Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SWTOR: Basilisk Droid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I played for an hour last night (Porthos), my problem has been that my game hasn't worked for the guts of two weeks (since 1.1) but I managed to sort it two days ago so I should be able to play from now on, maybe a couple of hours a night.

I think I saw 3 guildies online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dustaz wrote: »
    give us a shout in dramattic, loads of us can invite

I was in Honour Guard, but quit at 50 because of how quiet it is. Gave a lad named Flowje in Dramattic a shout about possibly joining and he said that they like to keep the guild count low...Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

He probably didnt realise you were irish.

If anyone wants to join, give me (dustaz) or Escape, Shadows, Flowtje a shout, identify yourself as irish from boards and we can invite.

Our raid roster is pretty full so we cant guarentee a raid spot at the moment, but its handy to have a guild while levelling and for pvp and heroic dailys.

btw, what are your in game names? Ill look for you guys when im online (im online now, dunno if you guys are)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My character is Waari. Can I join the guild?

• Advertisement

yeh, just drop any of those people (Dustaz, Enbee, Escape, Shadows, Flowtje) a whisper and we'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

btw, what are your in game names? Ill look for you guys when im online (im online now, dunno if you guys are)
    Brainfeck is my gamertag

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Look at Dustaz crumbling to boards pressure?!?!?!?

In fairness be grand to get more people into the guild to have a larger roster for running flashpoints etc.

And come 2013 when I git 50 you should all be on your 6th alts so I can join in

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

TheDoc wrote: »
    Look at Dustaz crumbling to boards pressure?!?!?!?

In fairness be grand to get more people into the guild to have a larger roster for running flashpoints etc.

why doc? you afraid some boards players are actually better players than you and you wont get a raid spot?

Omphin wrote: »
    why doc? you afraid some boards players are actually better players than you and you wont get a raid spot?

By the time he actually gets 50, so many people will have drifted away frmo the game hell be fine for a raid spot :P

• Advertisement

Omphin wrote: »

Thats a bit cheeky isnt it?

I'm not 50 cause the game is bollox, smplz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Feels like kotor3, a single player RPG, and to be fair a good one.
    I'm not 50 cause the game is bollox, smplz

Comments posted 45 seconds between each other. You are a mercurial fellow Doc! :p

Leave him alone anyway. Some people level faster than others.

yah oomphin, leave doc alone, hes ours to mock!

Are you guys raiding yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Are you guys raiding yet?
    At the minute the plan is to do a couple of joint raids with Diskey Whisco, starting in normal EV this Sunday.

It basically gives both guilds a chance to get a few runs under their belt while building up/fleshing out full raid teams of their own.

You'll fly through it, just expect bugs :)

Heres a good example. After doing puzzle boss in EV 3 times with no problem, last night it bugged out for no apparent reason. We reset it and did it again. Again, bugged out (buttons became unclickable). Exit area, reset, same thing. and AGAIN. At this point we get a bit annoyed and off to the forums we go. Apparently in hard and nightmare you HAVE to solve North, South, South and then North or the thing completely freaks out and becomes bugged. Now this could be intended but there is absolutely no indication that you must solve in this order so we assume its a bug.

1 plus side from all this is that we figured we would give it a try nightmare mode to see if it worked and realised that its absolutely zero difference from hard mode and neither is the council boss.

So yeh, were 2/6 nightmare now :)

Kirby wrote: »
    Comments posted 45 seconds between each other. You are a mercurial fellow Doc! :p

Leave him alone anyway. Some people level faster than others.

Thats cheeky too!

I'm perfectly competant at levelling

SWTOR just breaks the mould and just stops me from getting into long grinds with so much downtime hitting spacebar

The one big thing this game claimed would be epic has for me being its biggest turn off, I've gone completely off quest cut scenes

Class quests sure, side quests, get ****ed

Thats cheeky too!

I'm perfectly competant at levelling

SWTOR just breaks the mould and just stops me from getting into long grinds with so much downtime hitting spacebar

The one big thing this game claimed would be epic has for me being its biggest turn off, I've gone completely off quest cut scenes

Class quests sure, side quests, get ****ed

Obviously there are some "go collect 15 basilisk husks" and you don't care about that.

But each zone has its own "class quest" though. Some of them are really interesting. If you finish it you get access to a bonus series that has good gear. Hoth's "bane sqaudron" was pretty cool. You are missing out by just space barring through it.

I think what he's saying is that he watches the class quest storylines and spacebars everything else. Which is pretty much what i ended up doing post tatooine.
    I watched my classquest dialogues, I generally paused enough to get the gist of the main planet questlines by scanning the subtitles and 100% lightspeed spacebarred everything else. They really do get in the way of the "right, ill do this section now" grind.

sidenote, do you have to finish both class and main planet questlines to access the bonus series or is it just the class line?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I think what he's saying is that he watches the class quest storylines and spacebars everything else. Which is pretty much what i ended up doing post tatooine.
    I watched my classquest dialogues, I generally paused enough to get the gist of the main planet questlines by scanning the subtitles and 100% lightspeed spacebarred everything else. They really do get in the way of the "right, ill do this section now" grind.

sidenote, do you have to finish both class and main planet questlines to access the bonus series or is it just the class line?

Couldnt agree with this more, i think i have had my fill of the dialogue on quests. I generally would be interested if it had some impact on the story (some of the things you do on side quests are huge) but it doesn't so whats the point. I will sometimes listen to the quest if it has an interesting story arch but normally i will blast my way through and only pay attention to the storyline.

No, to get the bonus series all you have to do is do the main quest line for the zone.

Some zones like alderaan, belsavis, and hoth have bonus series that you return to do at a higher level but you can pick up most bonus series straight away....usually on the orbital station or near the main hub of the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Yeah it's the main zone quest you need to complete. I just went through Balmorra on my Sorc and completed the Bonus Series. On my BH I never got access to it because I done a lot of space missions, flashpoints and PVP to the point I felt I had out leveled the zone and just completed my class quests rather then the green zone quests. Some good gear upgrades, money and a free level of XP for it as well. It's allowing me just focus on my class quest on the next planet now so every 2nd planet I will probably do the bonus series if I can.

I stopped bothering with them about halfway through. Did the belsavis and hoth ones with some of the lads. Guess ill go back and do them if i need money at any point.

The first bonus series I did was on Tatooine, is there one you can do before that?

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The first bonus series I did was on Tatooine, is there one you can do before that?

Balmorra, Nar shaddaa, Tatooine, Alderaan, Taris, Hoth, Voss and finally Belsavis all have bonus series.

Some like Balmorra and tatooine can be done straight away while other like Alderaan and Belsavis, you return to later.

Oops seems I missed a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cinnamono

Crazy, made a character on this server a few days ago. I log into the game yesterday at noon to find 300 people on the Imperial Fleet. On my main characters server there are never more than 50 on the Republic Fleet. What an inbalance.

Dawn Herald and Diskey Whisco did a joint Eternity Vault yesterday.

4/5 bosses down. We had to stop on the last guy with the platforms as one of our healers lagged out and you can't heal 7 people with 1 healer.

Still, pretty good for a first try. :)

cinnamono wrote: »
    Crazy, made a character on this server a few days ago. I log into the game yesterday at noon to find 300 people on the Imperial Fleet. On my main characters server there are never more than 50 on the Republic Fleet. What an inbalance.
    Theres probably 300 people on your servers imperial fleet. BD's republic fleet averages about 100 people or so.

Theres generally a massive imbalance across all servers towards imps simply because sith and bounty hunters are cooler than jedis and troopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

cinnamono wrote: »
    Noon at the weekend tends to be the busiest time on the fleet. It's largely due to the dailies resetting at 12GMT, hence everyone pops to the fleet to pick them up. By about 11.45 the PvP terminals in particular end up crowded to the point that you can't click on the vendors beside them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cinnamono

Theres generally a massive imbalance across all servers towards imps simply because sith and bounty hunters are cooler than jedis and troopers.

Well Bioware clearly spent way more time on them. My Jedi Consulars armors are so crap, even the Raid ones are just so grey and bland. The Sith Sorcerer on the other hand, theirs are awesome. Plus their attacks and powers look way cooler.

Advertisement