Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DART : Giving up seats to old ladies!!!!!!!

Options
  • 22-11-2007 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Was on the dart this morning & thought I was in the middle of a naked camera sketch.. Was reading my book & didn't notice ya auld one get on.. but the guy next to me did & immediately gave up his seat..
    It's like a library on there in the mornings.. so quiet.. and ya one is yellin at me as she's a little hard at hearing ( and has an ipod ) .. giving about about drivers.. saying she goes swimming, only needs 4 hours sleep.. I was brickin it myself to what was coming next.. people on the carriage started choking up , one lad burst out laughing.. I was there trying to keep myself together..I was the morning's entertainment and I couldnt just ignore her.. anyway...
    She continued about going to marks & spencer to get her free box of chocolates..starting showing me all these credit cards, talking about stocks, shares and she offered that I could have one of her chocolates.. meanwhile I was thinking this just can't be happening to me.. why didn't I notice her getting on , give up my seat & let the other guy have this.
    So eventually after the life story.. an offer of a lift to work and some chocolates,.. I got off.. walked up the plaform imid smiles from everyone.. Now I'd just like to crawl under a rock for the day..

no harm in her though.. but the embarrassment..

So lads & ladies.. please be kind to old ladies on dart and give up your seat or you too could be the laughing stock of Dublin!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hehehehe!!!! ah that's hilarious!!

I thought i was the only one who attracts those type of people!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

lol I think I would have just stood up and pretended to be getting off, maybe run down the platform onto another carriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Best thing to do is buy into the whole thing... be crazier than she is ... it's good fun. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭JayoCluxton

Yep I got on the ould commuter one morning - tired, pizzed off and just wanting to be a la Mae West. A few stops later a couple of American tourists got on - the usual types - quiet:rolleyes:, discreet:rolleyes:, slim assed :rolleyes::rolleyes:and wearing conservative type dress :rolleyes: - anything green and check.

Excuse me Sir - are you from Ireland?

Mumble mumble - Yea (knowing as soon as it was reluctantly out that I shoulda adopted a Polish persona for this trip - non pleeze I is Zygniek Myroslawkw from Krakow - no Engleesh).

They proceeded to quiz me about getting here, there and everywhere. A conversation peppered with "Oh My Gawd" "Awesome" "Really beautiful country" "Sooooooooooo green" "people are soooo friendly".

I was so caged and :o! People were tuned in and grinning so I couldn't sell the tourists a pup - I was representing my country - a fully fledged non-card carrying member of Bord Failte's mobile Oirish sales reps!

I did my best through gritted gums and half hearted smiles and was so relieved when they got off - with "Yooo have a really nice day now, y'hear" ringing in my awful Yank-accent abused ears.

However, to this day I wonder did they get that bus from Busaras to Kells in order to see the book they were looking for! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Yep I got on the ould commuter one morning - tired, pizzed off and just wanting to be a la Mae West. A few stops later a couple of American tourists got on - the usual types - quiet:rolleyes:, discreet:rolleyes:, slim assed :rolleyes::rolleyes:and wearing conservative type dress :rolleyes: - anything green and check.

Excuse me Sir - are you from Aihrland?

Mumble mumble - Yea (knowing as soon as it was reluctantly out that I shoulda adopted a Polish persona for this trip - non pleeze I is Zygniek Myroslawkw from Krakow - no Engleesh).

They proceeded to quiz me about getting here, there and everywhere. A conversation peppered with "Oh My Gawd" "Awesome" "Really beautiful country" "Sooooooooooo green" "people are soooo friendly".

I was so caged and :o! People were tuned in and grinning so I couldn't sell the tourists a pup - I was representing my country - a fully fledged non-card carrying member of Bord Failte's mobile Oirish sales reps!

I did my best through gritted gums and half hearted smiles and was so relieved when they got off - with "Yooo have a really nice day now, y'hear" ringing in my awful Yank-accent abused ears.

However, to this day I wonder did they get that bus from Busaras to Kells in order to see the book they were looking for! :D

Fixed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Always give up my seat for an elderly man or womon on the public transport and always will .(I have even being known to help mothers with prams ..) sniff , it's when the elderly man or womon push ya out of the way to get on ........now that's when i have an issue ....he he , :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

yes the american tourists are the best..

dun laoghaire station 5pm.. 2 middle aged american tourist ladies.. 1 points to the HSS..

Wow martha look.. it's like wow there's two yachts stuck together..

Awwwwwesome

rest of the carraige in bits..

& then there's the guy that got at 5pm at Grandcanal in hoody.. locked.. with a dunnes bag , box full of tuborg in it.. holding one can.. rest of the carraige is packed so nowherer to sit.. everytime the train moves he goes flying into someone different bounces off different people ..staggers a bit & props himself up.. happens all the way to dun laoghaire where he gets off..but leaves the empty box/cans on the dart
    priest in collars standing nearby comes over .. rugby kicks the bag/box/cans out of the doors as they about to close.. I was looking around to see if they were filming naked camera or something!!!

anyway I digress.. it's heading off topic a little

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

A person I know was on the train from Dublin to Galway. It was busy and an American couple had to split up to get seats, the man beside my friend, and his wife at the other end of the carriage. Anyway, they got talking. The yanks were trippin' around Ireland and had decided to visit Athlone, for no particular reason. My friend from Galway, who also knows Athlone quite well, got talking to the guy about the relative merits of the two places, and in a discreet and indirect manner, conveyed the impression that Galway might be a nicer place to visit. (Sorry Athlonians! Anyway this was a few years ago, when Athlone had less to offer than it does now!)

So, coming close to Athlone, the yank shouts down the length of the carriage to his missus: "Hey, honey! Don't get off in Athlone; this guy says it's a sh1thole!"

Nothing like being direct, eh? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

[QUOTE=MathsManiac;

So, coming close to Athlone, the yank shouts down the length of the carriage to his missus: "Hey, honey! Don't get off in Athlone; this guy says it's a sh1thole!"

Nothing like being direct, eh? :rolleyes

I know it's bit of topic but coming into Dublin port on the seacat once and passengers waiting patiently to embark ,This young aussie guy standing next to me say's ' Dublin , is it as durty and ****ty as i heard it is ' ? .. ....a bit taken back i replied ' jezzz mate ,either way you have come a long way to find out havent ya ? ' .....honestly some people :rolleyes:

Advertisement