Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2014, 15:13   #4651
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinseeds View Post
Talk about a small world. A new chap started working in the same company as my husband. Turns out not only does he live in our neighbourhood but he and his girlfriend have been feeding 2 of our cats.
It's a very small world alright but that's mad

http://www.softpaws.com/

Anyone have any experience or opinions about these?
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 15:17   #4652
boomerang

Lisa in Maxi Zoo in Limerick recommended their beef scalp chews to me for the dogs. Bought one there the other day for them and it's fantastic - it lasts way, way longer than a rawhide roll or a compressed rawhide chew, which I'd usually buy. And it works out the same price or cheaper. The beef scalp is really long but I cut it in three.

ETA: You have to get over the fact that it's um, scalp.
11-03-2014, 15:21   #4653
Pumpkinseeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapperzy View Post
It's a very small world alright but that's mad

http://www.softpaws.com/

Anyone have any experience or opinions about these?
I haven't tried them but I hear they're very popular in America. I wouldn't put them on a cat that has access to the outdoors as they'd stop the cat from protecting themselves. At least they stop some Americans from declawing cats. I don't know how anyone who claims to love their cats could possibly subject them to declawing.
11-03-2014, 15:31   #4654
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerang View Post
Lisa in Maxi Zoo in Limerick recommended their beef scalp chews to me for the dogs. Bought one there the other day for them and it's fantastic - it lasts way, way longer than a rawhide roll or a compressed rawhide chew, which I'd usually buy. And it works out the same price or cheaper. The beef scalp is really long but I cut it in three.

ETA: You have to get over the fact that it's um, scalp.
You can get huge ones on zooplus - actually if you go back a few pages I uploaded a pic of them when they arrived a few weeks ago! The first one I gave Bailey only lasted 20 mins but I have him a thicker one at the weekend and he was still eating it after an hour!
11-03-2014, 15:33   #4655
Zapperzy

Quote:
I haven't tried them but I hear they're very popular in America. I wouldn't put them on a cat that has access to the outdoors as they'd stop the cat from protecting themselves. At least they stop some Americans from declawing cats. I don't know how anyone who claims to love their cats could possibly subject them to declawing.
Well I'v already ordered 2 packets so I hope they'll work out ok Fully indoor cats, says on the website not to use them on cats that have outdoor access for that reason. Declawing really is barbaric, how anyone can do that to an animal they seemingly care for is beyond me when there's so much info readily available about it
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 16:16   #4656
borderlinemeath

Quote:
Talk about a small world. A new chap started working in the same company as my husband. Turns out not only does he live in our neighbourhood but he and his girlfriend have been feeding 2 of our cats.
Tis a small world indeed. The little setter I rehomed last week came from a pic that was posted up on a rescue page. I knew the people that were looking for a setter and told them that I would keep an eye out. I sent an private fb message to the rescue page and then got a friend request on fb from a girl that I thought I vaguely knew, we had 9 mutual friends - turns out it was her brother and sister in laws setter that was getting rehomed and she's very good friends with people I grew up with in Dublin.
Thanks from:
11-03-2014, 17:36   #4657
sparkle_23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapperzy View Post
Well I'v already ordered 2 packets so I hope they'll work out ok Fully indoor cats, says on the website not to use them on cats that have outdoor access for that reason. Declawing really is barbaric, how anyone can do that to an animal they seemingly care for is beyond me when there's so much info readily available about it
Thankfully declawing isn't as common anymore here in Canada. I was thinking about getting those clawcaps thingys too. Pepper is indoor only but she loves to scratch under the bed and the couch... not fun! She has a cat tree and a scratching post too but I guess destroying the couch is way more fun! She loves to go under the bed and lie on her back and claw her way around. Extremely loud and annoying at 4am!
11-03-2014, 17:47   #4658
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_23 View Post
Thankfully declawing isn't as common anymore here in Canada. I was thinking about getting those clawcaps thingys too. Pepper is indoor only but she loves to scratch under the bed and the couch... not fun! She has a cat tree and a scratching post too but I guess destroying the couch is way more fun! She loves to go under the bed and lie on her back and claw her way around. Extremely loud and annoying at 4am!
I'l let you know how I get on with them, I reckon applying them will be fun Moving to rented accommodation soon and I'm worried about the furniture hence why I'm getting these early to get them used of them, plan on buying a big cat tree too At least you don't get your ears nibbled at 4am
Thanks from:
11-03-2014, 23:42   #4659
SillyMangoX

I think there's a tummy bug doing the rounds with my guys, first peach was
Vomiting but is better now, then Dude had the runs yesterday and even though most people wouldn't worry about it with his condition he had to be seen straight away, now he's better and Cream has the runs! I have a different cat in the crate in my room each night!!
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 23:52   #4660
ferretone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMangoX View Post
I think there's a tummy bug doing the rounds with my guys, first peach was
Vomiting but is better now, then Dude had the runs yesterday and even though most people wouldn't worry about it with his condition he had to be seen straight away, now he's better and Cream has the runs! I have a different cat in the crate in my room each night!!
So relieved to hear Dude is better. Hope everything is back to normal soon!
Thanks from:
11-03-2014, 23:54   #4661
SingItOut

Hope they get better soon sillymango, moone has been sick all evening too. She's been narky (more than usual ) with Alli and whining to sit on the sofa with me. She even went over and picked up her teddy to snuggle in beside me hopefully she'll be better in the morning.
Thanks from:
12-03-2014, 00:01   #4662
handbagmad

my little boss had the runs too sunday and yesterday. just light meals of boiled chicken and rice. normal poo's today he still tired though. must be something going
Thanks from:
12-03-2014, 12:24   #4663
SingItOut

The house is so quiet without Alli here, she went off with the vet no problem. Hopefully she won't be too bad after her operation, our cat was a little sick after hers. Moones actually going around looking for Alli
12-03-2014, 12:25   #4664
nala2012

Ahh Nala for some reason decided to chew up Bruce's eye cream so had to get new one at vets. The rescue had paid for first one but seen as nala ate this one i said i'd buy it not realising it's €37! It's called optimmune. It's only tiny tube but his eyes have improved so it should last a while. Anyone have any idea's where i might find cheaper one online?
12-03-2014, 12:35   #4665
SingItOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala2012 View Post
Ahh Nala for some reason decided to chew up Bruce's eye cream so had to get new one at vets. The rescue had paid for first one but seen as nala ate this one i said i'd buy it not realising it's €37! It's called optimmune. It's only tiny tube but his eyes have improved so it should last a while. Anyone have any idea's where i might find cheaper one online?
I wAs going to suggest trying on amazon but i think with anything like that you'd be safer getting it in the vets as it's genuine. Is there not a cheaper brand you could ask for? My labrador had eye problems a few weeks before he passed away and we had to get him eye drops from the vets that cost about €15, I can't remember the brand though

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion