Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

been experimenting with the camera on my iphone all night since I didnt go out, I'm shocked as to how good the quality is, I stuck imovie and an app for filters that make videos look more cinematic on it and it looks class, time to shoot some stuff tomorrow methinks. just to show what can be done on a phone camera these days:

shot on a PHONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Watched The Proposal while eating Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough. Ice-cream was yummy but film was just okay. Texting my bf now. I miss him. I think it's time for me to go to bed with a hot water bottle and some music.

Ugh. Why did I eat all that ice-cream? I hate this weird sick/guilty feeling. I was going so well with the weight loss and yet again it fizzled out and now I feel horrible. This has to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Ugh. Why did I eat all that ice-cream?

I also had Cookie Dough earlier and have been feeling very guilty ever since! :o
    Don't be too hard on yourself Jane, you're allowed to have a treat every so often. Just get back on the bandwagon tomorrow. :)

I'm actually going to try and give up chocolate for Lent! :eek: God only knows how I'll fair. Hoping to last at least a week anyway.

Quite stressed about college atm. :( Had loads to do over the mid-term so didn't have any chance to relax and I really needed to.

Also my 'a' key isn't working properly and is really annoying me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just back from my boyfriend's 21st. Really good night but my boyfriend and his bro become real idiots when drunk! Was quite cringy and hilarious listening to em!

Came home to find that my mum had made up a hot water bottle and left in my bed for me. What a legend of a woman

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The design is "Ohm" and the words in it come from Slaughterhouse Five, which is my favourite book ever.
    I got that immediately, but then I have read Slaughterhouse Five over thirty times! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Yay, I feel relatively refreshed today :)

I'm on a massive "sort your life out!" buzz today so it's time for me to figure out exactly what documents I need so I can apply for this passport, accommodation, set up a bank account, book flights, apply for the Erasmus grant and CAF. I'm going to make a list and tick things off as I go along, I love lists :D

Have a fair bit of work to get done today too but I'm feeling positive enough about it. I think I'll attribute my good mood today to the can of coke my mother put in the fridge for me this morning, I'm very much looking forward to having it with Sunday lunch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

I love Sunday mornings ... Soooo lazy :) going to sign lease today so excited !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Ugh. Why did I eat all that ice-cream? I hate this weird sick/guilty feeling. I was going so well with the weight loss and yet again it fizzled out and now I feel horrible. This has to stop.
    because ice cream solves all your woes in life :) i think they should put it on the side of every tub as like a health and safety thing. people should know its healing qualities :D
    Mollikins wrote: »
    I'm actually going to try and give up chocolate for Lent! :eek: God only knows how I'll fair. Hoping to last at least a week anyway.

Quite stressed about college atm. :( Had loads to do over the mid-term so didn't have any chance to relax and I really needed to.
    ha i'm giving it up too! i managed a whole week last time but i'm far more determined this year :)
    Yay, I feel relatively refreshed today :)

I'm on a massive "sort your life out!" buzz today so it's time for me to figure out exactly what documents I need so I can apply for this passport, accommodation, set up a bank account, book flights, apply for the Erasmus grant and CAF. I'm going to make a list and tick things off as I go along, I love lists :D

Have a fair bit of work to get done today too but I'm feeling positive enough about it. I think I'll attribute my good mood today to the can of coke my mother put in the fridge for me this morning, I'm very much looking forward to having it with Sunday lunch :D
    jeez you are on a roll! sure if you don't mind you can pop over and write an essay for me? it fairly easy....honest..... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

the 21st last night was awesome!! :D

although i am really hungover....i drank enough for 4 people :o

now to do thesis work all day and pray to God my friend is talking to me!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm glad to see the sun shining this morning!Beautiful day in Dublin.Perfect day for walk on the beach.

Had such a ****ty day yesterday.I don't know what possessed me but I decided to go out last night to do something different. Then after about an hour I decided to head home to have a fresh head for today. Couldn't find my coat and scarf anywhere in the pub :( But really annoyed me the most was this girl who prevented me from going through the big pile of coats in the corner, and I know my coat was in that pile!She kept saying I was trying to steal the coats,which was just the rudest thing I've ever heared anyone say to me on a night out, and made me feel like a criminal!
    So know I've lost one of my fave coats :( Going to go for a nice walk,coffee and chat in Howth now to make myself feel better.

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    jeez you are on a roll! sure if you don't mind you can pop over and write an essay for me? it fairly easy....honest..... :pac:

Ah shur I'll give it a go for you! :P What's it on, I'll get a bit of research done now in a few :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

panda100 wrote: »
    I'm glad to see the sun shining this morning!Beautiful day in Dublin.Perfect day for walk on the beach.

Had such a ****ty day yesterday.I don't know what possessed me but I decided to go out last night to do something different. Then after about an hour I decided to head home to have a fresh head for today. Couldn't find my coat and scarf anywhere in the pub :( But really annoyed me the most was this girl who prevented me from going through the big pile of coats in the corner, and I know my coat was in that pile!She kept saying I was trying to steal the coats,which was just the rudest thing I've ever heared anyone say to me on a night out, and made me feel like a criminal!
    So know I've lost one of my fave coats :( Going to go for a nice walk,coffee and chat in Howth now to make myself feel better.

How rude of her. That happened to me before and i told her that no matter what she thought of me i was going to look through the pile of coats and find mine. Which i did. Silly bint.

I went for a fab walk in Howth yesterday afternoon. Its my fav place ever, enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Ah shur I'll give it a go for you! :P What's it on, I'll get a bit of research done now in a few :pac:

ah excellent :P i knew you were the one to ask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I lost one of my USB sticks with some college work on it yesterday, somewhere between the kitchen and my bedroom.. I've looked everywhere and cannot find it, it's like it vanished into thin air :eek:

Now I have to spend today re-doing said work.. Thankfully it's only one short assignment and the beginning of an essay but it's such a pain! :(
    I hope the stupid thing turns up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Kiera wrote: »
    How rude of her. That happened to me before and i told her that no matter what she thought of me i was going to look through the pile of coats and find mine. Which i did. Silly bint.

I went for a fab walk in Howth yesterday afternoon. Its my fav place ever, enjoy :)

Yep thats what I should hve done,but I lack any sort of assertivness whatsoever in these situations.And it was the gentlemans club beers so I didn't want to strat some sort of fight with some random boardsie! I'll go by the pub this evening, and fingers crossed it will be there waiting for me :)

Yay,Howth here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

@Panda100......that's nuts, a boardsie prevented you from looking for your jacket:eek::mad:

I'd be really annoyed with that!!

@brightEyes.... You know as soon as you stop looking and re-do all the work that your USB will magically reappear....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I are in the Sunday newspaper *happy dance*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i thought that said "i ate the sunday newspaper" :o

Awwh. I was looking to see if I have my birth cert at home and came across a good luck card a teacher gave me nearly two years ago. It's such a lovely thing, I'd completely forgotten about it. Now I want to let him know how well things are going and that his faith in me wasn't misplaced. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »

We have a celeb in our company, Girls :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Which paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

And does it involve cake? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Tigger99 wrote: »
    And does it involve cake? :)

Yep, somewhat surprisingly!

We promise not to laugh about the page number.

For a while.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Yep, somewhat surprisingly!

We promise not to laugh about the page number.

For a while.... :P

Ok why do I have an image along the lines of calander girls, with cake hiding strategic places! :eek: :eek: :D:D

Ooh, Acoshla is a celeb!! :D

Ugh, very late night last night. I still haven't made it out of bed! :o
    I've loads of stuff to do today, like reading up on that course I've applied for, practicing my piano sight reading, more room tidying etc..

I do this to myself on days off all the time though, give myself lists of things to do then beat myself up when I don't get them all done. :rolleyes:

• Acoshla wrote: »

Yeah well. I was in the audience of Bebe Baskin's Big Top, so beat that :pac:

@Posy - you've got great taste, though it's hard to explain to people "it's this guy who's in the army that time travels everywhere and gets abducted by alien"

@Posy - you've got great taste, though it's hard to explain to people "it's this guy who's in the army that time travels everywhere and gets abducted by alien"
    I know!!

Me: "My all time favourite book is written in a sporadic Tralfamadorian style as the character jumps through time and space after being abduced by little green men that look like toilet plungers..."

Other people: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mollikins wrote: »
    I also had Cookie Dough earlier and have been feeling very guilty ever since! :o
    Don't be too hard on yourself Jane, you're allowed to have a treat every so often. Just get back on the bandwagon tomorrow. :)

I wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't fall off the wagon about a week ago. I'm definitely an emotional eater so I'm gonna have to try stop it. Back to the diet tomorrow.
    musical.x wrote: »
    because ice cream solves all your woes in life :) i think they should put it on thIe side of every tub as like a health and safety thing. people should know its healing qualities :D

I really wish that were true! :D
    Acoshla wrote: »

Oooh what paper? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Well, last night was one of the scariest of my life.

Parents joint 60th in their house, everyone was settling in and getting on, and myself and the OH started serving up dinner.
    My gran came in, asked for what she wanted- then just suddenly stopped. I thought she was struggling with the plate and her wine so I called over my friend to help her into the other room. Then my eyes locked with hers and I realised "F*** she's having a stroke."
    The next part was a blur but the OH explained it all to me after- I yelled for my mom and said to the OH "get the kids out of the room, she's having a stroke". She came running and we got to her just as her legs went from under her. We got her sitting and my aunt mom and sister kept talking to her while I ran out to call an ambulence.
    I put my nephews upstairs with a film on (all under 9, didn't want them to see anything), got my little cousins (13 and 15) out onto the road to look out for the ambulence. Had to calm my dad and uncle down from having a panic attack.
    When the ambulence finally arrived and took her away my aunts and uncles insisted the party keep going, saying gran would have wanted that. So me, the OH and my friend went around with loads of wine and beer and loaded everyone up on drink.
    The night went on, we got the call that granny was doing better (which called for more drink) and people seemed to enjoy themselves considering.

That moment when I saw it in her eyes though keeps playing through my mind, can't stop thinking about it. It was terrifying, I don't think I've ever been so so scared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

I am so annoyed with myself right now, I was applying for a second year visa for my brother for australia and was hyper conscious about entering all the correct details, checking everything, over and over again. just pressed submit, and realised i f**king entered the wrong ending to his email, I entered .com, when he is .ie, I wouldnt mind but I also picked email correspondance, was looking for a way of changing / alerting them, think I found a way but oh I want to cry with frustration!!!!!!!!!!! I am such a div!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement