Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fender amp

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Quality amp for clean and a bit of distortion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

yeah very resonable price too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

i dont wana be buttin in but could any of you lot give me ur opinion on tis amp?
    http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_fender_blues_junior_prodinfo.html

btw i saw that amp in goodwins on caple street! meant to try it but never got around to it:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The Blues Junior is an absolutely class amp, great little package.
    The 15 watts is more than enough for any gig with a decent P.A, kinda makes me regret getting the Deluxe.

im just anxious bout the fact i only play a bit of blues but play more classic/hard rock! would it still suite? also all teh reviews are by people wit single coil guitars and i have a gibson sg which has humbuckers! just wana make sure it suits my style cause its costly enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I'd say it'd still suit ya, but only really if a small amp is what you're looking for. I know alot of folk on this board would reccomend ENGL amps for your style so maybe you should check one out. You can try them in Instrumental on the Quays. **** shop but at least you can try one on for size.

Give the Blues Junior a whirl too.

yeh i just rang waltons and they have one so i mite go in and check it out! she told me it was 750 over the phone and my jaw dropped:P it only 500 on the net!
    see i need an amp that can hold its own in a band yet still be quiet enough to play at home at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

For a gig a 15Watt amp would probably need to be miced through the PA.
    For simplicity at practice where you might be dragging amps in and out and you dont want the hassle of micing up an amp (decent mic will cost another E70-E100) then a bigger amp is more practical in my opinion.

I imagine it sounds good though...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

"11-08-2006 02:14
    fish-head The Blues Junior is an absolutely class amp, great little package.
    The 15 watts is more than enough for any gig with a decent P.A, kinda makes me regret getting the Deluxe. "

Is that the hot rod deluxe you're referring to?

Advertisement