Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ok, SERIOUSLY, has it not been Thursday for at least three days now???

This is my third Wednesday in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:confused:

I have a date. The guy is bringing his friend even though my friend had to cancel because she had to work late and has an early start tomorrow.

I think this spells disaster. We are gonna go for a few beers....I'll need em!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Acoshla wrote: »
    How is she 25?

article-0-11A55B91000005DC-505_634x881.jpg

Sun damage, and lots of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'm so so excited for the class trip to weekend, going out in Galway is always brilliant. And I get to dress up lots! I'm even doing tan, normally I'm never bothered (and the bf doesn't like it).

In fact, I'm so excited that this morning I was bopping around my room to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1lI2QcMUIY

Don't judge me....:o :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sun damage, and lots of it.

Make up artist told me a few days ago that I have great skin, thank you Factor 50 and no smoking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

too early for lunch? starvin marvin over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

too early for lunch? starvin marvin over here

I'm only just having my breakfast now...completey forgot to have it this morning and then got really busy. Was just thinking was it too early for lunch when I realised I'd not eaten yet. Boiled eggs mashed with butter...nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I'm only just having my breakfast now...completey forgot to have it this morning and then got really busy. Was just thinking was it too early for lunch when I realised I'd not eaten yet. Boiled eggs mashed with butter...nyom.

Guggy eggs!!!!! om nom nom nom!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

half dayyyyy yussss

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hello loungers, how are we all?? :)

On my way home from Portlaoise. Did food shopping with my Mam. I was in the pet shop, there's a cute white kitten in there that they're trying to get a home for I think.

Going to have a hot bath when I get home. My back is sore so it might help. I'll try to finish the scarf for my bf's friend then.

Would love to be able to afford a present for my bf for Valentine's Day. Might just get him something small for him. Even though he'll kill me.

Hope all you lovely people are having a good day. :)

• Advertisement

Rant alert...I hate having flatmates. I live with 2 girls in college, and it's wrecking my head.

One of them, I just don't get on with. Not in a nasty way, but we have literally nothing in common. The other girl is a bit nicer. But they both constantly (everyday without fail) have a gang of people here in the kitchen, which is the only common area in the flat. The first girl's friends more or less ignore me, the second one's friends don't speak English when they're together.

It's frustrating as I feel I can't hang out in my own flat anymore. I haven't eaten my meals in the kitchen in weeks, and I don't feel comfortable in my own place, that I pay to live in.

Also, I've a suspicion that the first girl's friends have gotten their own keys cut for the flat, while the other leaves the door off the latch for her friends sometimes. Once it was left off the latch over night. In Dublin :(

I cleaned the kitchen floors this morning and asked people not to go in until the floors were dry. The kitchen is now full of people and the floor is filthy again. And if we had a maintenance audit now, I'd probably be fined for their mess.

This arrangement is only until June but it's so damn frustrating that my parents and I can just about pay to keep me here, and people that are here for free are more comfortable than I am in my own home.

Grr :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

A little bit random butttt

Jane and Olivia are currently my two fav girls names for the bean if it's a girl

Awwh lovely names! My friend had a baby 2 days ago and named her Lola!

I told my nan that my friend had a baby and she was like "I assume she's married"... :rolleyes:
    Older people are funny .. The things they come out with ;)

Lola is a cute name !

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ok, SERIOUSLY, has it not been Thursday for at least three days now???

This is my third Wednesday in a row.
    Please tell me today is Thursday !!!!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How is she 25?

article-0-11A55B91000005DC-505_634x881.jpg

hard to believe that it was only a few years ago she looked like this:

lindsay-lohan-mean-girls-los-angeles-premiere-arrivals-4lbqJU.jpg

she was great in Mean Girls, could have had a great career ahead of her, and now shes basically a walking "drugs are bad,m'kay?" advert. she actually looks like someone in their late 40's or early 50's now, completely unrecognisable, the perils of having fame at an early age and two scumbag parents, and friends like Paris Hilton.

Its actually scary how bad she looks now !! You would hope she could turn her life around a bit !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I HATE MY NEIGHBOURS!!!!

Today I find their kid sitting on top of my jeep and one of them sitting on my window sil looking in through the window into my bedroom!!
    God I hate living here, need to win lotto soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

bubblefett wrote: »
    I HATE MY NEIGHBOURS!!!!

Today I find their kid sitting on top of my jeep and one of them sitting on my window sil looking in through the window into my bedroom!!
    God I hate living here, need to win lotto soon :(

It is one thing I want to do in life is to live in a detached house in the country where the neighbor is down the road and not right beside me.

I am worried sick about something that is happening with a family member today, it has been a long time coming and I don't expect good news. My stomach has been in my mouth all day, I hate that feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I am worried sick about something that is happening with a family member today, it has been a long time coming and I don't expect good news. My stomach has been in my mouth all day, I hate that feeling.

Sorry to hear this Ophiopogon, hope all will be okay:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im going home to see my doggy soon yay
    he got the snip on monday and hasnt been in a good way since apparently
    not to mention he was SO depressed when i was leaving him last sunday :(:(

hm if i leave now though all the parents will be parked around the house picking up kids from the school :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It is one thing I want to do in life is to live in a detached house in the country where the neighbor is down the road and not right beside me.

I hope everything goes ok for your family member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Yay haircut! I can see again :D

Congrats on powering through V3 in just over 2 months everybody :p Had a measly 63 posts, aiming to have at least 100 this time :)

Hope everything will be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Having neighbours down the road is ahmaziiing!

Emily -- I completely understand where you are coming from with the selfish housemates, however you need to stand up for yourself.

You're not on friendly terms with the first one so you have nothing to lose. Tell her you do not want her friends there every single evening, that you're paying 1/3 rent and 1/3 bills and that you don't feel comfortable in your own home. If someone left the door on the latch in a house I lived in I'd be FREAKIN the bin omg I'd actually kill someone.

Seriously Emily - stand up for yourself. You don't need to be nasty about it but trust me, you need to be able to stand up for yourself when you're sharing with other people. There's a reason it's always your house they're in -- most likely the only housemate that isn't kicking up.

My hair looks so strange/ridiculous just flat and tied up. I had the weirdest dream last night, that my hair had turned into Afro.

Woke the boy up last night when I got out of the bath, with a big chocolate muffin and hot chocolate. Because I needed a cuddle and he wouldn't be angry if I woke him up with food :)

I love him so much :D<3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

All of my courses have groupwork which doesn't suit me too well. But I have learned that Canadians like to bring lots of donuts to group sessions :D

Yay Tim Hortons
    Do they have Krispy Kreme donuts in Canada too? I've never had a Krispy Kreme- I want one, everyone says they're yum. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lia_lia wrote: »
    There are actually tears coming out of my eyes now the pain is so bad :( Took 2 nurofen plus half an hour ago...no difference. I don't know why the dentist didn't prescribe me anything. I think she thought the packing would make the pain go right away. And it did for about 6 hours! But it's even worse than it was at the start now :(
    You poor thing, I've never had a dry socket, but can imagine the pain.

If you can - get yourself some Solpadeine - they come in three type - capsule, powder capsule (same as the plasticy looking capsules) and soluble.

They are the only painkillers that work for me, they are around €6 or €7 for a box of 24. They work quickly, usually in around 20mins for me.

There's also Solpadol, similar to Solpadeine, but much stronger.

I took the solpadol at night though because they make you very drowsy (though if you have to be up early etc, I wouldn't take them). Soldpadol is only available on prescription because they are quite strong.

I remember after having my teeth done, the surgeon had Morphine and DF118 on the list of medicines I may have need, thankfully didn't need anything. The poor woman next to me need morphine for her pain.
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Rant alert...I hate having flatmates. I live with 2 girls in college, and it's wrecking my head.

One of them, I just don't get on with. Not in a nasty way, but we have literally nothing in common. The other girl is a bit nicer. But they both constantly (everyday without fail) have a gang of people here in the kitchen, which is the only common area in the flat. The first girl's friends more or less ignore me, the second one's friends don't speak English when they're together.

It's frustrating as I feel I can't hang out in my own flat anymore. I haven't eaten my meals in the kitchen in weeks, and I don't feel comfortable in my own place, that I pay to live in.

Also, I've a suspicion that the first girl's friends have gotten their own keys cut for the flat, while the other leaves the door off the latch for her friends sometimes. Once it was left off the latch over night. In Dublin :(

I cleaned the kitchen floors this morning and asked people not to go in until the floors were dry. The kitchen is now full of people and the floor is filthy again. And if we had a maintenance audit now, I'd probably be fined for their mess.

This arrangement is only until June but it's so damn frustrating that my parents and I can just about pay to keep me here, and people that are here for free are more comfortable than I am in my own home.

Grr :mad::(
    I would speak to your flatmates about this to be honest and if they don't list/do anything, I would then speak to your landlord.

Leaving a door unsecured (at any time, let alone night) is irresponsible and dangerous.

As for their friends having keys, I would nearly bet on it that, that is breaking the lease - unless your friends have medical issues and their friends need to have keys in an emergency etc. I doubt this is the case though. Again I'd speak to your landlord and tell him/her your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear this Ophiopogon, best of luck to you and your family, I hope it's not as you expect.

I have family arriving tomorrow, three kids and two adults. The eldest of the kids is very bold and a little wild, they are meant to be staying with us, I feel stressed at the thoughts of it.

As much as I love them I know what they are like for taking over and having the kids run wild.

The two younger kids are grand though, tell them to stop and they will stop :D

Making cupcakes tonight for definite. Whoop :D

Would vanilla and cinnamon be horrible together? I was thinking of making plain vanilla, plain chocolate and vanilla and cinnamon.

Lunch now - spicy wedges, fried egg, smokey rashers, yum :D

Also got rid of a load of junk - the mammy brought it to the charity shop this morning, delighted to be rid of it. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I would speak to your flatmates about this to be honest and if they don't list/do anything, I would then speak to your landlord.

Leaving a door unsecured (at any time, let alone night) is irresponsible and dangerous.
    Yeah, I agree with all of the above. It's ridiculous behaviour, Emily. You shouldn't have to put up with this sort of crap under your own roof. :mad:

Make up artist told me a few days ago that I have great skin, thank you Factor 50 and no smoking!
    I don't smoke and always wear factor 50 on my face when I'm abroad, but not in Ireland. I must rectify this. And start moisturising more. And using that anti-wrinkle eye cream that I bought but hardly ever use.

*I'm in my VERY late twenties panic mode*

:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hope everything is okay. x
    bluewolf wrote: »
    im going home to see my doggy soon yay
    he got the snip on monday and hasnt been in a good way since apparently
    not to mention he was SO depressed when i was leaving him last sunday :(:(

hm if i leave now though all the parents will be parked around the house picking up kids from the school :rolleyes:

How come he wasn't in a good way? Hope he's feeling better now.

I'm off to see if a hot bath will do my back any good. Going to try Veet as well. Made a playlist so I won't be bored. Also bought some Lynx For Her today and I really really like it. Got some lovely purple nail polish that I'm going to put on when I get dressed. :) I'm all happy now. :D

If only I could knit in the bath.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Posy wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with all of the above. It's ridiculous behaviour, Emily. You shouldn't have to put up with this sort of crap under your own roof. :mad:

I don't smoke and always wear factor 50 on my face when I'm abroad, but not in Ireland. I must rectify this. And start moisturising more. And using that anti-wrinkle eye cream that I bought but hardly ever use.

*I'm in my VERY late twenties panic mode*
    :o:o
    The best anti wrinkle treatment is SPF. True story. If you're starting with your eye cream don't use any more than the size of a grain of rice, use for 7 nights and break for 7 nights and don't drag the skin around the eyes when you're applying it. Work from outer corner of eye to inner corner of eye.

That grain of rice is enough to come down to the cheek bone (so you're doing the entire eye scket) and never bring regular moisturiser over your cheekbone, around your eyes.

You need to take the 7 day break too so as not to overload products on the area

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is there such thing as a cake delivery service...?

Had to go home sick from work earlier, I could do with some cheering up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Zorbas

David Harvey on Classic Hits 4FM - talking on air to a woman who had been bullied because she was an albino said: "its not as if you were deformed or anything".
    I texed and emailed pointing out that his remarks indicated that it was ok to bully those who are deformed.
    He referred to my comment on air and suggested it was just PC talk without addressing the point.
    Please join me in condemming this broadcaster who will not withdraw his remark or apologise to disabled and others who he sugsts by his remarks can be bullied.

• Advertisement

Storm, Lovely Muffin and Posy, thanks for your responses, at least I know it's not a case of me fussing over nothing.

We live on campus so the college is essentially our landlord. I couldn't really complain to the residences people unless it got worse, so I'll have to have a word with them myself. The only problem is that if I ever want my bf to stay the night, I'd need the girls' written permission as we live in a single-sex apartment. Retarded, I know. But that's why I'm wary of rocking the boat.

You're right though, something has to be said. In fairness, the college is huge, there are other places they can hang out.

Thanks again girls :) This is why I love this thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement