Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Which one did she get? I'm currently obsessed with awear dresses and have my eye on one for 31 that I can't find in any of the shops to try on. :(

Edit: Sorry to hear about your dress. Seemed odd they were so difficult about getting it out to you. At least you have the fun(stress?) of trying on lots of pretty dresses. But I think you should get one of the ivory viv holloway dresses :)

She bought this one: http://www.awear.com/dresses/victoria-sweetheart-pencil-dress/invt/10401397print/

I don't mind dress shopping, I like trying on the pretty dresses, I just don't like sales people in changing rooms with me. I don't really want a fifties style dress tbh, much as I love them.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    No, unpacking after you get home is!

Acoshla, I know you're probably completely disenchanted with the whole ordering online thing, but I couldn't recommend Light In The Box enough. My dress is amazing quality, I'm chuffed with it.

They don't make the dress I want, I would have ordered from there or dressingpod but neither had it listed on their site.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Eviledna wrote: »
    Taking a quick break from study for a big interview on Thurs, *eeep* I'm so nervous, it's been years since I did an interview. Anyone else ever get a nervous tummy before big things? My butterflies have turned into pterodactyls methinks :(
    Yes! I went to a job interview once where I was so nervous I felt sick; I woke up really early as I was so anxious I would oversleep, and I couldn’t eat breakfast because I thought I might vomit.

Just do as much preparation as you can – find out as much as you can about the company; if you have the names of the people interviewing you, google them; go through all the obvious questions and think of answers; iron your clothes and shine your shoes the day before; be pleasant to everyone including the receptionist, as there is a good chance they will ask them what they thought of you. I hope it goes well for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Make money money, make money money.

Seems to be the only thing on my mind. Starting by putting a few bits up on adverts. Hopefully I can get the extra cash rolling in. Awful but I'm planning on spending on a new pair of irregular choice shoes while trying to save money! Thing is though, they do last for years! I've had my first pair for 5 years I would say.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Eviledna wrote: »
    Taking a quick break from study for a big interview on Thurs, *eeep* I'm so nervous, it's been years since I did an interview. Anyone else ever get a nervous tummy before big things? My butterflies have turned into pterodactyls methinks :(
    The first interview for my current job I didn't sleep a all the night before and I ate breakfast (coffee and 1 egg, and I don't drink coffee), the interview was at 1 and I wasn't hungry but my stomach was still not well. I ate like a horse that evening :pac: It's just nerves!

Best of luck with the interview!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    She bought this one: http://www.awear.com/dresses/victoria-sweetheart-pencil-dress/invt/10401397print/

I don't mind dress shopping, I like trying on the pretty dresses, I just don't like sales people in changing rooms with me. I don't really want a fifties style dress tbh, much as I love them.

I want all three of these. Don't want to buy online because I want to see which is the nicest. Like. All. Colours. :(

http://www.awear.com/dresses/cutie-chiffon-tiered-dress/invt/00001710pink/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh god the pink my eyes! :pac:

the light pink one is lovely though

I want all three of these. Don't want to buy online because I want to see which is the nicest. Like. All. Colours. :(

I didn't see them when I was in 2 Awears over the week, I like the grey one.

A bridal place near me has two dresses I like the look of but they only open Wed-Fri 12-6 and Saturday 10 to 5.30, all times I work and can't go. Poops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd go for the light pink as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I like the blue one!

I want this one.

• Advertisement

While we're talking about dresses... I need to pick a dress for my best friend's wedding in May, and I have not got the slightest clue what I want or what's out there. So time to pick the brain of the tLL hivemind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Home made veg soup with home made brown bread for lunch before I crawl back into bed before work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

While we're talking about dresses... I need to pick a dress for my best friend's wedding in May, and I have not got the slightest clue what I want or what's out there. So time to pick the brain of the tLL hivemind :)

What style, colour, length do you like?

I was informed I have 3 weddings this summer. All 3 are friends so it's not like I can get away with wearing the same dress to all of them. I have one dress so far. The effort!!

Kiera wrote: »
    What style, colour, length do you like?

Well I prefer solid, strong colours and hate pink - prefer simple lines, not much in the way of frills etc, I have a pretty serious hourglass figure and I'm a size 12, and I don't want something that requires massive heels because **** being uncomfortable all day. Would prefer around knee length, I always think I look really dumpy in long dresses.

Just noticed that someone robbed a peanut butter Kit Kat Chunky off my locker at work. Time to rain down some fiery doom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Well I prefer solid, strong colours and hate pink - prefer simple lines, not much in the way of frills etc, I have a pretty serious hourglass figure and I'm a size 12, and I don't want something that requires massive heels because **** being uncomfortable all day. Would prefer around knee length, I always think I look really dumpy in long dresses.

Just noticed that someone robbed a peanut butter Kit Kat Chunky off my locker at work. Time to rain down some fiery doom :pac:

So kinda like a simple 50's dress?

