Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Jennii. wrote: »
    Oh I wish mine would hurry now. I've had no plug, nothing, and it's getting so depressing not knowing what's happening. No internal either, which sucks! At least then I'd know if something was happening!! :( Sorry for the moan! Just so hard staying positive 24/7.. :(

Don't be sorry for moaning! The waiting really does suck, especially as you're all uncomfortable and fed up being heavily pregnant. Really hope sonething happens soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Thanks Murdy!! I hope so. Your babies look gorgeous, it's definitely worth the wait. So exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Wowza a knitter that's nuts. Hope your doing well test up. Welcome baby Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Yay, another baby! AJ is a cute name. :) Looking forward to hearing your full birth story, aknitter, congratulations, how are you feeling???

Went to the shopping centre this evening and then had bro in law/wife over to visit, was nice. Contractions getting rather painful now, I stopped timing them so we'll see how it goes. Guessing we'll have another day or something ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

Congratulations a knitter, speed birthing! Hope the little man lets you get some rest now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

aknitter wrote: »
    hey fingers crossedfor you paperclip - that how i started and he is here in my arms now - AJ born on the 20th 7lb 7oz.
    Waters went at 2.30am and he was born at 3.26am having been in the delivery ward for 6 mins (a record in CUMH I've been told!). Will post up a fuller account later. Again for those of you waiting best of luck

Sounds like a dream labour and delivery you lucky duck. Hope all is well with mother and baby :)

Hope the ladies with new babies had a restful night and it's all sinking in :)

Thinking of you today Lynda and paperclipgrad!

Contractions/BH getting 2-3 mins apart, called hospital and they said for me to come in. :-0 Scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Contractions/BH getting 2-3 mins apart, called hospital and they said for me to come in. :-0 Scary!

Good luck xx

Home again, home again, jiggety jog...

Had a really sore internal and was put on a trace, not in labour....thank you, come again!

I need ice cream.

• Advertisement

oh wow paper that SUCKS!! i'm sorry :(

Oh no! What is this baby doing to you? I bet now your waters will break during the night and it'll be all drama :)

Thought I'd do an update on where we are so far with babies (can you tell I'm having to sit still for long periods of time to pump?!)

Blueskye: Twin boys born 14th May
    Krankykitty: baby girl born 22nd May
    Sunshiner: baby girl born 28th May
    Lainycool: baby boy born 9th June
    MommaFitz: baby girl born 16th June
    MurdyWurdy: baby boy born 17th June
    aknitter: baby boy born 20th June
    DoubleB: baby girl born 21st June
    Lynda18: baby girl born 21st June

so I think we're waiting on:

Couchkitten
    Paperclipgrad
    Highly111
    Jennii
    Proulx

I apologise if I've fprgotten anyone or got anything wrong - please feel free to correct/add to it!

I was actually just about to ask who's left haha, so lucky you're paying better attention than me Murdy :)

Jennii. wrote: »
    I was actually just about to ask who's left haha, so lucky you're paying better attention than me Murdy :)

Seriously, pumping milk is super boring - was happy with the distraction!

Just noticed we appear to have an even amount of girls and boys? That's nice! :)

Ahh that's sweet :)

So strange changing nappies and praying for there to be something in them! Why am I worrying she's not getting enough milk when she's feeding non stop for the last 2 days?? You could tie yourself in knots with all the breast feeding rules.

MommaFitz wrote: »
    So strange changing nappies and praying for there to be something in them! Why am I worrying she's not getting enough milk when she's feeding non stop for the last 2 days?? You could tie yourself in knots with all the breast feeding rules.

I was like that the other day, we had no poo for ages and it's all we were talking about. The midwife said breastfed babies can't get constipated and it would come - which is did. We had a poo explosion! I just changed another one as well.

That's one good thing about the fact I'm only pumping breastmilk (the only good thing!) - I can see how many mls he's drinking which is reassuring. I'd imagine it's hard if you can't see how much is going in or coming out!

Thanks Murdy, so much to worry about. Friends said yesterday I wil look back in a few weeks and laugh about all these things.

MommaFitz wrote: »
    Thanks Murdy, so much to worry about. Friends said yesterday I wil look back in a few weeks and laugh about all these things.

I was just saying to my friends, how did people have babies before the internet? The amount I've googled im the last week is unreal!

• Advertisement

Seems like everyone's having a fairly relaxing Sunday? Nothing exciting happening this end, did have a small brownish/slightly bloody show, but think there's more left behind that one. If this is labour, it's slooooow.

Good luck to the other 4 girls waiting for a June baby- not many days of June left! Hope mine isn't a July babs!

I think mine will be in July :( still no sign of anything, least you're getting somewhere Paper :D sooner rather than later I think ;) I'm sure you will go soon, could really be any minute right hun? :D stay positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Polly701

Lurking on this thread for the last few weeks.... Was due Friday 21st June so am waiting. Absolutely no signs at all that arrival is imminent. Am comfortable and doctor says baby is still quiet high up. Might be a July baby!
    This is my second baby but had my now 2 year old by planned section at 38 weeks for medical reasons. Doctor says I cannot be induced because of previous section so I will have to have a section if baby doesn't come naturally. Just have to see how this week goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

hey girls - no news here either!! glad to see all new mums & babies are doing well. back in hospital tomorrow - I'll be 3 days over. I was really hoping NOT to make this appointment but I should have known better!!! Fingers crossed they might give me a plan - but i'm not that optimistic - the consultant i'm under is Mr. "Do not intervene" if there was ever one....... I'd say it'll be a case of - you're fine, baby's fine - come back next week if we don't see you before then......

Oh Hope not Highly, could be your night hun!! I was told the baby will come as soon as you give up hope that she will. or he will? :)

There's always a chance tonight's the night, will he let you go much overdue? just think (usually it's 10 days) the absolute maximum amount of days the baby won't be here is...? and prepare for that being the due date, that way you'll be happier when he/she comes earlier :D

I actually gave up hope on Friday - I was so convinced I was going early - simply because with a 15 month old the amount of lifting, bending, changing, playing, laundry etc (and never mind the 4 year old I have too!!) that I thought there is no way the baby can be comfortable in there - but she must be!!! We're also moving house on Saturday so I've been mad busy with that too!!

Holles St let you go 14 days before induction (they confirmed that to me again on Thursday) and 10 days before they'll even do a sweep - it sucks. At this stage I'm just hoping for a June baby!!

Oh gosh really? :/ that sucks so bad. hope things get moving for u soon :)

thanks hon. you too!!

Thanks :') I'm really just hoping for a june baby too haha, but to be honest now that it's past the due date (almost, it's today) I'm just less stressed. either or she's late ha. when was your dd?

• Advertisement

Due date was Friday. I went over with both of my boys - and for some COMPLETELY unreasonable reason I thought that my little girl (we found out it's a girl!) would do her poor mum a favour and come early for 3rd time lucky!! What hospital are you going to Jennii?

Papergradclip - how are you getting on? I cannot believe that everything stopped again for you and they sent you home - happened to me on Thursday - I swear - someone is mocking us!!! Good sign on the plug though - definitely more progress than me!!

Advertisement