Thanks for that....I hope so!!!I just cant seem to get under the eleven stone mark. I could be 11.05 and put up half instead of losing!!!
    Im flying to Cape town, then no idea from there!!!Going for 3 weeks....I must book hotels soon though!! Have you ever been and like to give me advice or tips???

I have been to SA a few times, mostly the Durban area and was in Cape Town a few years ago with my DH. Its really beautiful, defo go up table mountain, do Robin Island (great day tour), and do a tour of the vineyards if you like wine :D there are loads of boat tours etc from the Wharf which is a nice place to spend the day as well. We hired a car and sort of drove around exploring. We stayed in Self Catering cottages in one of the Bays just outside the city and that was brilliant....eating out was really cheap and the food was really good!!!

we went to Sun City as well (short plane ride) and stayed in the national park beside it which was also brilliant!!! saw loads of animals and it was great craic.....Sun City is something to see as well....sort of Vegas with an African twist!!!

corasam wrote: »
    actually - any advice to avoid bloating etc? the dress I bought for the wedding is very figure hugging - I want the weight loss to be noticed!!! but want to be sure i'm looking as best as possible on the day - so guess drink lots of water and avoid bread/pasta (anything else?) for day or two before hand? thanks in advance!

Underwear makes all the difference. If I'm wearing a tight dress, I wear an all-in-one from M&S & it gives me a very smooth outline. After having babies, I will always have a tummy, but not when I'm wearing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Fibre! you can get soluble fibre you mix into water...i say health shop or chemist would have it..dont know what its called...but yes... plenty of water....avoid bread/pasta.

Soups and smoothies, liquid foods means food isnt sitting in your stomach/intestines waiting to pass. so gases aren't forming and making you bloat. but make sure your getting your protein...with soup add some slices of roast chicken...dip the chicken like its bread! :) and avoid salty foods.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Fibre! you can get soluble fibre you mix into water...i say health shop or chemist would have it..dont know what its called...but yes... plenty of water....avoid bread/pasta.

Soups and smoothies, liquid foods means food isnt sitting in your stomach/intestines waiting to pass. so gases aren't forming and making you bloat. but make sure your getting your protein...with soup add some slices of roast chicken...dip the chicken like its bread! :) and avoid salty foods.

oh excellent, thats just the kind of advice I was after. thanks Lady Lainy.

fofany wrote: »
    Underwear makes all the difference. If I'm wearing a tight dress, I wear an all-in-one from M&S & it gives me a very smooth outline. After having babies, I will always have a tummy, but not when I'm wearing that!

totally! got the spanks. rotten stuff but it really helps. just want to do whatever I can to help it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrregularGirl

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to this being only in my third week of Weightwatchers but today for some reason I am in a bit of a slump and am having a pretty bad day foodwise. So, I have a question for the more experienced at this than me? Should i write this day off and start afresh tomorrow? Do others have these kind of days? Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to this being only in my third week of Weightwatchers but today for some reason I am in a bit of a slump and am having a pretty bad day foodwise. So, I have a question for the more experienced at this than me? Should i write this day off and start afresh tomorrow? Do others have these kind of days? Thanks:)

NO,keep pointing no matter what you have eaten and dont start again tomorrow start again now.Forget what you have eaten so far and have a low points dinner and keep it up after that.
    You could get into a habit of doing it after every bad or if you had a few bad days in a row you will end up saying sure i will start again tomorrow or on Monday.I have been in same situation and i am sure most on here would have uttered the words 'sure i will start again on Monday'.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Hi everyone,

Don't write your day off! If you say that out loud you will allow yourself to do more and more damage. Write off whats past and move forward. There are plenty of hours left in the day so try to limit the damage to whats already done.
    We all have 'blow out' days where things just don't seem worth it but its a temporary state of mind and you will get past it. Set yourself a new mini goal and a realistic time frame and work towards it! You can do it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Just back form WI and down 3lbs:)

I have two of my mini targets

1. SIX silver 7's
    2. I have hit the 13 stone bracket

Oh happy days......:pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement