Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CE Scheme

• 10-02-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

does anybody know if I get accepted into a job through the CE scheme, how long is the job for?

I may apply for one as a way of gaining experience in the related field so I can later apply for a full time job as the payment rate is quite low on the scheme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Its a one year contract, but you may get a 2nd or 3rd year if eligible and you if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

I've applied for a CE scheme position. I've heard that the JSA gets cut in half after the placement finishes. Is this correct?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Joshua J wrote: »
    I've applied for a CE scheme position. I've heard that the JSA gets cut in half after the placement finishes. Is this correct?.

thats only if your applying for jobseekers benefit based on the ce scheme and as its only part time you only get half the jb,if you go back on jobseekers allowance its the same means test and age rules as it was before you did the ce scheme I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

No
    thats only if your applying for jobseekers benefit based on the ce scheme and as its only part time you only get half the jb,if you go back on jobseekers allowance its the same means test and age rules as it was before you did the ce scheme I think

Applying for Job seekers after being on a c.e. scheme, has nothing to do with c.e. scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭compo1

I was on a CE scheme a year ago and when it finished I went straight back to JSA, no difference.

• Advertisement

This is a new one on me! "Open Spaces Operative (CE Scheme)"

Advertisement