I'd actually love a Vivien of Holloway dress, but I'd prefer to try one on first because by the measurements I'm very much between sizes. But yeah, I do like that sort of shape.

Dorothy Perkins has a ton of gorgeous structured dresses in solid colours on the website, could definitely be worth a look.

Edit: Gah the link was a mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

A peanut butter kit kat chunky!? :eek: BURN THE HEART OUT OF THEM!!!! :mad:

wheee, 2 days until Amon Amarth! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Fishie wrote: »
    Yes! I went to a job interview once where I was so nervous I felt sick; I woke up really early as I was so anxious I would oversleep, and I couldn’t eat breakfast because I thought I might vomit.

Just do as much preparation as you can – find out as much as you can about the company; if you have the names of the people interviewing you, google them; go through all the obvious questions and think of answers; iron your clothes and shine your shoes the day before; be pleasant to everyone including the receptionist, as there is a good chance they will ask them what they thought of you. I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks fishie, that's really good advice :) I'm preparing away here, it's a job I'd really like and choosing to leave self employment is one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, so I'm hoping this process will come good for me. I got an interview earlier than I expected, so it's a case of a rushed preparation which just goes against my nature.
    Pembily wrote:
    The first interview for my current job I didn't sleep a all the night before and I ate breakfast (coffee and 1 egg, and I don't drink coffee), the interview was at 1 and I wasn't hungry but my stomach was still not well. I ate like a horse that evening pacman.gif It's just nerves!

Best of luck with the interview!

Thanks Pembily, it's good to know it's not just me so! I've noticed I've been getting a nervous tummy more as I get older, remember getting it a few years ago in college before exams and things, but now it's more and more! I guess it's something everyone gets and is to be expected ;)

Love this thread, so supportive. Thanks you guys :D *scurries back to study...*

• Advertisement

Edna I get the butterflies too, and I get the shakes, can't eat, not fun! I was like that Sunday because I was trusted with a ridiculously cool camera to capture images of very important baby moments, no pressure! :eek: I was a shaky mess and had a thumping headache after it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thing about pink is you can always find a nice pink dress, with the other two colours you can't so I'd sway away from the pink. I usually don't like things to be too pink but it's nice once in a while.

but it's nice once in a while.
    Unless it's the new Asics Nimbus, then it's just gank :p

Unless it's the new Asics Nimbus, then it's just gank :p

I read Nimbus and I thought of this

Nimbus202000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Talking about peanut butter, I've become addicted to it recently. So I feel your pain Rainbow!

Well done on the weight loss DK!! I hope you get your goal at your weigh in! I'm getting so fed up of trying to lose weight, then giving up, then dieting again :( I'm up 2-3lbs in the last couple of weeks and it's bugging me.

Aw Acoshla, that's a huge shame about your dress, but you still have loads of time to get the perfect dress. Those Viv Holloway dresses are fab, not really my style but still gorgeous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

They don't make the dress I want, I would have ordered from there or dressingpod but neither had it listed on their site.

I know a few people who got their dream dress in Barnardos Bridal in Dún Laoghaire, all of the dresses are brand new and donated by bridal shops. Great service and most would be under €400. I've also heard great things about Memories Bridal and Oxfam Bridal in Dublin city centre. If I don't find anything there it's VoH for me!
    I'd actually love a Vivien of Holloway dress, but I'd prefer to try one on first because by the measurements I'm very much between sizes. But yeah, I do like that sort of shape.

They have them in Retro, Georges St! They also have cheaper versions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

I've been sulking all day, don't even know why tbh, just feeling a bit sad so I decided to think about all the things I have to look forward to including my Dad's wife having their (our!) baby and there I was thinking her induction date is next week when I realised it's actually this friday!! Massive grin on my face now, talk about extremes!

Dolorous wrote: »
    I know a few people who got their dream dress in Barnardos Bridal in Dún Laoghaire, all of the dresses are brand new and donated by bridal shops. Great service and most would be under €400. I've also heard great things about Memories Bridal and Oxfam Bridal in Dublin city centre. If I don't find anything there it's VoH for me!

Yeah I've heard great things about Barnardos, Dublin is just all so far from me that by the time I managed to get a whole day to go up there and pay for all the petrol, tolls, etc it's just a very depressing idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yeah I've heard great things about Barnardos, Dublin is just all so far from me that by the time I managed to get a whole day to go up there and pay for all the petrol, tolls, etc it's just a very depressing idea!

It would be a massive drive for you alright :( Carlow probably isn't much better, there's a Barnardos bridal there too... Just remembered there's a Memories Bridal in Cork which is meant to be brilliant, might be worth considering?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

there's a new "chocolate coconut" flavour protein now :confused:
    think i'll go back to basic choc

if i buy a shaker, what's that? is it different to buying any other bottle to carry the shake in? how long can i carry it around before the protein tastes funny? make in morning bring in evening?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement