Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stupid Question time

• 04-04-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

My son wants this game badly.

Is it possible to buy this game disc (xtravision selling a 2nd hand copy) and play it with a subscription to xbox live? I have a wireless internet connection on all the time to the xbox but have let my subscription go.

I only want my son (He's 8) to be able to play in his own world offline and maybe 2 player against/with me?

When I went to buy the game, the girl told me that I had to have internet on all the time and a current xbox live subscription - Is this correct?

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking what is probably a very stupid question - I'm into games but this minecraft game is all new to me!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

That doesn't sound correct, I don't see why you'd need to be signed into Xbox live to play with your boy on split screen offline.

I don't have a second controller to test multi player but I'll check out what I can when I get home to my Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

That doesn't sound correct, I don't see why you'd need to be signed into Xbox live to play with your boy on split screen offline.

I don't have a second controller to test multi player but I'll check out what I can when I get home to my Xbox

I thought it sounded wrong - fair enough for online multiplayer obviously but not if we just want to play offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

You can play perfectly fine without an Xbox live subscription or internet.
    The only requirement to play split-screen is a HDMI cable.

Advertisement