Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Did you know 12% don't turn up. That's disgraceful. I was waiting 60 weeks for my test. Thank God I passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Just passed my test (in the UK). I'm over the moon.

Started learning at home (Dublin) but didn't have chance to sit test, so took the chance of doing it while living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Passed this morning, 3rd time lucky! Tbh I think it really makes a huge difference who you get, the first time I wasn't far off but a combination of nerves and not having been driving long meant I made some mistakes I normally wouldn't. The second time it was just a w***er of a tester, I passed even with a strict examnier (my teacher saw me on the way) today and I have to say my drving is no better now than it was 4 months ago, it just takes a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Passed today in Wicklow - my first attempt.

Absolutely over the moon as I've had a mental block about driving for years - ever since I let the handbrake off my dad's milk float as a young fella :o

Tester made a big difference - he was very professional and courteous and made me feel at ease from the start.

Got one grade one and three grade faults.

One very happy camper here!

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

passed first time in naas after taking 3 pretests from naas driving school.
    i got 2 grade two faults, one in progress on moving off and one for position following traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

passed first time in naas
    Congratulations wheresthebeef!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

passed today in raheny :)
    woooo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Passed today in Limerick on fiirst attempt after 7 months driving. After practicing the 2 routes to death, they pull out a new route this week. 2 grade 1s and 5 grade 2s but who cares now :)

Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ Fair play

I also passed in Limerick today at the dock road centre on my 1st try, and im a 17 year old male making it all the better
    6 grade 2's which not being cocky but I dont feel I deserved that many, the guy tried hard to fail me like.

All the same over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Passed my driving test Yesterday at North Point Test centre, over the moon. First time I appeared in last February 2007, but failed miserably with more then 20+ grade 2 errors. This time took pre test lessons from Temple school of motoring. It helped me to identify the bad driving habits I have. This time I have 8 grade 2 errors (close shave). :D;)

• Advertisement

Congratulations MySelf56 and safe motoring! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Passed my driving test yesterday at the first attempt. Was very nervous as most are but once I got on the road I was fine

Added bonus that my gf passed yesterday too and we both had the same examiner and he was grumpy!

But we dont care! :D

Passed my driving test yesterday at the first attempt. Was very nervous as most are but once I got on the road I was fine

Added bonus that my gf passed yesterday too and we both had the same examiner and he was grumpy!
    Congratulation to both of you. well done. :)

(How did you both manage to get called on the same day - coincidence?)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

We both sent our applications off the same day. We didn't think we would get the test the same day though!

We both sent our applications off the same day!
    Ahh, true love indeed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Passed today , Second attempt , not a single mark - the tester said I should frame it :D

Passed today , Second attempt , not a single mark - the tester said I should frame it :D
    That is unusual - well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deebert

Passed yesterday in Clonmel on first attempt. Got two grade ones for the questions before i even left the office and another grade one for not pulling close enough to a stop line but hey i passed!

deebert wrote:
    Passed yesterday in Clonmel on first attempt. Got two grade ones for the questions before i even left the office and another grade one for not pulling close enough to a stop line but hey i passed!
    Congratulations deebert :).

(When I read your post on the other thread, I was wondering if you did!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Passed first time this morning in Deansgrange. Got a few Grade 1s but t'was all in good fun :)

• Advertisement

Waltons wrote:
    Passed first time this morning in Deansgrange. Got a few Grade 1s but t'was all in good fun :)
    Congratulations Waltons - safe motoring! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

WOOOO!

Passed today first time! Churchtown/Rathgar at 11:05.

I am so over the moon, i got the NICEST tester ever! He made me feel alot more calm about the whole thing and was generally just a nice guy.

I got 8 Grade 2's... That right, 1 more and i would have failed. It was so close but a pass is a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

Passed early this morning in Tralee, second time around.. delighted!!:D

Mikeyt086 wrote:
    Passed today first time! Churchtown/Rathgar at 11:05
    Seinas wrote:
    Passed early this morning in Tralee
    Congratulations lads. Well done. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Passed this morning in Churchtown. Thought I had seriously screwed up on a couple of occassions (was in the wrong lane etc) and was sure I'd failed. Ended up with 3 grade 2's and 1 grade 1. I am over the ****ing moon! :D Second test too.

feylya wrote:
    Passed this morning in Churchtown. Thought I had seriously screwed up on a couple of occassions (was in the wrong lane etc) and was sure I'd failed. Ended up with 3 grade 2's and 1 grade 1. I am over the ****ing moon! :D Second test too.
    Congratulations feylya - well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just passed in Churchtown. 5 grade 2's and 1 grade 1. Happy days. Nice tester too so that always helps.

Did you have a really old gentleman tester besty? Just wondering if it was the same guy as me yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

feylya wrote:
    Did you have a really old gentleman tester besty? Just wondering if it was the same guy as me yesterday.

'Old' ones at Churchtown (although they wouldn't like to hear that !) could be:-
      Colin Larkin - ### Nice 'The Farmer' - VERY artritic legs but nice A newish one with very grey hair also nice

Any idea who?

BUt well done on passing, you deserve it.

• Advertisement

I don't think it was the farmer as he was able to walk ok although the name certainly could describe him. I should have just read the signature on the competency cert. If it helps, he writes very slowly and very precisely.

Advertisement