Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

DV in his Retro Jacket. 4:30pm. Upper Leeson St., junction of Waterloo Rd. stopped at the lights going town direction. I was stopped at same lights Southbound. Let a roar but fell on Beanie covered ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Planet X wrote: »
    DV in his Retro Jacket. 4:30pm. Upper Leeson St., junction of Waterloo Rd. stopped at the lights going town direction. I was stopped at same lights Southbound. Let a roar but fell on Beanie covered ears.

Ha, sorry about that, was focused on getting ahead of that silly bint in the red car who has stopped in the "bike stopping" box.

Had a great time heading into town, super tailwind.

Unfortunately I had almost gale force winds coming home, really bad around Sandyford, hard to keep the bike in a straight line at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ha, sorry about that, was focused on getting ahead of that silly bint in the red car who has stopped in the "bike stopping" box.

Had a great time heading into town, super tailwind.

Unfortunately I had almost gale force winds coming home, really bad around Sandyford, hard to keep the bike in a straight line at times.

And I think I saw you at 8:40ish on the drummartin link road near the Goat - you were heading towards Beacon, with a rucksack, old school boards jacket.... ?

Correct, that is when the wind was starting to pick up too, thank God I got home when I did because I just missed the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Jawgap this morning on the Clontarf psychlepath. Bit of company on the commute for a change...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Allow me to reciprocate......

Cdaly on the run in this morning - very pleasant few kilometers to take the minds off the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Saw someone in the old Boards Jersey cycling by the side of the Chemistry building in Trinity and then out the Lincon gate this evening about 7:45.

keenan110 wrote: »
    Saw someone in the old Boards Jersey cycling by the side of the Chemistry building in Trinity and then out the Lincon gate this evening about 7:45.

Wow, I'm famous! Please no autographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

keenan110 wrote: »

Suspect may also have been spotted wearing a dodgy looking gas mask, pedalling furiously on an ergometer in the Anatomy Department with blood dripping from his finger (no confirmation on who's blood it was).... ;)

leftism wrote: »
    Suspect may also have been spotted wearing a dodgy looking gas mask, pedalling furiously on an ergometer in the Anatomy Department with blood dripping from his finger (no confirmation on who's blood it was).... ;)

I told you, I was eating lots of steak this week! Spanish steak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

Saw one today bout 3:30 passing by the texaco station in portmarnock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Saw one (new design) for sale in cycling adverts!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

neris wrote: »
    Saw one today bout 3:30 passing by the texaco station in portmarnock

If heading towards Malahide, it may have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

2 people in new boards jerseys heading through Blessington at about 12 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

If heading towards Malahide, it may have been me.

no heading away from malahide towards the roundabout at the baldoyle road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Met Blowfish coming home this evening, just past Temple Hill. My first sighting of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Me too, except I met him in the toilets.

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Batterstown, 4pm this afternoon, heading towards Trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Group of 4, 1 with a Boards.ie jersey heading over the M50 on the N81 headed towards Spawell.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Spotted Dirk Voodoo yesterday at Leopardstown Road around 3pm, gave a beep.

• Advertisement

LastGasp wrote: »
    Spotted Dirk Voodoo yesterday at Leopardstown Road around 3pm, gave a beep.

Wine coloured volvo? Thought it might have been you alright ;)

Kinetic: That was also me today along with Joker77, godihatedehills and someother person who's name I can't quite remember (guffaw!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

Who were the two out with Orwell today? I meant to ask, but never got around to it. :$

I was one, Dirk was the other, in the second of the middle groups.
    Could've been me and some of the other orwellians spotted by kinetic also - did you notice if they were guys or girls? I was with 3 other guys, none in orwell kit. Rottenhat was with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

happygoose wrote: »
    Batterstown, 4pm this afternoon, heading towards Trim.

Think that was me - did you blow me off the road??
    It was getting pretty cold at that stage!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Spotted on skerries to balbriggan road at 11am on sat morning. I was out running and said hi

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭gerardduff

Oldie Worldie Boardsie Jersie spotted yesterdie, Saturdie, outside my house on SCR. Bearded guy looked like he'd tackle a hill without too much bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭mvt

Appearances can be deceptive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Old boards jersey on someone and Cabaal in the new one on the Barrow Wheelers 100k today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

kenmc wrote: »
    I was one, Dirk was the other, in the second of the middle groups.
    Could've been me and some of the other orwellians spotted by kinetic also - did you notice if they were guys or girls? I was with 3 other guys, none in orwell kit. Rottenhat was with me.

I recommended silver fibre gloves for constantly cold hands to one of ye, meant to post the link before now - http://www.irishraynauds.com/index.php/products/ They only take cheques though. :)

• Advertisement

ah yes, that was me, thanks!
    K

Advertisement