Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

irishfeen wrote: »
    They should turn it on straight away, give them a ring...

Started working while I was on the phone to them, sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

danthefan wrote: »
    Started working while I was on the phone to them, sorted anyway.
    They probably re-sent the signal when you rang.

Anyone else find the graphics on Setanta (4:3 safe) very very annoying, why do they feel the need to do it when every other channel has moved to widescreen graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

irishfeen wrote: »
    Anyone else find the graphics on Setanta (4:3 safe) very very annoying, why do they feel the need to do it when every other channel has moved to widescreen graphics.

The picture quality is even more annoying!

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    The picture quality is even more annoying!
    Today I was watching from a distance so picture quality wasn't much of a problem but the graphics are as bad as thr international feed, take up half the screen and are very plain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

Bought the yearly package today, anyone know how long it should take for the channels to start working? Does the Sky box have to be plugged into the phone line for it to work?

i think on Sky it is between 1 and 24 hours. You should not have to be plunged into the phone. If it is not working turn the box off for 5 mins then turn on leaving it in stand by for 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

i think on Sky it is between 1 and 24 hours. You should not have to be plunged into the phone. If it is not working turn the box off for 5 mins then turn on leaving it in stand by for 5 mins.

Its sorted now anyway, up to 2 hours for signals to be sent.

BTW, the correct way to reset the box is to power it off, plug it out. Plug it back in, and wait 2-4 minutes for it to load up ;)

With a Sky subscription can you watch BT Sports online does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

With a Sky subscription can you watch BT Sports online does anyone know?
    No, you need to take out a separate sub with Setanta

Edit/ sorry, you said "online" but Im sure its the same.

muffler wrote: »
    No, you need to take out a separate sub with Setanta

Edit/ sorry, you said "online" but Im sure its the same.

Sorry, I was unclear.

I have Setanta and BT Sports with my Sky supscription, I was just wondering if I could access BT Sport online too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, I was unclear.

I have Setanta and BT Sports with my Sky supscription, I was just wondering if I could access BT Sport online too.
    I dont think you can but Im not 100% sure. On demand will get you a certain number of Sky channels but it wont do for Setanta/BT. As for steaming I dont think you can do this with Sky (with the exception of the on demand) even so probably a big no for the rest.

Others may be able to answer the query better than me though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

BT Sport is only available online for people with broadband from BT. In order to login you need a BT ID, and in order to get that you need a BT account number, so it's only for people with BT broadband I'm afraid, hence BT Sport is not available online in RoI.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Chris Ryan wrote: »
    I have no idea. Hopefully they forget to turn if off next week too :P

Its fixed now, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Europa League blocked again this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

lertsnim wrote: »
    Europa League blocked again this season

On UPC, ITV4 now has "Due to rights restrictions, this programme is not available in the Republic of Ireland" It was just a blank screen during last season's EL coverage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

On UPC, ITV4 now has "Due to rights restrictions, this programme is not available in the Republic of Ireland" It was just a blank screen during last season's EL coverage

to protect setanta/tv3's rights

I have itv4 on freesat, I could watch it but I won't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

BT Sport 1 and ESPN are blocked on Sky - the UPC listings have ESPN blocked but not BT Sports 1 - can anyone confirm if BTS1 was blocked on UPC ?

Yes it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

europa league ok on kabel eins on 19.2

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

kooga wrote: »
    europa league ok on kabel eins on 19.2
    But Kabel Eins is FTA?

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    But Kabel Eins is FTA?

And in German. Either way, FTA channels can't be blocked - while ITV4 is blocked on cable (as indeed it is for all sports programmes on the channel) it obviously can't be on satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Watched both game FTA on ITV4 HD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Oh! Is ITV4 HD FTA now? It has only been available with a British Sky subscription. ITV4 SD has always been FTA, but the picture quality there is worse than TV3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

itv 4 hd on fta tell me more!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

ITV HD 2,3,4 will open with an Irish card on non Sky boxes with correct software.

I can say no more.

Its against the terms and conditions of a Sky Digital subscription to use your Sky digital viewing card in anything other than a Sky Digibox, so lets end that particular line of discussion now.

I'd like to know about this FTA ITV4 HD also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

setanta sports ireland's legal uefa champions league's live streaming did not work for me last week but I have to say I was refunded my €2.99 for bayern munich v cska moscow, it will take 3 weeks

setanta sports ireland need to have an app for subscribers who don't have pay tv for their bt sports/espn/setanta sports chhannels but would like to subscribe to them legally

ftakeith wrote: »
    setanta sports ireland need to have an app for subscribers who don't have pay tv for their bt sports/espn/setanta sports chhannels but would like to subscribe to them legally

You'll be waiting a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

All this geo -blocking is a nuisance. Interesting that CL football on RTE2 was 'in the clear' last week on Sky here in NI while it was geo -blocked on NI mini-mux. Even the CL magazine programme on Saturdays is geo-blocked on mini-mux though not so via Sky.

Advertisement