Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spot the Difference

• 24-12-2008 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Company A : Proposes moving out of the Mid-West to foreign soil for commercial & cost-saving reasons, thereby damaging the Mid-West economy.

Company B : Proposes moving out of the Mid-West to foreign soil for commercial & cost-saving reasons, thereby damaging the Mid-West economy.

For scenario B, the Government immediately whinges and tries to set plans in motion to try to persuade the company to reverse the decision, despite having no power over the company's "commercial decision".

For scenario A, the Government does SFA - despite being a major shareholder.

I'm off to put on an Alanis Morrissette track while ye fill in the company names yerselves.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can you see the difference between a hundred and several thousand jobs?

PS how about a big hallaballoo about AL coming back to Shannon. http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/1222/aerlingus.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Company A : Proposes moving out of the Mid-West to foreign soil for commercial & cost-saving reasons, thereby damaging the Mid-West economy.

Company B : Proposes moving out of the Mid-West to foreign soil for commercial & cost-saving reasons, thereby damaging the Mid-West economy.

For scenario B, the Government immediately whinges and tries to set plans in motion to try to persuade the company to reverse the decision, despite having no power over the company's "commercial decision".

For scenario A, the Government does SFA - despite being a major shareholder.

I'm off to put on an Alanis Morrissette track while ye fill in the company names yerselves.....

Jaysus, don't let the facts get in the way of a poor wind-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The difference is jobs. More jobs will be lost due to Dell both directly and indirectly.

Most people who have said boo hoo about the Heathrow connection on account of being able to travel to Gatwick or Stanstead anyway and its cheaper to connect to London from both those points of entry as well.

I have no problem driving an 2 hours to Cork airport or 2 1/2 hours to Dublin if I really want to connect to Heathrow. We dont have to, most connections can be made in Charles de Gaulle airport which we have a connection to. Im going this way to Australia next year. 1st April and now Aer Fungus has brought back its direct flight on the 29th March. Gits!!

Advertisement