Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Numbers are dropping off in the CTE since their patching it every Tuesday & Friday. If I'd installed the patch released on Tuesday that would have been a 15gb download. Another patch last night now makes its 30gb of a patch to be downloaded. :mad:

I don't think it works like that. You don't need to have all the patches installed just the latest one. Each patch contains all the fixes from the previous patches so you can delete the previous downloaded patches. This doesn't apply to the DLC which includes the maps and weapons packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Typical Origin. Tried updating earlier and it wanted to download the 30gb that I was complaining about.

Turn on the PC a couple of hours later and it only wants to dowload 13gb. Knowing Origin it would have downloaded all 30gb first and then decided it was a bad install and downloaded the 13gb afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Typical Origin. Tried updating earlier and it wanted to download the 30gb that I was complaining about.

Turn on the PC a couple of hours later and it only wants to dowload 13gb. Knowing Origin it would have downloaded all 30gb first and then decided it was a bad install and downloaded the 13gb afterwards.

I think that's what I've done ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Seriously 13GB update , yer not really inviting me back.

Fiber has been turned on @ my exchanged but not for sale , So I think I shall wait till that it installed before going back to BF.

Im kinda not using CTE... I know its the best experience of BF4 atm but I see it as time I should be using to advance my rank and that isn't relevant in CTE. I might just wait and play bf3 until the (really good) features of CTE are patched into the main game. Hopefully now with Dragons Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Joeface wrote: »
    So tell me gamers of Boards , its been more than 2 months without actually turning on my PC to play BF4(or any game for that matter), I actually haven't even read a post or article about gaming either, I am sure there was some withdrawals symptoms and they must have been bad as I would say it blocked out the memories .

Have I actually missed anything ?, Has the game been fixed and improved or dumped and abandoned . And should I continue with my new found freedom or return to the Drug that is killing ppl online :D

:eek: What is wrong with you???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

:eek: What is wrong with you???

There is nothing wrong me , I am perfectly fine . How are you ?

Sometimes people dont play games... they do other things.

Sometimes i wish ... no... nevermind... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

So frustrating. Was coming first on my team points wise, doing really well and I get kicked by an admin. Fupping blastards.

Advertisement