Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chance of not getting into repeat

• 18-08-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Apparerntly the demand for repeating is up fairly high this year due to stuff, so i was wondering how does a school that has only 70 places allocate places when over 120+ people have applied....

Is it first come first served or do past pupils have first preference or what

Anyway should you accept what you were offered by the cao even if you dont like it just in case you cant repeat....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

kevogy wrote: »
    Apparerntly the demand for repeating is up fairly high this year due to stuff, so i was wondering how does a school that has only 70 places allocate places when over 120+ people have applied....

Is it first come first served or do past pupils have first preference or what

anyway should you accept what you were offered by the cao just in case you cant repeat....

I'd say the demand is up considerably.

I'd imagine places are allocated on the basis of an interview? (If there is one) and by that, I mean the likeliness of the applicant actually working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I wouldn't worry too much over the year you'll have alot of people dropping out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I decided to repeat last year in September, after they'd filled up all the places in the school I eventually got into.
    I rang them up and was told they wouldn't be able to take me on.
    Until I told them I'd gotten 550 that year and was trying to improve. Then they accepted me straight off :P

Just try to get in now if you can. Don't wait around for too long.
    Rant on about how much of a hard worker you are etc etc.

Advertisement