Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I have seen quite a lot of negative online reaction to Season 7 as a whole, from fans and even some queens, so I'm sure some of it has gone noticed by Ru and Logo/WoW.

Apart from a few stylistic changes, I honestly think it's just down to a bad selection of queens. No personalities, no stand-out looks, no real funny moments so far, so serious shade, no likable characters... in their own way, they are all a bit...

tumblr_nkz3ts537C1qlvwnco1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Here's my 2 cents.

I think with other seasons you had a lot of progression and development from the queens. Ones like Phi Phi and the likes naturally fell into the bitchy role. Sharon, Adore naturally fell into the underdog etc. No one had a "gameplan" per say. I just watched the Season 4 reunion and most of them comment on how they were surprised how they were shown on the television. Now you have the likes of Violet coming in and already "has it all sussed out" on what role she'll be, what she'll be and how she'll act. Sasha even said in her opening she knows exactly how to win (clearly not...) IT all feels like they've all been brought in for specifics and there's no expectation that they'll be any different at the end.

And in each season you had natural, polished talent like Chad and Bianca to compare the rest with. I really think the only reason Ginger looks so well is in comparison to all the gimmickry of the challanges is the lack of talent present. If she were on another season she'd be slated for her runway looks. So there's no memorable skill shown as of yet. Not much glamour. Just seems like a load of goof. Most of the older queens who have experience are the worst?! Which given the challanges and assignments is not really helping them either tbh...

I think if they were to bring back a bit of the "production" and scripting it would have been a bit better. I understand that they have to change it up to be fresh but they really sacrificed a lot of memorable moments. Untucked is going for the "free and easy mode" but it's still coming across very scripted what with the camera men being shown and what not. So the idea was nice but the execution terrible because it's nice to see the natural side of things but at the cost of sheer entertainment? Right now I couldn't think of one or two one liners or any shadey wit from this season. Past seasons have influenced my ***ing English for Christ sake xD! (Oooooohhhkaaaaaay?)

And yeah it's true, if the show was terrible we wouldn't all be waiting for the streams to come on. And I am enjoying it. But there's still a little bit of disappointment because the show is held in such high regard. Snatch game and the likes will be the true testament I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I just want the library to hurry up and open.

In response to the general vibe of this being poorly cast. The cynical side of me is going to suggest that perhaps that was the intention. It is possible that Ru/Logo/WoW have decided that this year a big girl is going to win so they put in 2 big girls who could take the crown. Jaidynn is very likeable and since her mini breakdown has been turning it out (plus Ru loves all that "journey" bollocks) and Ginger, despite how some find her shady, has been portrayed since day 1 as one of the strongest.

Looking through who's left I really cant pick another winner among them. I know some people love Pearl and Max but aside from the runways (which are sickening) I don't see them winning.

And sure since i'm here I may as well give my take on the elimination this week. Annoyed doesn't even come close to how i'm feeling. Yes, based on that particular challenge she deserved to be in the bottom but she should not have went against someone who barely even performed in the lip synch. I think Ru felt personally let down by Trixie as she commented that Trixie had the funniest audition tape she had seen but wasn't bringing that to the show so when Trixie fell into the bottom 2 she just let her sashay away because she was pissed with her. Well that's just my opinion anyway.

• Looking through who's left I really cant pick another winner among them. I know some people love Pearl and Max but aside from the runways (which are sickening) I don't see them winning.

Pearl's runways are slaying me every week but I do agree with the challenges she's not coming out of her shell. I just hope that being in the bottom two lights a spark for her because I can see so much potential. I'm not sure what it is that has her holding back.
    Anyway my point was supposed to be that Max is slaying all the challenges (imo) and is coming off well in terms of personality. Her runway looks are very Raja to me and she is one of the strongest in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Y'all better not start hatin' on my girl Ginger - she is maaaah Qweeen!

Anyone else think a UK version of RPDR would be crap, just because transatlantic crossovers rarely if ever work?

• Advertisement

• Y'all better not start hatin' on my girl Ginger - she is maaaah Qweeen!

Anyone else think a UK version of RPDR would be crap, just because transatlantic crossovers rarely if ever work?

I'm not denying her talent but her two faced personality is bothering me - either admit you're reading bítches or stop reading them.

I'd be excited to see it. The could have the token Irish queen on similar to the Peurto Rico queens :P I'd love to see how the style of the runway looks and comedy changes between the two regions.

Ginger is still my favourite queen and rooting for her all the way. I don't really think she's being shady at all I think she's just honest. I've never disagreed with any of her criticisms of the other girls and she does still try to be nice about it unlike Kennedy and Violet who just read people

I think if there was a UK version, some of the queens would behave/talk like the US ones do, probably because they have picked up sayings and the likes from watching the US version and I don't think it would come across as genuine. It may work OK as a one off series, but I don't think it could sustain itself and it wouldn't last. They could however do a pan-European one or something like that.

