Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carvery in the City Centre?!?

• 10-01-2009 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Ever since Sarsfield Bridge Hotel was closed down and Sails Cafe was done up Good Carvery's have been hard to find in the city (and with the Unicorn changing their chef or something, I'm back on the look out for a good cavery, especially in the city centre)

So I was thinking we could make a list of the places in the city that serve carvery:

Upstairs at Arthurs Quay (not exactly a carvery but same idea)
    Bobby Burns (good, but out from the main shopping district)
    The Bank (ok, but a bit of a walk just for food)
    Railway Hotel (not central, not great)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pssst...

<_<

>_>

There's a whole thread full of restaurants up there ---^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

but carvery for lunch is usually found in bars and stuff - plus i felt my question would be better answered without other conversations going on about other topics

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

the thread that An File pointed out is to condense all the "where is the best place to get *insert cuisine here*" so we didn't get threads like this so much. i don't think the mod's would be against having places that weren't neccessarily devoted restaurants in that thread so it would be more useful to people. if something isn't stickied people generally ask it again if it isn't updated for a bit and slips to page 2 or 3 of the forum.
    i felt my question would be better answered without other conversations going on about other topics
    what do you mean by that? the sticky up the top is purely an information resource so you needn't worry about OT posts i would think..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Smyths do a good carvery style dinner for €10.50, menu changes daily and it pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Clohessy's (The Sinbin) is very good and consistant. Around €11.50 for lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Smyths has been decent anytime I've had carvery there.

Advertisement