Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Projector and Screen Positioning

• 02-07-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In the next week or so I'll be setting up my projector so was hoping to get some friendly advice on how to actually line everything up?

Be screwing the mount against the top of the back wall but just want some advice on how to centre and have the screen opposite (it'll be hanging from the ceiling)?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Calculator, measuring tape, straight edge. And projector calculator online. Don't forget center screen on middle of lens not middle of projector.
    pm me if you need more specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Calculator, measuring tape, straight edge. And projector calculator online. Don't forget center screen on middle of lens not middle of projector.
    pm me if you need more specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'll be doing this in the coming weeks, could you recommend a good online tutorial showing this? I've come across many different ones but they seem to be offering different advice at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Screen first and then projector or other way round? Few guides I read said screen first and then use combination of straight edges and trigonometry to position the projector. I've a bit of leeway in the position due to the style of mount so I reckon it's more so trying to have the screen parrallel to the back wall that will be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deano59

Hi - I will be setting up a projector soon in my living room - I will be using a ceiling mount. What kind of ceiling mount should I buy - my projector does not have lens shift. Does anyone know how big a screen I should get if I am sitting 16 feet away from the screen? What kind of screens have you guys bought? I would love to get an electronic one that comes down in front of the TV - are these reliable when they are not sliding down a wall - I was thinking of ceiling mounting it a little bit away from the TV so it comes down in front of the TV. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement