Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm the opposite....

It trivially annoys me that annoyances have to be trivial to be posted here. I find myself wondering, "will this pass the trivial test?" and then I get anoyed thinking I can't post it because it's more than trivial :pac:

Trivially annoys me when a joke I make seems to go over people's heads :rolleyes:

Also trivially annoys me when I then wonder if their response is actually a joke that has gone over MY head... *head melts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Trivially annoys me when a joke I make seems to go over people's heads :rolleyes:

Also trivially annoys me when I then wonder if their response is actually a joke that has gone over MY head... *head melts*

Ah dont start getting all reactionary. Your joke didnt go over my head.

I do hope you have access to Ranting & Raving. If not, do that.

Will check it out. Do they judge you if your rant is too trivial though? ;)

No, they may* judge you for making massive huge assumptions and inaccurate things though :P

*Probably not

Ah dont start getting all reactionary. Your joke didnt go over my head.

Good, cos I didn't say it did :)

• Advertisement

No, they may* judge you for making massive huge assumptions though :P

*Probably not

:)

Happy Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Nope, I'm pretty sure nothing is too big or too small to have a rant about. The main rule is that you don't ever go against the rant. If you disagree with someone's rant, you keep your lips sealed and keep walking. ;)

Good, cos I didn't say it did :)

I know. You kind of....half said it ;) The "people who...." post that comes directly under and the content of which is directly related to the one above, but actually isn't technically a reply :)

I know. You kind of....half said it ;) The "people who...." post that comes directly under and the content of which is directly related to the one above, but actually isn't technically a reply :)

Nope, I said 'Trivially annoys me when a joke I make seems to go over people's heads '

Key word is 'seems'.

Regardless of whether or not the joke did go over someone's head, when the response to a joke suggests that it might have done, it trivially annoys me.

On a seperate note, I have literally no idea what you're talking about about any post that says 'people who' as none of my posts said that, or what 'is directly related to' is about....

The stream of people walking past between five and half five.... Bye! Bye! Have a good evening! ok yeah...bye ..... see ya..... bye........

....enjoy the weekend...... byeeeeeee

The same stream that walks past in between nine and nine fifteen in the morning..... Moooorning! Good weekend? Greeeeat to be back! Morning! Hiya!!!! Monday again!!! Raining out there now! Hiya.....

• Advertisement

Nope, I said 'Trivially annoys me when a joke I make seems to go over people's heads '

Key word is 'seems'.

Regardless of whether or not the joke did go over someone's head, when the response to a joke suggests that it might have done, it trivially annoys me.

Ah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Nope, I'm pretty sure nothing is too big or too small to have a rant about. The main rule is that you don't ever go against the rant. If you disagree with someone's rant, you keep your lips sealed and keep walking. ;)

That's what I really like about the Ranting and Raving forum. Plus there are great laughs to be had. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People's over reliance on their phone. I see people now who can't hold a conversation any more. Looking at the phone every 30 seconds.
    People putting their whole lives on Facebook. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When people say " I will catch you up" WTF!!

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People's over reliance on their phone. I see people now who can't hold a conversation any more. Looking at the phone every 30 seconds.
    People putting their whole lives on Facebook. Cop on.

Urgh this so much :( Not unrelated to people who are more concerned with taking photos of themselves to load up onto facebook to show they had a great night instead of just being concerned with having a great night.

...and people who take photos of their fodo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The stream of people walking past between five and half five.... Bye! Bye! Have a good evening! ok yeah...bye ..... see ya..... bye........

....enjoy the weekend...... byeeeeeee

The same stream that walks past in between nine and nine fifteen in the morning..... Moooorning! Good weekend? Greeeeat to be back! Morning! Hiya!!!! Monday again!!! Raining out there now! Hiya.....

I'm the opposite - i walk in and say good morning to all 4 in the office at the same time. Get nothing/or a grunt back and that's it. Find that annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Urgh this so much :( Not unrelated to people who are more concerned with taking photos of themselves to load up onto facebook to show they had a great night instead of just being concerned with having a great night.

...and people who take photos of their fodo :(

Fodo?

Mrs E and I got a chance of a couple of days away there last week, and we noticed that carry on while we having a pint in the hotel. Couples all over the place with their heads stuck in a phone, and kids with them using tablets.....nobody saying a word. Odd, very odd.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite - i walk in and say good morning to all 4 in the office at the same time. Get nothing/or a grunt back and that's it. Find that annoying :(

I'll say hello to you next time! But don't tell the others :P

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Fodo?

Mrs E and I got a chance of a couple of days away there last week, and we noticed that carry on while we having a pint in the hotel. Couples all over the place with their heads stuck in a phone, and kids with them using tablets.....nobody saying a word. Odd, very odd.

Food, sorry :) Though I'm pretty sure taking photos of your fodo can lead to some serious indecent exposure allegations :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If your Youtube video tells me to "Not click that Skip Button" I'll skip your advert instantly, now f**k off telling me what to do, it might work on the unwashed brain dead masses but not me. Still haven't watched House of Cards, couldn't give a f**k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Spending ages on Netflix looking for something to watch, then just giving up because you're too tired...

Feels like I'm paying 7 quid to exercise my fingers each weekend.

(sounds durty! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Anton Savage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Cormac... wrote: »
    If your Youtube video tells me to "Not click that Skip Button" I'll skip your advert instantly, now f**k off telling me what to do, it might work on the unwashed brain dead masses but not me. Still haven't watched House of Cards, couldn't give a f**k

Works on the great unwashed, but not clever Cormac.

Thinkin' you're gonna get the sex, and then not getting it.

Stephen King 'build-ups'... so effin tedious.

Breakfast radio. Cept IvanYeats and the other fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Works on the great unwashed, but not clever Cormac

Well yeah...... cause some people will do what they are told. People like Darren Brown have made careers on it. Not to mention sleazy pickup artists.
    You'd be surprised at the effect saying "Don't do that"/"Do That" can have on people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

"Sorry, bus full"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

really loud people.. I mean people who don't necessarily shout but their voice pierces your eardrums. ordering a sandwich hear and I'm actually wincing with her voice resonating around the counter :-/

everlast75 wrote: »
    really loud people.. I mean people who don't necessarily shout but their voice pierces your eardrums. ordering a sandwich hear and I'm actually wincing with her voice resonating around the counter :-/

Or people who talk really loudly to you for the benefit of others. I've an "acquaintance" like this, who is nice and quiet and softly spoken when it's just us but as soon as we are in a crowd/on the street/in a shop together she starts screeching stupid things that she thinks make her look cool....in an American accent! You can hear her all over the place and the whole thing is hugely embarrassing for me. Oh and trivially annoying too, just in case ;)

People (woman aged 15-25 are the worst offenders) who say, "that's so random" - :( STRANGE! The word you're looking for is STRANGE!

People (woman aged 15-25 are the worst offenders) who say, "that's so random" - :( STRANGE! The word you're looking for is STRANGE!

but... random in that context doesn't necessarily mean 'strange'? :p

• Advertisement

"Sorry, bus full"

:(

:( Used to happen to me when I lived near the city centre. I'd walk home from work but was never in the mood for walking in the morning so would try to get a bus about 4 stops from town. The feckers would always be full and I had this irrational hatred for those already on it. In a weird way, I think my unreasonable sub-conscience actually wanted them to get off and let me on because they had taken it so far already and really should give someone else a go :o The unreasonableness of that anger was also a source of trivial annoyance. Oh those hazy days...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement