Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Stand - BF4 DLC

Options
  • 23-11-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭

Anyone else playing this since it recently released?

I'm loving it so far and nearly have the assignments done already. Best DLC of the lot and running really smoothly for me.

This forum seems very quiet. Any got any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Played it last night for an hour or two its good but the maps are massive in conquest large, like properly massive which can lead you having to hotfoot it for ages across open terrain if there are no vehicles around which for some reason happened a lot to me last night. I had a few decent rounds but there was a lot of times where i felt like i was in a running simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

allybhoy wrote: »
    Played it last night for an hour or two its good but the maps are massive in conquest large, like properly massive which can lead you having to hotfoot it for ages across open terrain if there are no vehicles around which for some reason happened a lot to me last night. I had a few decent rounds but there was a lot of times where i felt like i was in a running simulator.

I was saying exactly the same thing the other night. The maps themselves are quite good but there's a huge shortage of transport vehicles. I don't want more choppers or tanks or LAVs, just basic quad bikes to get around. Spent far too long running between flags for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I love it, rush and CQ are brilliant. I don' mind the map size, see no problem with maps where the kill per minute is less than one...slower pace makes a change and means you shouldnt disregard the vehicles as easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

mozattack wrote: »
    I love it, rush and CQ are brilliant. I don' mind the map size, see no problem with maps where the kill per minute is less than one...slower pace makes a change and means you shouldnt disregard the vehicles as easily

yeah i like the map size. The RORSCH sniper is class and using it on hardcore is the best. Easy enough to get it too. The anticipator is a bit useless unless on hardcore but the new hover tank is cool.

I like the way on Hammerhead they have the 2 choppers in areas where you need to run to get them. Makes it a lot easier for people who actually want the heli's and not just use them because they were available after they'd died.

The hanger is cool and I like the fire engine thing. Giants of (something) is also good but very big so you would want a vehicle.

Rush is my fav gamemode but had great fun on conquest large mainly with the choppers or the rorsch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    yeah i like the map size. The RORSCH sniper is class and using it on hardcore is the best. Easy enough to get it too. The anticipator is a bit useless unless on hardcore but the new hover tank is cool.

I like the way on Hammerhead they have the 2 choppers in areas where you need to run to get them. Makes it a lot easier for people who actually want the heli's and not just use them because they were available after they'd died.

The hanger is cool and I like the fire engine thing. Giants of (something) is also good but very big so you would want a vehicle.

Rush is my fav gamemode but had great fun on conquest large mainly with the choppers or the rorsch.

The rorsh Is overpowered one shot kill on heli come on, not like rpg where it takes skill/luck to do

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    The rorsh Is overpowered one shot kill on heli come on, not like rpg where it takes skill/luck to do

It's a one shot mobility hit, not necessarily a one hit kill. Having to charge it up before shooting, the massive blue vapour trail and noise, on top of the 2.5/3 second reload. Pretty balanced to me. What about the .50 Cal semi auto snipers? Much higher damage per second output with an actual magazine.

It's a one shot mobility hit, not necessarily a one hit kill. Having to charge it up before shooting, the massive blue vapour trail and noise, on top of the 2.5/3 second reload. Pretty balanced to me. What about the .50 Cal semi auto snipers? Much higher damage per second output with an actual magazine.

It may be mobility but what ever force multiplier is on it the choppers do a flip and bang dead, you don't have a chance

And snipers unless you stop they would be very lucky to get you

It may be mobility but what ever force multiplier is on it the choppers do a flip and bang dead, you don't have a chance

And snipers unless you stop they would be very lucky to get you

I know it's not ideal, but running Gyro-Stabilizer on the choppers gives you enough control to retreat or repair

everything takes skill or luck just to a diff degree. There's only 1 or 2 of them on the map so it's not like everyone running around with them.

The gunner in the attack heli's would be a lot easier to get kills than the rorsch in a game so i don't see the big deal. Most hits I get on a heli won't destroy it or kill the pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yankdotcom

i got a quad kill on a transport heli with it (tried to link the video but boards wont let me because im a new user :( but its on my youtube channel yankdotcom if you want proof),range has a big part to play with it,its a mobility hit from any range outside 150ft,anything inside that is toast

• Advertisement

yankdotcom wrote: »
    i got a quad kill on a transport heli with it (tried to link the video but boards wont let me because im a new user :( but its on my youtube channel yankdotcom if you want proof),range has a big part to play with it,its a mobility hit from any range outside 150ft,anything inside that is toast

I reckon what happened was just as you were about to shoot, their chopper took some damage so it was already less than 100% health. If you look to the left of the chopper you hit, you'll notice your transport chopper start to engage with its minigun. I think the Rorsh does about 65 damage + the mobility, so your teams gunner probably only needed to do about 35 damage and then the Rorsh became a 1 hit insta-kill.

*If you want I'll link the video for ya, looks great watching the whole chopper go down :D

I reckon what happened was just as you were about to shoot, their chopper took some damage so it was already less than 100% health. If you look to the left of the chopper you hit, you'll notice your transport chopper start to engage with its minigun. I think the Rorsh does about 65 damage + the mobility, so your teams gunner probably only needed to do about 35 damage and then the Rorsh became a 1 hit insta-kill.

*If you want I'll link the video for ya, looks great watching the whole chopper go down :D

Rorsh is an absolute scourge of a wepon hate it >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yankdotcom

yea maybe so,i rather think of it more as me being awesome :D
    no its fine you dont have to link it,i can live without the youtube monies from that vid ;)

Rorsh is an absolute scourge of a wepon hate it >:(

i love it haha. used it loads on hardcore. so they didn't know where i was killing them from and if a team mate took it i'd just kill him and it'd be mine. nobody touches my RORSH!

Advertisement