That new parody for Episode 3 is up btw! Equally as funny, if I can track down the link I'll post them all up for you guys.

Was at BenDeLaCreme on Friday night and my goodness she was AMAZING! I've only Alyssa to compare with, but DeLa done twice as many numbers and for the photo op she was the friendliest person you'd expect. Even after the show she came over to have a chat with us. A proper A+ performer. Even gave a little shout out to the marriage ref.

Yes, please post the link for episode 3!

• Advertisement

Hope they stay up this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Oh boy, these are amazing! :D They're actually way more entertaining than the real thing at the moment...

And there might be a few Season 7 queens coming to Dublin soon!

If the Reddit rumours are to be believed, I am delighted said queen shall be leaving next episode! :D

• Ash885 wrote: »
    And there might be a few Season 7 queens coming to Dublin soon!

If the Reddit rumours are to be believed, I am delighted said queen shall be leaving next episode! :D

Victoria Secret is in talks with s7 queens for June (Pride) and September Dragged Up shows.

• Really happy with this weeks episode. Feels like the show is back up to standard with other seasons now and I hope it continues like this.
    The Queen who left was nothing special :D

Not sure I was happy with that final elimination call. The queen who left did a great challenge. The queen who stayed is just living on borrowed time - she has nothing interesting to deliver and is guaranteed to leave next. Clear winner of this episode though was Pearl.

Two weeks in a row I think that Ru made the wrong choice after the lip-sync.

The eliminated queen may not have been much, but she certainly performed better in the challenge and had the better lip-sync.

On a plus point, this episode was actually enjoyable and felt more like a previous season episode than a muddle that the first 4 have felt like.

Also, why was Kathy Griffin there for all of 5 seconds and then not on the judging panel at the end. Only 4 judges which looked weird with Ru not being in the middle. Wonder why that happened?

Said queen I read the rumours about didn't leave, so that was unexpected! And I even liked them in this one.

Sad at the decision in the end and as above has said, surviver is living on borrowed time unless some sort of personality transplant happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Anyone else feel that whole thing between Ru and Pearl was completely staged?

• Advertisement

The scripted/fake drama they couldn't put in Untucked may have been added to the main show.

We all know the only reason Pearl was kept was because she can 'grow' as a person and be an emotional hook for viewers. I don't even think she should have won this weeks main challenge. I thought other queens were funnier and put on a better performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It was a great episode, seems to have found it form now. Finally. I wasn't happy with the choice of who to send home, really liked that queen and the one who stayed has zero to offer. What is Ru thinking?

I loved Pearl before this episode but after watching that and the grossly over-stagedness of it all....smeh. Same goes for Ru if I'm honest. I'm not liking this "feisty" RuPaul. I really could have done without that whole scene if I'm honest.

And Kasha had a point. They are always preaching how Queens should be the best of the best on the show, but how can you not nail someone for being that way and then all is forgiven when they "wake up?". It's baffling really.

I think Ru is engineering the show to get a Ginger win or possibly Jayden, she definitely wants a big girl in the top 3. I think Ru said the top 3 would surprise us this year, rather than the winner, so perhaps the 3 most liked queens at the moment (Max, Ginger and Fame/Pearl going by online) may not even make it to the final. Or it's Ginger, Jayden and Max or something, with everyone expecting Violet to get there automatically and not!

Does anyone know how to watch Untucked on Youtube? I really wish I didn't have to go downloading it when it's free to stream.

1) Download the Hola extension for your browser and set your location to the US.

or

2) Search Google for "watch US Youtube videos outside US" and it should give you some sites that let you enter the URL of the video and they play it for you through a proxy.

Phi Phi put on Facebook earlier that she heard Fame say something like she reacted just as badily to Kasha's video last week. Meaning there's videos for Untucked we're not seeing. Bit disappointed that the "unedited" raw suff we're getting is just as edited really as before.

There are extra snippets that aren't getting uploaded to YouTube, they are on the Logo app I think. They are available to download on the torrent sites though.

I don't really bother with Untucked now. I find it boring being "real". I used to complain about how badly edited it used to be in th elounges, but I miss it like that and actually prefer it to how it is now. It's like a completely different show, and one I am not interested in watching.

Paddy C wrote: »
    There are extra snippets that aren't getting uploaded to YouTube, they are on the Logo app I think. They are available to download on the torrent sites though.

I don't really bother with Untucked now. I find it boring being "real". I used to complain about how badly edited it used to be in th elounges, but I miss it like that and actually prefer it to how it is now. It's like a completely different show, and one I am not interested in watching.

Well this week has some of the old touches back with the surprise Skype message from home.

Honestly, as much as I like the eliminated queen I think Ru made the right call. The other queen did perform the lipsynch better. But I do think she will be sashaying away within the next ep or so.

And is it just me or does Jaidynn get better every week? Starting to think Ginger needs to watch her back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Paddy C wrote: »

okay VIOLET :D

Advertisement